Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Okay... I know this is a really noobish question. Do I HAVE TO change the ESN on my account by calling cricket or is there any way to do it myself? I also live in Laredo, like steveog, and I only got data to work.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2GM View Post
    Okay... I know this is a really noobish question. Do I HAVE TO change the ESN on my account by calling cricket or is there any way to do it myself? I also live in Laredo, like steveog, and I only got data to work.
    Supporting members can get ESN changes done on this forum

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It seems like in this tri band area, no matter what you do, you can only get one or the other.

piercedgeek is right also!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

really? there's no way I can get everything? I spent weeks looking forward to getting an EVO and finally got one...

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    It seems like in this tri band area, no matter what you do, you can only get one or the other.

piercedgeek is right also!
    Recall the thread about getting a mifi to work off your existing plan?
    IF the EVO could also piggyback data, Y2GM could get an extremely cheap phone for calls(no data) and use the EVO to access data. not as good as having just 1 phone, but better than having just an EVO with data OR talk, and all on 1 plan

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Recall the thread about getting a mifi to work off your existing plan?
    IF the EVO could also piggyback data, Y2GM could get an extremely cheap phone for calls(no data) and use the EVO to access data. not as good as having just 1 phone, but better than having just an EVO with data OR talk, and all on 1 plan
    Actually you're right. Get the Android plan, flash a MiFi or something similar with the data profile and the appropriate PRL. Flash the EVO with the talk/text and use the WiFi to connect to the hotspot device. All you have to do is get some cheap hotspot from eBay or Craigslist. Brilliant!

I'm actually going to pick up another one of these cause I travel a little and this seems like a good plan. I also want to get an Iphone and do the same!

Dman piercedgeek.... Good thinking. We should make an alternative solution for tri band users thread. This should also include that it is a possible solution for the Iphone with talk/text flash.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO

Actually you're right. Get the Android plan, flash a MiFi or something similar with the data profile and the appropriate PRL. Flash the EVO with the talk/text and use the WiFi to connect to the hotspot device. All you have to do is get some cheap hotspot from eBay or Craigslist. Brilliant!

I'm actually going to pick up another one of these cause I travel a little and this seems like a good plan. I also want to get an Iphone and do the same!

Dman piercedgeek.... Good thinking. We should make an alternative solution for tri band users thread. This should also include that it is a possible solution for the Iphone with talk/text flash.
    Actually, I was thinking use crap phone for calls, and flash the EVO the same way you'd flash a MiFi, but don't actually get a MiFi... your solution would work too though, and we know it actually DOES work, my idea on making an EVO data only on an existing plan is just a theory for now

Do I still need to add my ESN on my cricket acct to get data and text on my EVO? I only get 3G internet, Market, and youtube videos right now. I wouldn't mind having a crap phone on me for only calls, i'm more of a texter anyway. Would it all be under one plan on cricket but have 2 phones? I was also thinking of maybe getting Voip on my 3g if possible. I have never heard of MiFi... what is that? Also... can someone add my ESN to my acct if I have to? I wouldn't mind becoming a premium member.

this actually doesn't sound like a bad idea either... having talk and text and using the mobile hotspot device for wifi on the EVO. I might try this... I don't know which prl would work for only talk and text though as my ESN isn't on my acct yet.

Phone
    HTC EVO

Do I still need to add my ESN on my cricket acct to get data and text on my EVO? I only get 3G internet, Market, and youtube videos right now. I wouldn't mind having a crap phone on me for only calls, i'm more of a texter anyway. Would it all be under one plan on cricket but have 2 phones? I was also thinking of maybe getting Voip on my 3g if possible. I have never heard of MiFi... what is that? Also... can someone add my ESN to my acct if I have to? I wouldn't mind becoming a premium member.
    Well, some of the answers depend on which option you decided to take

First, a MiFi is a 3G wifi hotspot. It connects devices via wifi to wireless 3G cellular service. The EVO can do this, it's usually called wireless tethering when you use the EVO for it.
    Chrisngrod has done some tinkering and found that if you have an android plan with a phone on it, you can also configure a MiFi hotspot to share the data of the plan. Officially, per Cricket's system, they only see your phone on the plan, but the MiFi is piggybacking on it. I believe in his testing, sometimes one device would have trouble if they both tried to access at the same time. Not an issue for you though, since your EVO wouldn't be accessing Crickets 3G network directly, it would be feeding off the MiFi's wifi.

My idea was to get a 2nd phone, not a MiFi, configure the 2nd phone on your Cricket account, so it's the one that rings, and set up your EVO to work similar to how chrisngrod set up the MiFi (If it can be done, no one's tested that idea yet though)

With either of our suggestions, it would all be under 1 plan.

With his method, your EVO would be the ESN on the account, a MiFi device piggybacking on the data of the account
    With my idea, it would be the junk phone's ESN on the account, and your EVO piggybacking on data

here's a little more info on MiFis:

MiFi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Man... decision, decisions. I'll think about it today. I wanna still be able to receive and send MMS, text, talk, and have internet. Let's see what I decide to do. I currently get 3g data on both my Zio and EVO. I have all my features still on my Zio though.

Will you all be able to add my phone to my acct? If so, how much?

Phone
    HTC EVO

Man... decision, decisions. I'll think about it today. I wanna still be able to receive and send MMS, text, talk, and have internet. Let's see what I decide to do. I currently get 3g data on both my Zio and EVO. I have all my features still on my Zio though.

Will you all be able to add my phone to my acct? If so, how much?
    Oh wow, sounds like you tested my EVO theory for me, Zio is ESN on your Cricket account, but it AND EVO have internet, right? You're already set up with my idea, of using 1 phone for talk/txt and other for internet

Also, I can't do anything with the ESN, that'd be chrisngrod
    Last edited by piercedgeek; 07-13-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

I went to the cricket store and they said they couldnt open a account for my evo because i live near chicago which is a tri band area. I currently have a samsung messenger 2 with the cricket unlimited $35 plan and i was wondering that if i were to become a supporting member of the forum could u guys flash my messenger to my evo 4g

Phone
    HTC Desire

Well i followed this tutorial since it was and HTC phone, and my phone is an HTC desire cdma. I couldnt get cricket to be flashed over my phone, it just changed the number. My carrier does not seem to be under cricket. Any ideas of what I can do? Is there a cricket specific rom for the HTC desire??

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

How is the phone functioning? Have you put it on your Cricket account yet? Most of these phones don't even require a ROM. Some of them just help with things like MMS.

Also unless you change the "banner" on the Evo, it will stay Sprint. I don't know what you are using as indicators that it's not trying to connect to Cricket. Please provide more info.

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information