Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

hello i am stuck here at the part where i use workshop or msl reader to get msl number... cdma comes back as phones not answering and i can not figure out how to get msl reader on my phone. any help would be appreciated! also i can not get ADP updated through device manager keeps sayin files not found? this is my first time tryin to flash a phone and i have searched for answers for the past 4 days with no luck.

Thanks in advance...

2. Remove this advertisement.

Well I just went from close to light years away. My ignorance I know, but I just put MikG back on and superuser, swype, and google search, and market stopped unexpectedly and had to force close, as do many apps when launched. I don't suppose there is a way to load a working image so that everything would be done except QPST? Or... maybe just wipe the whole machine and reload everything, even the OS. At least then I'd know for sure all the Sprint crap was gone. What say you?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by blitz1977 View Post
    hello i am stuck here at the part where i use workshop or msl reader to get msl number... cdma comes back as phones not answering and i can not figure out how to get msl reader on my phone. any help would be appreciated! also i can not get ADP updated through device manager keeps sayin files not found? this is my first time tryin to flash a phone and i have searched for answers for the past 4 days with no luck.

Thanks in advance...
    If you are using MSL reader, you do not need CDMA workshop. For MSL you need to be rooted.
    If you are using CDMA, make sure you first put the phone in DIAG mode ##3424#. Get correct drivers. Install. In CDMA find the port your diag is connected to. Click connect. Then read. Go to security tab and click on read for SPC.
    If you cannot figure any of those out, buy the msl on ebay.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Iansane View Post
    Well I just went from close to light years away. My ignorance I know, but I just put MikG back on and superuser, swype, and google search, and market stopped unexpectedly and had to force close, as do many apps when launched. I don't suppose there is a way to load a working image so that everything would be done except QPST? Or... maybe just wipe the whole machine and reload everything, even the OS. At least then I'd know for sure all the Sprint crap was gone. What say you?
    The way I have done it is I always flash my phone to Cricket with the stock Sprint rom on it. I get the QPST programming out of the way first. Then I can flash any rom I want and have all but mms working properly every time. I set up the custom roms last. Flashing from one rom to another will not affect your programming. I would say reset phone. Root with revolutionary method
    Revolutionary

then install the CWM that comes with revolutionary. Once root is achieved, program phone with QPST. Then when you have internet set up, download rom manager and flash over to AmonRa recovery (in my opinion its the best). Whenever I flash a rom I do a thorough wipe of cache, dalvik, data, sdcard: android secure, boot, system, sd-ext (not sdcard!). Then I do a factory reset wipe, then I flash rom zip. CWM has given me similar problems because it does not wipe properly and all kinds of weird stuff starts to happen. This works for me every time without fail. Again I am on the $55 plan and I works like a charm. Hope this helps. Might want to check out this tutorials:
    [GUIDE] - [TUTORIAL] - Guides & Tutorials for (MikFroYo) MikROMs

and
    [Guide] Compendium EVO 4G & Mikg ROM - Must Read!

!

Last edited by kr8zeivan; 12-20-2011 at 07:28 PM.

eliment

I agree completely with what Kr8zeivan.. Amon Ra is a way better recovery then Clockwork Mod .. also one of the things about Sense based roms is that they have EPST built in.. i.e being able to use the ##3242#, ##Debug# and ##3282# as well as others (i know most other roms don't have these).. sometimes you may have to change settings in EPST or even QPST but not being able to access Diag mode on your phone you won't be able to connect to QPST or even CDMA Workshop.. So it would be best to flash with a stock or sense based rom then and make sure all your settings are good then switch roms afterwards and doing a full wipe with Amon Ra before using a new rom.

Thanks Kr8zeivan and eliment. This is solid help. Some of this is actually starting to make "Sense" to me. Anyway I followed
    this tutorial

on XDA and actually got it back better than before and with the MikG rom. So I have saved those QPST settings. I'm not getting redirects anymore, but no data either. So I am going to follow your guidelines (I like the idea of a ROM manager too0 but I am concerned that the last time I installed unrevoked I could not use that version of CWM to install Jiminy and had to revert to an earlier version of CWM. I'm guessing that won't be a problem this time when I install the factory rom I found
    here

. Man I'm starting to sound like I know something LOL. I think I'm going to go burn one and call it a day. I will keep a step by step account for my next post. OH... I thought I read somewhere that this won't work on Cricket paygo. I don't see why that would matter but then I am a noob. Thanks again. Peace....

eliment

MikG 2.61 is actually the rom I use and its sense based so you wont have to go back to a stock rom to be able to use the ## codes ... if you use the steps in this post Can we flash over the old ROM? with Amon Ra you shouldnt have any problems with MikG after you flash it..

