Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    feb. 2005

HELP FIX!!!... Need to Change the Bad ESN on my HTC EVO 4G, that I recenly purchsed!!

CricketUsers...

I'm new to the site and the whole manipulation of cellular software. I recently purchased an HTC EVO 4G and, through process of reaearch and info found on this site, found out that the ESN is bad. I'm currently getting the mini-usb port fixed (that's another big "mishagas" I'm havng to deal with), and now want to change my service over to freedompop, but it says my ESN is bad. Is there a way to solve ths issue? Any help to this would be greatly apprectated.

Thank you,

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

welcome to cricketusers! this a great question, and is often asked about. I do not want to tell you the bad news but here it is. .

-changing an ESN is a felony and very illegal.
    there are a lot of laws in place, think of it as changing the serial number on a car. also illegal. we do not condone or explain anything that has anything to do with changing esns.

-freedompop is using sprint's network. perhaps they are using sprint's esn blacklist. this means you could try another provider? pagelus for example.

Thread Information