Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

OK I looked at the accounts i cannot upload the files. Without permission. But I googled searched the files by copying and pasting them just take out the underscores and dashes you will find each download it is very easy and the twrp will be 2.8.6.0

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

It took me less than 5 minutes to find all the links to the files by copying and pasting . if you want links I have to get permission from Admin and I will post them if they give me the ok

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

Root File Sites

Z987%20Root%20sites.txt

Here is a txt file for the sites open it and here is the info for it i cant upload the files but you can find them here. I do not own these files. If you Choose to root your phone PLEASE CHECK AND VERIFY THE FILE SIZES AND NAMES OF THE FILES TO THE VERSIONS OF THE FILES. DO NOT UNZIP THE ZIP FILES THEY WILL BE READY TO FLASH. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE. I ROOTED MY PHONE WITH NO PROBLEMS JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AND YOU SHOULD BE SUCESSFUL AND PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS

Overall activity: 0%

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61189679

Has all links you need

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stony442 View Post
    Some screenshots
    Lol. That's my screenshot!

Overall activity: 15.0%

stuck in bootloop now, from kinguser install only

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

Darandnik which instructions did you do? Mines or the xda? If you did mines you have to get the exact version numbers on the files from the links you have to run king root and it will take a few tries if it fails then go to settings apps king root clear cache and data and uninstall King user and try it again then when you are successful don't reboot install the twrp recovery grant it access and reboot to your recovery flash the team epic root from recovery and the update su zip and then reboot install the twrp manager from the play store and open it check everything and backup your nandroid

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

If you got the wrong version it can bootloop your phone and make apps fail I found a safer way to root. Just follow the instructions or tell me where you got stuck

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I helped another member obtain root and it didn't mess his device up at all

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismixindaly View Post
    Darandnik which instructions did you do? Mines or the xda? If you did mines you have to get the exact version numbers on the files from the links you have to run king root and it will take a few tries if it fails then go to settings apps king root clear cache and data and uninstall King user and try it again then when you are successful don't reboot install the twrp recovery grant it access and reboot to your recovery flash the team epic root from recovery and the update su zip and then reboot install the twrp manager from the play store and open it check everything and backup your nandroid

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

If you got the wrong version it can bootloop your phone and make apps fail I found a safer way to root. Just follow the instructions or tell me where you got stuck

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I helped another member obtain root and it didn't mess his device up at all
    The posting was great, and accurate, My phone was already temp rooted, so I removed root to try your method, downloaded everything exactly to the number, and started off with Kingroot.... thats when the problems began...the phone rebooted during root, and got stuck in a bootloop, I had TWRP installed from Christoperco's post on android forums, and ubtained root from there, so luckily i had a backup... but tried, and it failed to even backup.... Long story short, My wife has the same phone, and I also have a donor that Ive been building and testing a rom with, So, I hiested a backup from her and got it going again... If you can, go into titanium backup, and see if you can delete anything, accuweather is the one for me to remove, then restart you phone, and see if it comes back, it does everytime for me, and in file manager as well.... Sorry for the long post, but it seems to be only temp rooted still, Please try to remove some bloat, and let me know, Thanks for your hard work!!!!

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

Darandnik if you already have twrp you only need to flash the root from recovery zip.and the Updatesu zip. You don't need to do the king root if you already have twrp

Still not fully rooted, nothing will stick, I remove apps with titanium backup, and they come right back after reboot, but thank you for the help...

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

Yea this is a rooted device but what you are looking for are system rw permissions. We do not have that yet. That is what an unlocked bootloader is needed for and to disable selinux. So we can run our own custom roms. We need developers. But at least we have a system dump

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=60802413

Will get you system rw.

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

That is for the Z970 not Z987 plus the bootloader is unlocked on that device. Have you tried it?

The steps are applicable to the z987. Yes I have tried it and haven't had any issues.

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

And your phone keeps system rw through this auto script.? Even through a hard reboot. I know some people bricked their devices trying that method on a locked bootloader

I didn't use autoscript, used terminal. I don't reboot my phone so I've never had to double check rw. Though I wouldn't suggest resetting device.

Customer Since
    Jan 2007

Well if you reboot your phone the bootloader could rewrite the system corrupting something I hope you did a full nandroid with your boot and recovery included if not it if you restore just using the regular twrp backup which does not have the recovery partitions included it could be a brick. Now someone could rewrite a boot img off the nandroid with an unlocked bootloader if they can pull the sbk. And disable it. And patch an md5 to reflash it in the recovery. That would give us access to a possible lollipop rom

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

But we need developers. And I haven't seen any on here....hopefully we have some takers soon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information