Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Just a note to all those who are new to flashing:

Read, read, read and read all the instructions carefully and go through it step by step.

When you learn how to flash phones there is a huge learning curve involved from using QPST, downloading apps, connecting the phone, finding out the MSL code, programming, etc.

When you do post, it would help to tell us what steps you did take thus far (so we know how far along in the flashing you are), what market you live in, and your techie expert "level."

Something as simple as saving the .xml file via a "Save As" option versus a "Save" option can stall a flash and leave you scratching your head.

I think if you can learn as much as you can about what you're doing and explain to us in detail what you are trying to do and what you were doing when you experienced the issue (if this applies)...then I think half of the issues might be fixed/avoided.
    Last edited by erjrsatx; 04-27-2011 at 11:20 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think I need to actually tear apart the APNs and see if I can make sense of it all.. More to follow tomorrow.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

i opened the prls and combined many but no luck i havent found two or one that will let me have all features

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by stevog View Post
    now talk and text works but no data
    So no Mobile Web but talk and text do work, correct?

Which "method" of enabling Mobile Web have you tried already? The one in this thread or a different one? I used the "Any Cut" method which was super easy. Have you tried it?

First download the app, "Any Cut," from the Market on your phone via Wifi.

Then make sure your phone’s “Home Screen” has an available app spot (where an app is placed on your home screen – kind of like a shortcut). If no spot is available, “remove” one of those app shortcuts from your homescreen. Once a spot is available, proceed to the next step.

On your phone go to your apps section. Open Any Cut. Click “Activity.” Then scroll all the way down to “Proxy Settings.” Select it. Select, “Ok” to create a new shortcut on you homescreen. On your phone, Press your home button then click Proxy settings on your homescreen (the app shortcut on your homescreen should be there now).

Here are the settings for both of the fields below which you will enter:

Hostname: Wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080

Then click “Save.” That’s it. Web should now be working.
    Last edited by erjrsatx; 04-27-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

That was a good reply. In my experience you have to try everything possible. What plan are you on? Have I looked at your account? 45 or 55?

Try the Anycut method. In my experience you can delete this shortcut. It just gives you a shortcut to where the settings are.

His biggest problem erjrsatx is that he's in Laredo which is a tri band area.

When you do get talk and text what is the error that it gives you with the Internet? Does it just not go to pages, does it give you the 3g icon, does it send you to Cricket's mobile web subscription page?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    That was a good reply. In my experience you have to try everything possible. What plan are you on? Have I looked at your account? 45 or 55?

Try the Anycut method. In my experience you can delete this shortcut. It just gives you a shortcut to where the settings are.

His biggest problem erjrsatx is that he's in Laredo which is a tri band area.

When you do get talk and text what is the error that it gives you with the Internet? Does it just not go to pages, does it give you the 3g icon, does it send you to Cricket's mobile web subscription page?
    when i have talk and text it just says network error on youtube market and on the internet it says page not available i am on the old 25 dollar plan with the 5 dollar wap and i think it is the triband that is throwing the phone off even though flashed phones should work in laredo since cricket bought pocket i have used the anycut and also the u2nl and with some prls the features are different i think if something would be changed in the prls it could work but i opened them up in rl editor and they mostly looked the same

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

when i have talk and text it just says network error on youtube market and on the internet it says page not available i am on the old 25 dollar plan with the 5 dollar wap and i think it is the triband that is throwing the phone off even though flashed phones should work in laredo since cricket bought pocket i have used the anycut and also the u2nl and with some prls the features are different i think if something would be changed in the prls it could work but i opened them up in rl editor and they mostly looked the same
    I'm on Cricket's $35 plan. I was grandfathered into it a year ago or so. I have unlimited, talk, text, web, and unlimited 411 for just $35 a month.

You shouldn't have to "upgrade" for basic Web browsing to work. With, "Youtube," I can't speak for that and with the "Marketplace" I can't access it. I'm not sure if this is because I would need the "minimum" Android Plan on Cricket for it work (I suspect this is why). But I'm sure there are some "workarounds" on this but Market is not something I really need.

My Bank of America app works. My Facebook app doesn't work (I can access it via Mobile Web so it's no biggie). I'm sure there has to be a way around this but I'm not too concerned about it.

I know absolutely nothing about "Tri-band" so I can't really help you there. You probably need a specific PRL file for your phone.
    Last edited by erjrsatx; 04-27-2011 at 11:32 PM.

give that hybrid 42900 prl a shot it got youtube market and web working on mine with the cheapest plan so i think it will work good for you and i also think its a certain prl but i have to keep trying stuff out

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

give that hybrid 42900 prl a shot it got youtube market and web working on mine with the cheapest plan so i think it will work good for you and i also think its a certain prl but i have to keep trying stuff out
    Cool I might go ahead and try that soon then! I don't have my XP laptop with me. I'm on Windows 7 so as soon as I can get to my Dad's apartment, I'll give it a shot.

im on windows 7 to and it works good

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

im on windows 7 to and it works good
    I couldn't get QPST to recognize my phone on Windows 7 even after installing everything correctly. It became a headache. I just decided to use my XP laptop and just installed everything on there.

I'm on a 64 bit system on Windows 7 and I think it caused issues in QPST. I think it has to be a 32 bit system. In any case, I'm going to stick with XP since I have everything on that other laptop.

true 64 bit uses different drivers and stuff im on 32 bit and it works good have you tried changing the compatibility to run in xp sp3

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

true 64 bit uses different drivers and stuff im on 32 bit and it works good have you tried changing the compatibility to run in xp sp3
    I might try that now. Let me see what happens.

anyone have any more prl or something i can try

marcopolo85

anyone have any more prl or something i can try
    have you tried this website yet Corolada PRL Page

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information