Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by whisper024 View Post
    I flashed my evo to cricket, voice and sms work, but i dont see the 3g icon (no internet) and green4k wont run without it. I am on the $45 plan..can anyone help?
    Turn WiFi off and run facebook or another app that requires data and 3g should pop up. That's what I have to do.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.

tried that... all i get is a pop up saying "Attention There is no network connection right now. Please try again later"

I just wanted to chime in on this thread and offer some advice to anyone having trouble.

I just signed up for the $45 plan yesterday (I went to a retailer and they let me do it even though I have an Evo 4G). I found I wasn't getting a 3G icon at all (It would pop up for 5 seconds every once in a while and go away). Turns out I didn't configure my PPP settings correctly, so I went into DIAG mode and used QPST configurator to fix that. It seemed to work right from the getgo (I used the autostart + the cricket web/mms fix zip so I'm sure that played a part). I found that sometimes I couldn't connect to Market, but I used the great Greenk45 app and it seemed to open it up.

To those of you having trouble with MMS. Here's what I did, but sometimes it will just stop working for me for whatever reason (Well it did once, but hasn't so far but I've only had service for one day). I always have Autostart enabled... (seemed it stopped working when I would turn that off). And I used APN Manager to configure my APN as follows.

APN: wap.mycricket.com
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    Port: <blank>
    Username: 5555555555@mycricket.com (replace the 5's with your phone number)
    Password: cricket
    Server: <blank>
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

(Now I think this is where a lot of people get messed up. Some guides say use
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

but that doesn't seem to work well if you have to use GreenK45/Autostart methods)
    MMS Proxy: <blank>
    MMS Port: <blank>
    MMC: 446 (Some guides say use 310 for this value, but 446 worked for me)
    MNC: 05 (Some guides say use 995 for this value, but 05 worked for me)
    APN Type: MMS

Hope this helps somebody! But I will probably just post this and my MMS will stop working LOL.

EDIT: Aww, whaddya know? Now it's not working for me. So weird how it seems to work randomly now... I had just sent two MMS messages two hours ago and it's not working now. I swear I hadn't changed anything since then either. *puzzled*

Last edited by SuperC; 09-21-2011 at 11:27 PM.

i have and evo shift that i flashed myself.. i was able to get everything working except mms... i am on the latest miui.. could that be why i cant get my mms working.. i replaced my apn with apnbackuprestore.. but still cant get it going.. any ideas??

I think I may have figured something out about the MMS issue... this may be related to the changes made by Greenk45 or autostart if you use that

I try sending an MMS message to myself, I have GreenK45 turned ON. I cannot send it at all. Nothing works...
    I disable Greenk45... boom, I can send the MMS message and receive it.
    Now one thing I notice is if I have Greenk45 OFF, I cannot connect to Market, GMail, Google+... anything that uses my Google login. But as soon as I enable it, I can connect to them... but guess what!? MMS won't work.
    I wonder if there's some way we can get Greenk45 or Autostart or whatever is letting web work on our phones to play nicely with MMS.
    Like I said, this is just my experience, but everyone else's phone seems to behave differently. I recommend you give this a try and see what happens.

OK I got it... I changed the MMSC to
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

instead of the other one I had and it works regardless of whether GreenK45 is on or not. I can't believe how well this worked and I will edit my previous post to avoid confusion... Also, I will be getting the pro version of GreenK45 since it works so well for me! Well worth the $1.99!

Supporting Member

Great tutorial and videos. I flashed my evo 4G but I didn't use gingerbread mms fix or eris, cause I couldn't flash those zip's. I did manage to get ful internet,mms,texts, by using ApnBackupRestore and APN Manager plus GreeK 45 pro works like a charm. Now I am stuck on not being able to see you tube videos over 3G only over WIFI, what did I miss?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Did you change RTSP/HTTP settings via ##3282#? If not yet, then do so please. If you are running gingerbread, RTSP/HTTP addresses should be 254.254.254.254. Ports 0. On Froyo, addresses should be 0.0.0.0. Ports 0.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by whisper024 View Post
    tried that... all i get is a pop up saying "Attention There is no network connection right now. Please try again later"
    I would definitely check the EVDO settings. It does not matter which plan you are on, as long as the EVDO settings are correct, 3G would show up. So try checking every single setting in QPST.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    Htc Evo 4G

Flashed my evo 4g a while back but now at times for some reason when someone tries to call it sends them straight to the voicemail and my phone is on them i try to place a call and i get connot complete call at this time please try again later any ideas as to why its doing this?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by cLePtO View Post
    Flashed my evo 4g a while back but now at times for some reason when someone tries to call it sends them straight to the voicemail and my phone is on them i try to place a call and i get connot complete call at this time please try again later any ideas as to why its doing this?
    You have not changed anything recently?

Did you restart the device? Knewsom was having this problem yesterday and a reboot fixed it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Htc Evo 4G

Nope haven't change anything at all. Yes i restarted it and it worked again but woke up this morning and samething happened with this it'll be the 4th time its done that, i get text, 3g np but when someone calls sends them straight to voicemail

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

My gf having the same problem daily.... I believe the prl is the problem....change for one that works for you

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by stevog View Post
    i tried that one but now i dont even get service at all
    Loredo is AWS. Get the Hybrid prl and make sure SID is correct.

Phone
    HTC Evo Shift

doess MMS only works with go sms on gingerbread rom?

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information