Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

HTC Unlock Hboot 2.18 Recovery + Root + Flash(4.67.651.3)

I wish i can test this out myself but i don't have the EVO anymore. I do know it works because good people down XDA dev have done it. ( just to add to this i have test it on my evo and need more to say it a for sure thing, so i will keep u posted guys/gals)

You will need to go to
    HTCdev

and go to unlock bootloader. Under Supported Devices(------Select Your Device-----) and choose All Other Supported Devices. You will Need to Register with them to use the Unlock Method. Next, the click on the "Begin Unlock Bootloader" and follow the step to get your Bootloader Unlock.

Are you sure you wish to continue?

You are about to start the process of unlocking your device. Unlocking your device allows you to install custom Operating Systems (“OS”) onto your device. Custom OS’s are not tested as thoroughly as your original OS, and unlocking your device may void all or parts of your warranty. HTC disclaims any and all liability for proper functioning of your device after the bootloader has been unlocked and for data lost in the unlocking process. To prevent unauthorized access to your data, unlocking the bootloader will delete all personal data from your device including applications, text messages and personalized settings.

Do you still wish to continue?

[Yes] or [NO]?

Legal Terms

In order to continue, please read
    and accept the following legal terms:

[check] I acknowledge that use of the unlock bootloader
    may void all or parts of my warranty
    device and my device may not
    function as intended by HTC.

[check] I acknowledge that, if my device requires
    repairs, HTC may charge for additional
    costs due to the unlocked bootloader.

Proceed to Unlock instructions

Here are the required downloads to get you started with HTC's Unlock if you don't already have adb or HTC sync setup:

After you've followed their instructions, you can come back here to get your custom recovery and Superuser setup.

1. Pull your Battery.
    2. Place Battery back and Hold together Power Button + Volume Down Button.
    3. When in the Bootloader select Fastboot by using Volume up or down and Power to Select.
    4. Connect your usb cable to your Phone and then to Computer.
    5. On your computer create a new folder (For Example: C:Android) where we will be putting the following 3 files in this new folder: adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, and Fastboot.exe
    6. Run the “SDK Manager.exe” which is found in android-sdk-windows and if you don't I included a Location on where to download it named Android SDK. Update
    7. You will need to download the
      android-sdk_r13-windows.zip

but I will also include the adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, and Fastboot.exe.
    8. Open up command prompt. ( Start > Run > Type CMD,). The window that appears is called Command Prompt.
    9. For me, I enter cd c:\android\ and enter.
    10. Type in Command Prompt: fastboot
      oem

get_identifier_token.
      First time, I didn't do it right because I did't enter the correct line. Which was: cd c:\android instead of cd c:\android\.
    11. Once you hit enter you will get this: Please cut following message and afterwards you copy following line(right-click on you mouse and select mark) From > to
    12. You will head back HTCdev to input your Token in following box: My Device Identifier Token
    13. Enter Submit.
    14. When you registor with HTCdev and give a Email. You will have a Email by HTCdev containing Unlock_Code.bin file. Download the file and place it in folder you created eariler.
    15. In the command prompt type: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin.
    16. On your phone you will now see the disclaimer. [YES] Unlock Bootloader(may void your warranty) or [NO] Do not unlock bootloader and restart phone?
    17. Once Unlocked you will need to get root by installing recovery and install su zip file. Afterwards, you have no trouble with Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Quick Boot or any other app that requires root.
    18. Strongly suggest you all use Flashimage gui. Am not sure if it is same like the EVO 3D but if you install a rom by recovery by itself you will get a endless bootloop(like song stuck on repeat your phone will play bootanimation or splashscreen over and over again). Fair Warning ()
    19. If you want to relock you HTC EVO 4G. Type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem lock.
    20. If you want to unlock again. Then repeat step 15
    21. If you want locked to sent the phone repair for any reason. Use step 19 and use RUU file 4.67.651.3 to remove any changes you had made. For RUU, Look for it
    22. Next, Please give rep points and rate for others to know it works.
    23. Good Luck

So, you got ur Bootloader unlocked via HTC, now, on your phone, go to menu > settings > applications > development and check the box net to usb debugging.

