Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    You know I just realized the same think. The apn back up and restore solution using the Cricket.xml works for me but only on aosp roms. I also have success flashing the cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip‎ after I change the apn settings. I can't get it to work on the MikG, Mik3D, or new RcMix3d Runny Sense 3.5 roms. I have tried everything with no luck. I don't know what I am doing worng. The only other thing I have done is upgrade to baseband 2.15.00.0808 I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Everything use works great except mms. Since I don't use it all the time its not a deal breaker for me but i would like to solve the issue.
    I would say to try to add on stock messaging app this. Go to setting on the atock app, under mms setting, and on mms proxy: place this wap.mycricket.com. it help me on my 3vo with the trinity roms.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by stayc View Post
    hello i need some help here . i have rooted my evo 4g . so when i install a custom rom i lose my messaging . what can i do to avoid this every time i want to install a custom rom ?
    Did u lose mms or text. Was the app not there u install the new ROM. Have u try gosmspro app to get u text and mms. Some ROM change ur setting around when u install.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Ok cool. How do I add the stock app? Is there an .apk file or something? I notice some roms it works and others it doesn't. Right now I am on the RcMix3d Runny Sense 3.5.

Phone
    3VO

U can always grab it from stock ROM under system/data/app or look around until u find it.

Yeah no luck I tried reflashing a stock rom and it does work. I am trying to get the mms to work on the vins RcMix3d Runny Sense 3.5 which is a european port rom from a GSM phone. I am sure others are on the rom or at least tried it. They have a fix to get the mms working on Sprint, but I do not have enough posts to reply and request a fix for Cricket on XDA. The rom is nice though and I would like to solve the issue. Any ideas? I am on HW0004, PRI 2.15_003, baseband 2.15.00.0808 build 4.53.651.1. I know the users on this forum can crack it!!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan:36504
    Yeah no luck I tried reflashing a stock rom and it does work. I am trying to get the mms to work on the vins RcMix3d Runny Sense 3.5 which is a european port rom from a GSM phone. I am sure others are on the rom or at least tried it. They have a fix to get the mms working on Sprint, but I do not have enough posts to reply and request a fix for Cricket on XDA. The rom is nice though and I would like to solve the issue. Any ideas? I am on HW0004, PRI 2.15_003, baseband 2.15.00.0808 build 4.53.651.1. I know the users on this forum can crack it!!
    When I tryed out RcMix3d rom this is what I did to get my mms working. Well this is what I usually do and hasn't failed on me no matter what rom I'm using. Hopefully it works for u...

Apps I use:
    Anycut
    Apn backup and restore
    Root explore
    Rom manager

Files:
    Telephony.db
    Mms.apk

root explore:
    (Make sure to give root permission and r/w permission)

replace the telephony.db in
    data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases

in system/app replace the mms.apk

apn backup and restore:
    delete apns and restore them with the cricket.xml

With anycut make shortcuts for apns & proxy settings

Apns settings:
    If there are no apns just create a new apn.

Name: cricket
    Apns: wap.mycricket.com
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080
    Username: your#@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    server: <notset>
    Mmsc: http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    Mms proxy: <notset>
    Mms port: <notset>
    Mcc: 310
    Mnc: 016
    Authentication type: pap or chap
    Apn type: *

Don't forget to hit menu and save, then select it after.

Proxy settings:
    Host name: wap.mycricket.com
    .Hit save.

Rom manager :

Hit fix permissions. Then it.ll tell you its done and to reboot. Just reboot and mms should work!!!
    Last edited by gordies.swc; 12-15-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gordies.swc View Post
    When I tryed out RcMix3d rom this is what I did to get my mms working. Well this is what I usually do and hasn't failed on me no matter what rom I'm using. Hopefully it works for u...

Apps I use:
    Anycut
    Apn backup and restore
    Root explore
    Rom manager

Files:
    Telephony.db
    Mms.apk

root explore:

apn backup and restore:

Apns settings:

Mmsc:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Proxy settings:
    .Hit save.

Rom manager :

Hit fix permissions. Then it.ll tell you its done and to reboot. Just reboot and mms should work!!!
    Awesome that's what I was looking for. I tried the replacing the telephony.db file and replacing the mms.apk the doing the apn backup and restore. I got the incoming mms working but I was missing the outgoing. I am just not sure about the anycut. When creating a shortcut what values do I use for "Action", "Data", and "Type"? I could find instructions or help menu for it? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question. I just have never used it.

I am going to give it a shot tonight and see if it works for me. I will let you know either way. Thanks.

Last edited by kr8zeivan; 12-15-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Clarify reply

Apps I use:
    Anycut
    Apn backup and restore
    Root explore
    Rom manager

Files:
    Telephony.db
    Mms.apk

root explore:

apn backup and restore:

Apns settings:

Mmsc:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Proxy settings:
    .Hit save.

