Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by ajaycasares View Post
    I am wondering how do i flash without using cdma workshop. My windows computer doesnt allow me to use it for some reason. I tried msl reader and have had no success. Help?
    If your antivirus software won't let you open. This what you going to have to do. I have the avg 2012 free, so do this go to tools/advance settings/down to allowed list/add cdma ws where ever it may be. It should be on a .zip, so unzip it and then add it. It going to give you problems forever but it will work. Good luck and hope it helps

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Hey guys I still have been unable to get mms fully working. I have searched all over the net, xda, ppc, android central, good and evo, and here of course. I cannot find the solution that solves the problem of not being able to create a new apn and save it when I change the mnc to 016 from 120. I find information of others having this issue but no solution. The mms tutorial here that cover replacing telephony.db and mms.apk, and using apn back up and restore to use the cricket.xml works to get my incoming mms working but not outgoing and here were I run into the problem. These are the settings I am using:

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    Port 8080
    Username myphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 016
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type <Not set>

Then I click the menu button and click Save.

This is how my apn should look. The mcc and mnc are locked into Sprint defaults mcc 310 mnc 120. Everything sticks fine until I try to change the mnc from 120 to 016. If I leave it at 120 the apn sticks and stays after I save it, however, if I change it to 016 and save it for some reason it vanishes :/ ???????

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Hey guys I still have been unable to get mms fully working. I have searched all over the net, xda, ppc, android central, good and evo, and here of course. I cannot find the solution that solves the problem of not being able to create a new apn and save it when I change the mnc to 016 from 120. I find information of others having this issue but no solution. The mms tutorial here that cover replacing telephony.db and mms.apk, and using apn back up and restore to use the cricket.xml works to get my incoming mms working but not outgoing and here were I run into the problem. These are the settings I am using:

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    Port 8080
    Username myphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC

MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 016
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type <Not set>

Then I click the menu button and click Save.

This is how my apn should look. The mcc and mnc are locked into Sprint defaults mcc 310 mnc 120. Everything sticks fine until I try to change the mnc from 120 to 016. If I leave it at 120 the apn sticks and stays after I save it, however, if I change it to 016 and save it for some reason it vanishes :/ ???????

Have you tried editing your build prop with those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    Have you tried editing your build prop with those numbers?
    No how do I do that? Is there a thread I could go to?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Yeah...i'm sure there is just google "editing build.prop"

It's way easy if you have abd installed properly.

But yeah google it

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    Yeah...i'm sure there is just google "editing build.prop"

It's way easy if you have abd installed properly.

But yeah google it
    Coo. Yeah I have ADB installed. I am going to try that thanks.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Coo. Yeah I have ADB installed. I am going to try that thanks.
    No problem...let me know if that works....I got my gf evo working like that...

Well I did a few things lol
    But it works

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

name - Cricket
    APN-internet
    Proxy-
    wap.mycricket.com

or blank
    Port-8080 or blank
    Username-myphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password-cricket
    Server-
    wap.mycricket.com

MMSC

MMS Proxy-
    wap.mycricket.com

and this should always be blank
    MMS Port-8080
    MCC 310
    MNC-016 and this one should stay in original settings
    Authentication Type-PAP or CHAP
    APN type-<Not set> or mms

It also included a xml. file that i always use for the evo. Make sure you change the username with your #.
    Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...#ixzz1h0upXmAS

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    name - Cricket
    APN-internet
    Proxy-
    wap.mycricket.com

or blank
    Port-8080 or blank
    Username-myphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password-cricket
    Server-
    wap.mycricket.com

MMSC

MMS Proxy-
    wap.mycricket.com

and this should always be blank
    MMS Port-8080
    MCC 310
    MNC-016 and this one should stay in original settings
    Authentication Type-PAP or CHAP
    APN type-<Not set> or mms

It also included a xml. file that i always use for the evo. Make sure you change the username with your #.
    Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...#ixzz1h0upXmAS
    Ok guys getting closer. The edit build.prop worked I used ESexplorer to change mnc to 016 and it saved. I was then able to open apn with voice dialer and change settings. Now I lost mms altogether now it will not receive or send. Im starting to think its the rom I am on MikG! Frustrating!!