Now, here are the rest of ur required downloads for the next steps:

• TWRP Recovery
    • su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip
    • ClockworkMoD Recovery

Take both the su.zip and recovery.img files and put them in your android folder.

Then, get in your command prompt from start and type cmd.

Code:
    adb push recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.1-supersonic.img /sdcard/   or
    adb push recovery-twrp-supersonic-1.0.3.img /sdcard/
    and,
    choose which recovery image you want

Code:
    adb push su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/ 
    Then,

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader 
    Next,
    Am waiting

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery "name of recovery you have chosen.img"
    Look I made this Video so if you guy are having trouble with adb codes. I just out of work so if the video suck. Sorry.

Now you have recovery, so you can navigate to it. On ur phone, use the power button to pick bootloader, then scroll down to recovery and pick that. You will then be booted into recovery.

Here you can pick "install zip" or "install from SD" and then pick the "su.zip"
    It will flash, the you can pick "back to main menu", then "reboot system now"

For Flash Image GUI go ahead click on Browse and Choose the rom your going to install. Next, choose Kernel Image, Check mark both clear Dalvik, and Cache. Click Flash Image and click ok. Wait and Install rom.

You can download the Flash image Gui app. This app will let you flash the kernel first and then rom which I like. unnamed.jpg

https://market.android.com/details?i...imagegui&hl=en

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by avillal87; 04-20-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Video

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    3VO

I got to Work. It just say way like the 3D. Root and got msl from msl reader.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone
    Acsend1/2 Mercury

Brain hurts tried this method and captains not getting push through's after moving all files all sdk etc... I just want to root this darn phone driving me crazy! lulz how do i just flash cwm or Ra so i can get going i looked for 2x days around went through many variations I hate asking ppl but this time i did y research and must have missed something any help is appreciated.

ps-I have unlocked HTcdev i am unlocked with hboot 2.18 S-on rad = 2.15
    pps- never buying evo with ota update again =(

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Azithakz View Post
    Brain hurts tried this method and captains not getting push through's after moving all files all sdk etc... I just want to root this darn phone driving me crazy! lulz how do i just flash cwm or Ra so i can get going i looked for 2x days around went through many variations I hate asking ppl but this time i did y research and must have missed something any help is appreciated.

ps-I have unlocked HTcdev i am unlocked with hboot 2.18 S-on rad = 2.15
    pps- never buying evo with ota update again =(
    Did u unlock the bootloader.
    You can find the cwm or ra recovery.
    Give me more info on what u need.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Acsend1/2 Mercury

Unhappy

yeah i had no prob with getting it to unlock the boot loader at htcdev site that was easy.

• TWRP Recovery yes done
    • su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip yes done
    • ClockworkMoD Recovery yes done

Take both the su.zip and recovery.img files and put them in your android folder /yes done
      Then, get in your command prompt from start and type cmd. dont work =(

after i couldnt get this to work i tried capt throw backs idea didnt work either i cant seem to push through with that either though...

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Azithakz View Post
    yeah i had no prob with getting it to unlock the boot loader at htcdev site that was easy.

• TWRP Recovery yes done
    • su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip yes done
    • ClockworkMoD Recovery yes done

Take both the su.zip and recovery.img files and put them in your android folder /yes done
      Then, get in your command prompt from start and type cmd. dont work =(

after i couldnt get this to work i tried capt throw backs idea didnt work either i cant seem to push through with that either though...

I posted a video it a little blurry but can see the steps.

I can not get the sdk manager to download the sdk platform tools.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Sorry Avila I just slapped myself for you. I saw where you posted you also included the files in the sdk13 dl. Ughhh

Phone
    3VO

I included the fastboot in the evo 4g tools. It is what u need to unlock your bootloader.

Phone
    evo4g/e3drom/45722

wow, this is much longer than the other hboots. I can't get it to work, ill try again tomorrow

Thread Information