Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 849
  1. #226
    Member
    Points: 1,025, Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    66



    ok so i just tried mikg 1.04 and am able to send and receive mms to and from all carriers.. now the weird thing is when i send a mms to my buddy on verizon it comes from a crazy 718 area code number.. i dunno whats up with that at all, but also when i go to make a phone call it says i am roaming and asks if i want to continue with call?? im using the same prl file ive been using so i have no idea whats going on.. any ideas??

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #227
    Member
    Points: 1,471, Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Mustang915's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    82
    Phone
    EVO 3D



    Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    Where can I get a EVO 4G on the cheap side? I'm currently using a Ascend and hate that it can't even run Angry Birds. I live in Laredo, TX also and have used a Moto Droid before with WAP and Talk, Text. GPS worked everything worked, except for MMS which didn't matter since I never send pics.
    You should try prepaidandroids.net that site help me mod my ascend to the max with cynogen 6 or 7 depends what u want. And I'm able to play angry birds and Netflix with no lag :-)


    Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

  4. #228
    Member
    Points: 1,954, Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Forbidden's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Location
    Beeville, Tx
    Posts
    115
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II



    im sorry just wanted to put in if allowed that for the modifications for the YouTube to work...the zeros...can u please make sure not to put the last . after the last zero...it wont work with that...i accidently did add it didn't work and now i took it off after watching the vid on YouTube on my computer and viola...just a heads up... :b

  5. #229
    Senior Member
    Points: 2,250, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    valentinoh's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 26
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    378
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden View Post
    im sorry just wanted to put in if allowed that for the modifications for the YouTube to work...the zeros...can u please make sure not to put the last . after the last zero...it wont work with that...i accidently did add it didn't work and now i took it off after watching the vid on YouTube on my computer and viola...just a heads up... :b
    I don't have this problem.....but are you talking about in qpst?

    Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

  6. #230
    Member
    Points: 1,954, Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Forbidden's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Location
    Beeville, Tx
    Posts
    115
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II



    Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    I don't have this problem.....but are you talking about in qpst?

    Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk
    no in the epst settings...when u modify the rtsp proxy address and the http pd proxy address to zeros...i accidently put in the last period after the last zero,so my youtube didnt work...took them off n now my youtube works...

  7. #231
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mendoza View Post
    Please refer to this link where I posted my QPST settings
    My phone is working now. I want to thank everyone that helped.

    Now... Here is something else I would like help with...

    I have a friend with a Samsung Epic flashed to Cricket that has Android 2.1. Is there a Custom ROM with Android 2.2 or higher that will work on Cricket?

    Jack

  8. #232
    Member
    Points: 1,249, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    piercedgeek's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    174
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    Quote Originally Posted by jcr916 View Post
    My phone is working now. I want to thank everyone that helped.

    Now... Here is something else I would like help with...

    I have a friend with a Samsung Epic flashed to Cricket that has Android 2.1. Is there a Custom ROM with Android 2.2 or higher that will work on Cricket?

    Jack
    Most of them should, ROMs aren't exactly carrier specific, but if you do flash another ROM, I'd suggest going through the original steps to put your phone on Cricket, just-in-case the ROM brought over some settings for Sprint. (and most of the settings will stay regardless of ROM, but check em all anyways)

    Personally I'm running MikG 1.03, there's a newer one out though:

    [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [6/20/2011] - MikG v2.00 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 - xda-developers





  9. #233
    Member
    Points: 1,280, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rockford, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Most of them should, ROMs aren't exactly carrier specific, but if you do flash another ROM, I'd suggest going through the original steps to put your phone on Cricket, just-in-case the ROM brought over some settings for Sprint. (and most of the settings will stay regardless of ROM, but check em all anyways)

    Personally I'm running MikG 1.03, there's a newer one out though:

    [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [6/20/2011] - MikG v2.00 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 - xda-developers


    Best Rom ever is MikG gotta love it gets updated and gets even better!


  10. #234
    Member
    Points: 1,263, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    twisteddreams's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Charlestown, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed



    I am currently Trying a different ROM per the discretion of a few other members. I am using MikG-sense 2.1 and still after all the same stuff not send/receive MMS.
    I see here where this step ( ROMs other than Jiminy (credit goes to timinator94from XDA)

    The mms and telephony files are attached below in the Gingerbread fix zip.

    1) Using root explorer, go to /system/app and delete mms.apk, then put the included mms.apk into /system/app then open and install it.
    2) Using root explorer delete EVERYTHING located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ then put the telephony.db file provided in that directory.
    3) Reboot
    4) Profit
    *UPDATE*
    If the above method doesn't work try the following in conjunction with the above.
    1) Flash attached cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip
    2) Install autostart from market
    3) Reboot and select yes at the su prompt at startup.
    4) If you're on the 55 dollar Android plan, reboot a few times and then eventually go into Superuser permissions and deny autostart or uninstall it as you won't need it anymore.

    But I am unsure what half this is i have the file downloaded but how do i go through and erase the things asked?

