Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Mcc & Mnc don't need to be edited. The values 310 & 016 should already be there.
    Try a new apn and only edit the following with the instructions in my previous post.

Name
    Apn
    Proxy
    Port
    Username
    Password
    MMSC
    authentication type

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Oh see then there's the problem mine shows mcc 310 mnc 120 so what now? It does not default to 016. Is this something I could change in cdma?

two questions first if i get miui installed after all the cricket porting is done and i reinstall the .apks and .zips and all the configurations through the ##3243# will miui run??
    second question if i want to port back to my sprint with this evo 4g do you have to do it in cdma workshop? If yes Where can i find a guide to get back to sprint?

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

After u have installed the stock ROM. U can dial this ##scrtn# and will give u a hard reset to the original settings. Also it will reset ur msl. It will ask for ur msl and next enter menu on ur phone. Select reset and enjoy. Hope it help.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lilgizmo View Post
    two questions first if i get miui installed after all the cricket porting is done and i reinstall the .apks and .zips and all the configurations through the ##3243# will miui run??
    second question if i want to port back to my sprint with this evo 4g do you have to do it in cdma workshop? If yes Where can i find a guide to get back to sprint?
    To answer your 2nd question: I did this for a friend who had to return to Sprint for warranty purposes. They had flashed a ton of roms on Cricket and phone was starting to act a little funny so I flashed them back to a stock rom, then ran an ruu : RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.54.651.1_Radio_2.15 .00.0808_NV_2.15_release_220182_signed. If you run the ruu it will truly return phone to factory state and remove root. This will not remove s-off. If you need s-on (for warranty) you have to take an additional step and will only need it if you need to repair phone with Sprint. If you just need to connect but want to start on a real clean slate its the way I did it. They got their phone repaired and it was as if they never flashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gordies.swc View Post
    Mcc & Mnc don't need to be edited. The values 310 & 016 should already be there.
    Try a new apn and only edit the following with the instructions in my previous post.

Name
    Apn
    Proxy
    Port
    Username
    Password
    MMSC
    authentication type
    I have also read that APN information on android devices is also stored /system/etc/apns-conf.xml do you think I should replace this file as well with the cricket.xml but just rename the file apns-conf.xml to match the og file and delete the original or make it apns-conf.xml.bak??? Remember I am now getting mms just not able to send. I am suprised that more people have not run into the apns disappearing when the mcc/mcn needs to be changed for Cricket. Mine defaults to mcc 310 mnc 120.

Ok, so I'm definitely not a tech guy, but I follow directions well. I have rooted the phone and installed MikG v.2.61, I have been trying to run CDMA, but I cant find the port. This might be a dumb question, but do laptops have ports? I just realized that this requires a "PC". So what are my options? Thanks...

Phone
    3VO

A laptop works fine. Make sure u dial ##3282# and usb debugging is on. Install all the driver

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Yes laptop is fine. All you need is to have a USB plug and cable. The port in the tutorial makes reference to the virtual port found under start, control panel, system, hardware, then device manager. When device manager is up you can see what serial port your device is connected to. Then you match the port in CDMA so you can program your phone properly and write your settings to it. You will need to make sure you have the HTC Diag driver installed on your laptop for it to recognize your device when you dial ##3282# and are in diagnostic mode.

thanks for the reply guys.... when i dial ##3282# a screen with EPST comes up, view mode or edit mode...

Oh sorry I meant ##3424# for diagnostic mode

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by mdezy View Post
    thanks for the reply guys.... when i dial ##3282# a screen with EPST comes up, view mode or edit mode...
    Edit mode so can change the settings. When it prompt you for the password it should 6 zero and that is if you change it thru the CDMA WS.

finally got it.... QPST next. At what point do I need to go to Cricket? This phone is not active and I want to port my same number from a different phone Im using now.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by mdezy View Post
    finally got it.... QPST next. At what point do I need to go to Cricket? This phone is not active and I want to port my same number from a different phone Im using now.
    You can pay cricket to have done once or become a supporting member and have 2 month for a 1 year. Cricket charges $15 and Cricketusers Charge $12.99. Once your phone has been ported you should have talk, text, and web working. Use the apn backup & restore to get mms to work. Make sure you put your # on the xml. file and your done.

I am wondering how do i flash without using cdma workshop. My windows computer doesnt allow me to use it for some reason. I tried msl reader and have had no success. Help?

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information