Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

ZTE 4G switcher app

I live in an area that has one weak 4G site with other surrounding sites having stronger 2G/3G signal. Our ZTE Grand X's want to track on the 4G site which causes it to constantly drop out of service. Since we have wifi at home then I would like the ability to force the phone to the 2G/3G signal so to make calls. Any ideas of how to do this either from an app or by entering commands in the phone? I have tried downloading several "switcher" apps but none of them are compatible with the phone.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Under settings>more networks>mobile networks> network mode. I can change it from lte/cdma or just cdma. Do you have a setting like that? And I think there might be an app that does that.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since

4G switcher

The only options available under Mobile network settings is "Data enabled", Data roaming, and Always-on mobile data. This is the problem I have- I can't get deep enough in the settings to place the phone in 2G/3G mode only. I found an app that sends you to the settings screen but only to turn off the data option only.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Under settings>more networks>mobile networks> network mode. I can change it from lte/cdma or just cdma. Do you have a setting like that? And I think there might be an app that does that.

Thread Information