    Any help would be great I am tired of not being able to enjoy this phone to the ability it should. Thanks
    Last edited by twisteddreams; 06-24-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: To Long

  11. #235
    Junior Member
    Points: 464, Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1



    Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    ok so i just tried mikg 1.04 and am able to send and receive mms to and from all carriers.. now the weird thing is when i send a mms to my buddy on verizon it comes from a crazy 718 area code number.. i dunno whats up with that at all, but also when i go to make a phone call it says i am roaming and asks if i want to continue with call?? im using the same prl file ive been using so i have no idea whats going on.. any ideas??
    how did you get MMS working? Did you have to apply any of the GB fixes? Just importing the APN didn't seem to get mine going. However, I tried MikG 2.1, so there could be some major differences.

    ****edit***

    ok I got it going. All it took was an update to my radio so that EPST worked properly again and I could ##3282# again. I plugged in the MMS settings this way and didn't even import the APN like I used to do and everything seems to be working again.

    At this time I would like to say my Jiminy rom is now obsolete. I pretty much noticed this at the 3.70 evo release for the EVO. With that version I no longer had to use any tidbits from another rom.

    It's been an adventure using the EVO on cricket lol
    Last edited by deathsled; 06-25-2011 at 01:31 AM.

  12. #236
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    Quote Originally Posted by deathsled View Post
    how did you get MMS working? Did you have to apply any of the GB fixes? Just importing the APN didn't seem to get mine going. However, I tried MikG 2.1, so there could be some major differences.

    ****edit***

    ok I got it going. All it took was an update to my radio so that EPST worked properly again and I could ##3282# again. I plugged in the MMS settings this way and didn't even import the APN like I used to do and everything seems to be working again.

    At this time I would like to say my Jiminy rom is now obsolete. I pretty much noticed this at the 3.70 evo release for the EVO. With that version I no longer had to use any tidbits from another rom.

    It's been an adventure using the EVO on cricket lol
    Thanks for everything deathsled.

    I just modified all the instructions to delete. I prefer renaming things with .bak on the end so they can be reverted if needed.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-25-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  13. #237
    Member
    Points: 1,263, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    twisteddreams's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Charlestown, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed



    Quote Originally Posted by deathsled View Post
    how did you get MMS working? Did you have to apply any of the GB fixes? Just importing the APN didn't seem to get mine going. However, I tried MikG 2.1, so there could be some major differences.

    ****edit***

    ok I got it going. All it took was an update to my radio so that EPST worked properly again and I could ##3282# again. I plugged in the MMS settings this way and didn't even import the APN like I used to do and everything seems to be working again.

    At this time I would like to say my Jiminy rom is now obsolete. I pretty much noticed this at the 3.70 evo release for the EVO. With that version I no longer had to use any tidbits from another rom.

    It's been an adventure using the EVO on cricket lol

    Haha A adventure with the evo on cricket is an understatement lol. But Like Chris thanks!

  14. #238
    Member
    Points: 1,263, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    twisteddreams's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Charlestown, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed



    Quote Originally Posted by deathsled View Post
    how did you get MMS working? Did you have to apply any of the GB fixes? Just importing the APN didn't seem to get mine going. However, I tried MikG 2.1, so there could be some major differences.

    ****edit***

    ok I got it going. All it took was an update to my radio so that EPST worked properly again and I could ##3282# again. I plugged in the MMS settings this way and didn't even import the APN like I used to do and everything seems to be working again.

    At this time I would like to say my Jiminy rom is now obsolete. I pretty much noticed this at the 3.70 evo release for the EVO. With that version I no longer had to use any tidbits from another rom.

    It's been an adventure using the EVO on cricket lol

    deathsled- I am currently on MikG 2.1 I can not get to EPST what do you mean by updating the radio? Any help would be much appreciated

  15. #239
    Nerd
    Points: 7,882, Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Dina's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    824
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado



    Do these mms settings work for HTC desire? When I set the APNS, I get the generic network failure. Did anybody have luck with desire's mms?

  16. #240
    Junior Member
    Points: 441, Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    HTC EVO



    Hello I have a questions My EVO is flash to Cricket but its using the stock Sprint Rom .. Can I reflash it using the method explain in this thread ... or will it not work ... if it will work where do I need to start ... If there is someone in my area (Tulsa) that could help me out that would be great ..

 

 
Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Tutorial] Full Flash HTC Hero (Sprint) to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, and Internet
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Sprint HTC Hero
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 05:57 PM
  2. [Tutorial] Flash MOTOROLA DROID 2 to Cricket 2.2 Froyo, Talk, Text, MMS, Internet
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Verizon Motorola Droid 2 (a955)
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 05:42 PM
  3. [Tutorial] Flash MOTOROLA DROID X to Cricket 2.2 Froyo Talk, Text, MMS, Internet
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Verizon Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 09:25 PM
  4. Full Flash a LG Rumor to Cricket (talk, text, MMS, internet)
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Other Devices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner