Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Walter View Post
    I'm not sure this is the right area to post but it's HTC EVO to Cricket problem.. I have been running a Fresh Rom 4.3 and have not had any problems.. Well I did *228 since Cricket recommends this every now and again to update, anyways I have done this in the past on the Fresh Rom 4.2 but not on 4.3.. After it went thru and said it was successful it reboots the phone and starts up just like it should. When it gets to the main screen right after starting, it shuts off and does it all over again, I have pulled battery I have wiped the phone completley did a factory reset and it still does the same thing. I have tried other roms to see if it would work correctly with another on and I get the same results.. No are you ready for the stupid part?? I loaded a backup rom with Fresh 4.2 and it works fine.. go figure.. So keeping that in mind I thought I would load the Fresh 4.3 since I don't have to wipe anything I thought cool it should work fine.. Well it doesn't..goes back into the loop, I tried CM7 and it does the same thing.. So what ever it updated doesn't like something and I can't find the problem.. Does anyone have any ideas??? I want to try different roms but can't because of this issue and I'm stuck on the Fresh 4.2 rom.

Thanks !
    Make sure you Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache and then install rom. That sure fix your problem but if not do a ruu stock rom install and redo everything again.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Make sure you Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache and then install rom. That sure fix your problem but if not do a ruu stock rom install and redo everything again.
    That worked thanks for the help, that was the only thing that I didn't do.. I did a reset from the phone it's self not from the root menu, but once I did it was golden..

Thanks again !

Phone
    Evo 4g

Old School Method:Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:\android\tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:\android\tools

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...#ixzz1jelibiUd

I actually dont have this file location on my c: drive and i dont want to throw it in my adb folder or my Android SDK/tools folder if its not right. I also tried searching this fourm for "Green45APK"
    But anytime I click a link that is posted it takes me to this sites main page. Thank you for the great write-up though

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by dnc8808 View Post

I actually dont have this file location on my c: drive and i dont want to throw it in my adb folder or my Android SDK/tools folder if its not right. I also tried searching this fourm for "Green45APK"
    But anytime I click a link that is posted it takes me to this sites main page. Thank you for the great write-up though
    Connect your phone to wifi and get it from the market. You will need to update busy box too.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by dina View Post
    Connect your phone to wifi and get it from the market. You will need to update busy box too.
    Exactly, use one of the busybox installers from the Market to be sure that busybox is installed and configured. Then, install GreenK45 from the Market and you should be set.

Phone
    Evo 4g

I actually dont have this file location on my c: drive and i dont want to throw it in my adb folder or my Android SDK/tools folder if its not right
    ok great thank you guys. now what about this file location to insatll u2nl and autostart to?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

you do not need to push u2nl and autostart if you are using GreenK. The reason why Greenk was developed (by mraabhimself) was to avoid that long process of pushing adb stuff.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    Evo 4g

awsome...YOU GUYS HERE ARE THE SH** plus one for both and OP

Overall activity: 4.0%

Hey guys will there be an update to the mms portion of the Sticky Tutorial I have tried several times on different roms to get mms and only manage to get incoming working. I can never get outgoing to work on the evo. Currently I am running Warm 2.3 I replace mms.apk and telephony.db as instructed. I also edited build prop to reflect 310016 for carrier. Did apn back up and restore with cricket.xml (edited with my#) and still I only receive cannot send. I am sure by now this has been cracked by someone. Any other ideas??

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Hey guys will there be an update to the mms portion of the Sticky Tutorial I have tried several times on different roms to get mms and only manage to get incoming working. I can never get outgoing to work on the evo. Currently I am running Warm 2.3 I replace mms.apk and telephony.db as instructed. I also edited build prop to reflect 310016 for carrier. Did apn back up and restore with cricket.xml (edited with my#) and still I only receive cannot send. I am sure by now this has been cracked by someone. Any other ideas??
    Warm 2.3? is it like freshly updated GB or the name of the ROM

Its the name of a new sense 3.5 rom based on European Runnymeade the rom is called Warm 2.3 for evo 4g.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Check on google if that ROM has a general problem with mms...some ROMs have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Its the name of a new sense 3.5 rom based on European Runnymeade the rom is called Warm 2.3 for evo 4g.
    Where did you download this ROM?

Hey guys I finally found a solution that works for mms on all new Sense 3.5 roms (European ports)! This really does work just follow it to the letter and it will work on both odex and deodexed roms. I have tested it on Energy rom, Warm 2.3, MyikG, Mik3D, Prime XL 3D, RCmix3D Runny, and Radiance HD and it worked on everyone seriously!!! The guide says its for the Evo3D but the solution works on the Evo 4g as well.

Moderators if others have success with it can this be moved to the sticky as an update to the tutorial? All credit goes to jtheis23 at XDA. Thanks here is the link:
    [GUIDE]criKet Wireless MMS fix for Sense 3.5 Rom - xda-developers

Last edited by kr8zeivan; 01-16-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by autoluxury View Post
    First of all I would like to thank you guys for doing a great write up and making this available for many people. I have had my phone flashed for over a year now and I must say. The MMS has never worked. I have tried every tutorial, walkthrough, and bit of advice. I have never gotten it to work fully. I am currently on the MIUI rom and managed to get it to work halfway now as I can receive from people however sending is another chore. I have tried the APN mods, the APN updates with lots of other options and I have also tried the GO SMS option. I am at wits end and finally giving up my HTC EVO. Its time to move on to things that work without issues. As a lurker and someone who searches and reads a lot. Thanks for the info guys. I will be donating to you guys asap.

--Amir
    I'm in the same boat as you. I flashed an EVO over to cricket to save some $$$, and it was a nightmare process to finally get it working decently. I spent countless hours too trying to get MMS working to no avail. Time spent trying to find the right PRL, get flashed, test it out, etc. Bluetooth use is aggravating at best. Flashing phones just isn't for me. It's hard to depend on this phone. With the Huawei Mercury out and only $230, no reason for me to keep fighting with this slow, pain-in-the-ass EVO.

I really appreciate all the help from this forum, you guys totally rock!

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information