Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    Recognized Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

^Sounds like you need means to connect by proxy, are you one the $45 or non-android $55 plan? I would suggest using u2nl/autostart, u2nl/init.d, or greenk45 to do so.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I tried GreenK and got Error: Is the 3G logo visible? That's when I did the u2nl/autostart and then started gettingweb. In fact I tried again right before posting. So I rebooted and tried again. Yeah it worked. Right on. I'mwondering if having my Connect to PC setting set to mount the drive could be the culprit. IDK but it works now. I did think the autostart did what GreenK does, but apparently not. Thanks again.

Phone
    epic 4g touch

i need help getting cdma workshop runnig i keep getting the error while loading target timeout problem. control main file and retry

Overall activity: 2.0%

First of all I would like to thank you guys for doing a great write up and making this available for many people. I have had my phone flashed for over a year now and I must say. The MMS has never worked. I have tried every tutorial, walkthrough, and bit of advice. I have never gotten it to work fully. I am currently on the MIUI rom and managed to get it to work halfway now as I can receive from people however sending is another chore. I have tried the APN mods, the APN updates with lots of other options and I have also tried the GO SMS option. I am at wits end and finally giving up my HTC EVO. Its time to move on to things that work without issues. As a lurker and someone who searches and reads a lot. Thanks for the info guys. I will be donating to you guys asap.

--Amir

usbcable

Why use a ROM? HTC Evo is getting old now. You can easily flash this phone with proxy or proxyless on Cricket. Getting everything to work is very easy. I have gone as far as to flash evo to Boost, Cricket, Metro, PagePlus, StraightTalk, and a few other carriers. I never use a ROM on the evo. Its simple to do. When flashing a android to cricket, you dont need ROMs. Just flash it on stock and you will see it actually does work better most of the time. Plus devs such as myself work on stock rom before we get into any other roms. Stock roms are going to get solutions first. If anyone needs to get a evo working, ask me how its really easy. Even getting MMS to work on 2.3.4 is real easy.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by autoluxury View Post
    First of all I would like to thank you guys for doing a great write up and making this available for many people. I have had my phone flashed for over a year now and I must say. The MMS has never worked. I have tried every tutorial, walkthrough, and bit of advice. I have never gotten it to work fully. I am currently on the MIUI rom and managed to get it to work halfway now as I can receive from people however sending is another chore. I have tried the APN mods, the APN updates with lots of other options and I have also tried the GO SMS option. I am at wits end and finally giving up my HTC EVO. Its time to move on to things that work without issues. As a lurker and someone who searches and reads a lot. Thanks for the info guys. I will be donating to you guys asap.

--Amir
    I'm always surprised how MMS seems to be a deal breaker for people. Find me on the live chat, and I'll try to help you out. You can also send an e-mail to webmasterATcricketusers.com.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by xblacklabelx View Post
    i need help getting cdma workshop runnig i keep getting the error while loading target timeout problem. control main file and retry
    I know I had some probs with some of these running Win7. Try uninstalling then re-install as administrator. (Right click on installer and select Run as Administrator). I do this for pretty much everything I install in Win7. If CDMA is running but you're having trouble finding the phone follow these instructions at the beginning of this thread. Hope that helps, I'm a noob here.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

What are the Apn settings supposed to be for GB on the 55 plan? I'm running Mikg 3.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by erjrsatx View Post
    If you're having trouble getting MMS going:

First, open/download the link (above in the original post) which says "CricketXML.zip" file. Download it to your computer. Open the zip file and select "edit" to edit it. The program "Notepad" should automatically open it up. If it doesn't open it in Notepad, then open it manually in Notepad. You should see the following>>

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Open the zipfile up (click on it) and you will see the Cricket.xml file inside. Right-click on it and select "Edit." Just edit the "your10digit#here" part with your phone number and save it. DO NOT select "Save As" or else it will try to save it as a text (txt) file which is not what you want. Only select, "Save" and close it out once it's saved. Also, DON'T change anything else in the file just that 10 digit number part.

Next, ensure your "connection type" (Settings>Connect to PC>Default Connection Type>Disk Drive) to the phone is "Disk Drive" (change it if needed) in order to connect the computer to the phone so that you can proceed to the next step with a file transfer.

Move the “Cricket XML file” you just saved and modified….to the "apnbackuprestore" folder (APN Backup & Restore is FREE through Google Marketplace - download it to your phone)....on your phone (with the USB cable connected to your computer if it isn’t already). Once the file has been transferred to the “apnbackuprestore” folder on your phone, DISCONNECT the USB cable from your computer.

This is important! Make sure the USB cable to your phone is DISCONNECTED for the following steps coming up.

Now, on your phone, open the app: APN Backup & Restore. Select, “Delete APNs.” Select, “Yes.” Then Select,
    “Restore APNs.” Then select the “Cricket.xml” file. Select “No” when the “check for duplicates” dialog comes up.
    Reboot the phone. MMS should work now. Test it once it boots up.

Hi, I can receive everything but picture messages from verizon customers only. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Supporting Member

ok I have dilemma.. htc evo 4g fully flashed.. was working great and all of a sudden I can not make or receive phone calls. text, internet are fine just no incoming or outgoing calls. It directs me to cricket recording saying my account is suspended and that I need to pay. I call 611 from a different phone and they tell me my account is fine and everything is active. tried flashing the phone with a different prl and same thing happens.

eliment

Quote Originally Posted by SICKLIFE View Post
    ok I have dilemma.. htc evo 4g fully flashed.. was working great and all of a sudden I can not make or receive phone calls. text, internet are fine just no incoming or outgoing calls. It directs me to cricket recording saying my account is suspended and that I need to pay. I call 611 from a different phone and they tell me my account is fine and everything is active. tried flashing the phone with a different prl and same thing happens.
    Did you recently port a new new number on your account after your phone was flashed? If so your MIN changed and you will have to get the correct MIN and put it in.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SICKLIFE View Post
    No i did not port a new number, and the MIN is the same it has been since I flashed it. It was working good for about a month and then that started. I have since then flashed it with different PRLs with no luck. Did a factory restore on phone as well. One thing I do remember everything in settings had gone to sprint stock, like when I had sprint coverage. I switched all settings to cricket, reflashed and same thing.
    Last edited by SICKLIFE; 01-04-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added more info

My talk and text dont work but my internet does with out a problem . Please help me

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Venable View Post
    My talk and text dont work but my internet does with out a problem . Please help me
    More info would be great. Do u have it in ur account already and do have mdn, min, or esn correct.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm not sure this is the right area to post but it's HTC EVO to Cricket problem.. I have been running a Fresh Rom 4.3 and have not had any problems.. Well I did *228 since Cricket recommends this every now and again to update, anyways I have done this in the past on the Fresh Rom 4.2 but not on 4.3.. After it went thru and said it was successful it reboots the phone and starts up just like it should. When it gets to the main screen right after starting, it shuts off and does it all over again, I have pulled battery I have wiped the phone completley did a factory reset and it still does the same thing. I have tried other roms to see if it would work correctly with another on and I get the same results.. No are you ready for the stupid part?? I loaded a backup rom with Fresh 4.2 and it works fine.. go figure.. So keeping that in mind I thought I would load the Fresh 4.3 since I don't have to wipe anything I thought cool it should work fine.. Well it doesn't..goes back into the loop, I tried CM7 and it does the same thing.. So what ever it updated doesn't like something and I can't find the problem.. Does anyone have any ideas??? I want to try different roms but can't because of this issue and I'm stuck on the Fresh 4.2 rom.

Thanks !

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information