Rom manager :

Alright I tried it and hit this snag. When using Any Cut I create a new shortcut, then select Activity, then I select APNs, click "ok" hit home button, select shortcut from home screen and Sprint APN is listed. I select it, then change the values as outlined in your instructions. I press menu, then "save" when I complete this step the screen goes blank. Now the Sprint APN is no longer there??? So I try a different way, instead of selecting the Sprint APN I press menu, then "New APN" and fill in the fields with the information outlined in your instructions. I press menu, "save" and again it comes up blank but Sprint remains. I do not have anything to select. If I select "restore defaults" it loads Sprint APNs. I tried emailing the developer of Any Cut but its a bogus email. Seems there are no updates to software and no support. I do want to add that it does work for the second step of creating a shortcut for proxy settings. It does stick and save the "hostname" and "port". Its only the first step that fails. I wiped my phone clean, tried it on Energy Rom, RcMix3d, and Prime XL with no luck. Mind you everything else works, talk, text, sms, web, gps, you tube, everything its just the mms. I technically could live without but I was hoping to overcome that last hurdle.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

That's odd. After you do apn backup & restore, Instead of using anycut Try using voice dialer and just say apns. Leave the sprint apns &create a new. Then try and select it.

That's odd. After you do apn backup & restore, Instead of using anycut Try using voice dialer and just say apns. Leave the sprint apns &create a new. Then try and select it.
    Ok when you say "just say apns" what is supposed to come up? will it launch any cut? Will it launch something else like the native apn settings in Android? I am at the library now but I will try it when I get home. How do I select it after? When I used any cut it would open settings right away and show values. I did not see a way to select it, like a check mark, or anything like that. Thanks. This is more info than I have found anywhere so I feel like I am on the right track.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

After you say apns you should get 2 options "open apn backup and restore" and "open apns" hit open apns. Then hit new apn and enter the settings i previously posted.

After saving the cricket apn select it when it returns to the list of apns you have. There is no check mark but a small round color dot

Using anycut you get values?

Anycut:
    -new shortcut
    -choose activity
    -choose apns
    - hit OK on edit shortcut window

That's all that should be done when making a shortcut with anycut.

After you say apns you should get 2 options "open apn backup and restore" and "open apns" hit open apns. Then hit new apn and enter the settings i previously posted.

After saving the cricket apn select it when it returns to the list of apns you have. There is no check mark but a small round color dot

Using anycut you get values?

Anycut:
    -new shortcut
    -choose activity
    -choose apns
    - hit OK on edit shortcut window

That's all that should be done when making a shortcut with anycut.
    Sorry not values but the settings come up. I just got home and tried it. What I get from voice dialer is "open apns" I do not get the second option to "backup and restore". When I select it I get a FC (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. So I am going to reflash rom and start from scratch. Thanks for responding though this is seriously the best lead I have gotten to solve this for good. BTW what rom are you running?

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

No problem. Glad I could be of some help.
    I use miui and primeXL.

I use miui and primeXL.
    Well I wiped everything clean and started with RcMix3d and used voice dialer and I had the same issue. The new created Cricket APNs will not show up. It says "saved" when I press menu and "save" but nothing is there to select. I wiped again and tried Energyrom and same result. BTW when I replace mms.apk I install and replace app, then when I replace telephony.db I change original to telephony.db.bak and do nothing to the other file. So I pretended the APNs for Cricket were there and continued proxy settings, then fixing permissions with rom manager and rebooted. Then I got 4 FC when it rebooted, 1. UIDs on the system are inconsistent, Facebook (process com.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly, TitaniumBackup (process com.kermidas.TitaniumBackup) has stopped unexpectedly, and Gingerbread keyboard (process com.moo.android.imputmethod.latin.free) has stopped unexpectedly!!! :/ Don't know what the deal is...I followed the instructions to the letter. I checked and double checked. So I am moving on to PrimeXL again, then I will try MikG, and Mik3d. I need to eliminate the possibility that its the roms based on Base-Runnymede 1.05.401.4 Release keys. I will keep trying. If you have any other ideas. I don't know if this matters but I am on HW004, gingerbread release (4.54.651.1), baseband 2.15.00.08.08.
    Last edited by kr8zeivan; 12-15-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Finish posting hit reply too soon

I use miui and primeXL.
    Ok I have pinpointed the problem. It seems the APNs won't save if I change the mcc/mnc to any value other than default. I went line by line and changed one at a time. Then I pressed menu, then "save" and it appeared just like you said, but when I got to mnc and I changed it to 016 that's when it did not save and disappeared from the list. I am back on MikG but I am assuming the result will be the same on any rom. I can receive mms, but I just can't send them. Seems Sprint locks in somewhere else. A friend said he heard they do it in framework.jar but I don't know how to manipulate file. I found that a lot of others are running into this and found some interesting info on XDA at this link, post #3:
    APN settings won't save on 2.1 Telus Milestone, help please - xda-developers

but I do not have enough posts under my belt to ask on that forum.

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information