Last edited by kr8zeivan; 12-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Overall activity: 3.0%

bought a evo flashed to cricket but cant remove there google account what do i do? it told me to factory reset or hard reset one of those.
    if i do that will it remove the flash?

ps i already added my google account

Wow this thread has been active since April. I am a noob to this and I can't believe all the fun I've been missing. Anyway I think I have managed to get most stuff in, and I'll post my deets if you need them but I'm hoping this is something simple.
    When I try to access the internet I keep getting redirected to a sprint page that tells me I have a problem with my service. I'm wondering about the DSA Server URL which is now
    https://dsa/spcdns.net:443/dsa

I have installed the last Evo 4G.xml that was posted. I am using the Jiminy rom and I am getting calls and text with my active Cricket $45 paygo account. Any more thoughts?

Last edited by Iansane; 12-20-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: More deets

Quote Originally Posted by andrew01 View Post
    bought a evo flashed to cricket but cant remove there google account what do i do? it told me to factory reset or hard reset one of those.
    if i do that will it remove the flash?

ps i already added my google account
    My understanding is if you perform a hard reset from the phone it will wipe the flash. If its done from a custom recovery it will not. If you do it though its easy to reflash and set it up. Just follow the tutorial in the op.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iansane View Post
    Wow this thread has been active since April. I am a noob to this and I can't believe all the fun I've been missing. Anyway I think I have managed to get most stuff in, and I'll post my deets if you need them but I'm hoping this is something simple.
    When I try to access the internet I keep getting redirected to a sprint page that tells me I have a problem with my service. I'm wondering about the DSA Server URL which is now
    https://dsa/spcdns.net:443/dsa

I have installed the last Evo 4G.xml that was posted. Using the Jiminy rom. Any more thoughts?
    Try and reset your browser settings to
    Google

and see if you can bypass the Sprint id. Sprint routes all the web traffic through there. If your still having trouble double check your QPST settings check out the screen shots to make sure you got it right: http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...#axzz1h62UBhCn if your on the $55 plan your web should work out of the gate once your phone is programmed. That has been my experience. I have never used Jiminy so I can't say about the rom, but I have been on MikG, Mik3D, PrimeXL, Radiance, Energy, EvoDeck, and others and I can flash roms at will with everything except mms working. The mms has been hit and miss depending on the rom. Hope this helps.

You're too fast. Sorry I edited the post on you. I am on the $45 plan. I'm not sure how to reset browser settings, but when I launch the google app the browser attempts to connect google, then redirects to deviceselfservice.sprint.com. When I launch the internet app I get directed to the sprint page informing me of an account problem. Other apps, like nav, just don't do anything. Odd thing is the same thing happens even connected to wifi, which I would think should work no matter what. Something in this damned phone is still thinking Sprint.
    I rechecked and double checked QPST and it all looks good.
    I am showing the 4G logo also.
    Just wanted to say while learning all this I did load the MikG rom, which I really liked, but the OP said Jiminy was optimized for Cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Iansane View Post
    You're too fast. Sorry I edited the post on you. I am on the $45 plan. I'm not sure how to reset browser settings, but when I launch the google app the browser attempts to connect google, then redirects to deviceselfservice.sprint.com. When I launch the internet app I get directed to the sprint page informing me of an account problem. Other apps, like nav, just don't do anything. Odd thing is the same thing happens even connected to wifi, which I would think should work no matter what. Something in this damned phone is still thinking Sprint.
    I rechecked and double checked QPST and it all looks good.
    I am showing the 4G logo also.
    Just wanted to say while learning all this I did load the MikG rom, which I really liked, but the OP said Jiminy was optimized for Cricket.
    In that case you will have to get your proxies set up right. You need to follow this tutorial: http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...#axzz1h6Hl9ubq I never mess with that plan the $55 is just a no brainer and has always been easier for me. Do you have talk and text now? Getting Cricket when you dial 611? Jiminy is a Cricket rom, but its froyo and has not been updated in a while. There are so many new roms out there that I could live without the mms since the other rom features just outweigh it for me. They just keep developing more for the Evo4g keeping the phone relevant.
    Last edited by kr8zeivan; 12-20-2011 at 12:27 PM.

I did try the Greenk45 and I get Error: is the 3g logo visible? So I used the 'oldschool' method in this thread and installed autostart and such. I do get talk and text, and Cricket when I dial 611. I'm glad to know that about the roms, I'm going back to MikG. This hasn't been the easiest thread to follow. Links get outdated, software changes and becomes incompatible (needed previous Clockworkmod, for example), Android SDK changed folders. QPST was infected, on top of learning new terminology. I'm not complaining, but I'm just wondering if I should start from scratch and keep better track on what I've done, or maybe I'll take your advice and just go $55. Seriously this has been a lot of fun. I just hate to give up when it feels so close.

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information