Ok soo somone flashed my phone to cricket and i got it back still with the sprint boot up and all the sprint crap on my phone AND no internet! so i tried this flash all the way up to the point where i need to get my MSL and i cannot get my ADB to update!! I know i have the right files cause i checked over and over again... my calls are workin and my SMS is workin i do believe my MMS is workin. Soo my question is do i need my MSL to do anything to get data to work?

Im sorry in advance cause i can imagine this question has been asked a million times over....
    Last edited by blitz1977; 12-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Ok soo somone flashed my phone to cricket and i got it back still with the sprint boot up and all the sprint crap on my phone AND no internet! so i tried this flash all the way up to the point where i need to get my MSL and i cannot get my ADB to update!! I know i have the right files cause i checked over and over again... my calls are workin and my SMS is workin i do believe my MMS is workin. Soo my question is do i need my MSL to do anything to get data to work?

Im sorry in advance cause i can imagine this question has been asked a million times over....
    You also get msl reader.apk from a PC/laptop and transfer it to your phones SD card. Then use a file manager to launch and install it then you can get your msl. This may also help:
    How do I install the ADB Driver

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

They would have to do a lot of unnecessary things to change the boot up animation and all that "Sprint crap". Most flashers are not going to do extra work for free. Anyways there's a program called msl reader in the market. If you have root it'll give you your MSL. Most flashers will set it to 000000 after they get into the phone so that in the future they don't have to mess with it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Okay guys mms is still broken for me. I am on MikG v3.0 and these are the steps I have taken. I first edited build.prop to 310016. I then replaced the mms.apk in system/app, then I replaced the telephony.db in data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases. Rebooted. Then I installed Apn Backup and Restore, I deleted APNs then restored with the Cricket.xml file that I updated with my number. Then I used voice dialer to open APNs, I pressed menu selected Create APN updated all fields with:
    Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    Port 8080
    Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 016
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type <Not set>

I pressed menu and save. Then I selected the Cricket APNs. My mms will not receive or send. I receive the mms test and it says downloading but never does. When I attempt to send my mms FCs!! I am determined to solve this problem. Has anyone else been able to solve this?

thx guys i got past that point with the help of you guys......

No im at the OLD SCHOOL METHOD of gettin data on the 45 plan... but prompt keeps sayin the path is wrong or somthin along those lines but the files that it says to be there are there.. any ideas??? thx

Quote Originally Posted by eliment View Post
    MikG 2.61 is actually the rom I use and its sense based so you wont have to go back to a stock rom to be able to use the ## codes ... if you use the steps in this post
    Can we flash over the old ROM?

with Amon Ra you shouldnt have any problems with MikG after you flash it..
    Well guys I told you I'd keep track but it became impossible. I did the whole restore thing with no difference. But when I loaded the RA then did all the wipes twice then loaded MikG, reloaded the QPST settings I saved, did the apn.... well it's working. YEAH!! Thanks guys. It's piss poor slow, like dial up looks fast, but I've read a lot of tweeks for that so I won't bug you with that... at least not yet . Thanks again.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by andrew01 View Post
    bought a evo flashed to cricket but cant remove there google account what do i do? it told me to factory reset or hard reset one of those.
    if i do that will it remove the flash?

ps i already added my google account
    We actually have a movie on Youtube about how to remove the main account if you have root. You must be very careful though and not reset the phone without renaming the files back to the stock ones.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Hi again. Now I'm set up with RA Supersonic 2.3, MicG 3.0, stock HTC kernel, and PRL 35568. I can browse web pages but can't do things like market, YouTube, or download Tapatalk, but I'm sending this from my phone. Don't care about mms but tried the mms fix and some ##3282 suggestions to no avail. Can you point me to some other fixes I can try? Couldn't have made it this far without your help.

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information