Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by flashcash View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I flashed an EVO over to cricket to save some $$$, and it was a nightmare process to finally get it working decently. I spent countless hours too trying to get MMS working to no avail. Time spent trying to find the right PRL, get flashed, test it out, etc. Bluetooth use is aggravating at best. Flashing phones just isn't for me. It's hard to depend on this phone. With the Huawei Mercury out and only $230, no reason for me to keep fighting with this slow, pain-in-the-ass EVO.

I really appreciate all the help from this forum, you guys totally rock!
    I disagree, it easy and I have no problems with mms or anything with evo or HTC. Others give me some trouble but easily overcome. I think problem with most noobs(me too) is you want the answers but not willing to look for them. It took me months to learn this stuff and am still learning today. No disrespect but u have to put in the time. We all help each other so don't give.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    3VO

Did anyone ever think the reason why u can't get mms to work is because of the password in the XML. file. It password not p***word.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by rogerledoux View Post
    Where did you download this ROM?

I got this rom at the Evo 4g roms database. It gets updated daily and the choices are massive. Its a great time to own an evo so here is the link.

HTC EVO 4G Android Roms

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by flashcash View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I flashed an EVO over to cricket to save some $$$, and it was a nightmare process to finally get it working decently. I spent countless hours too trying to get MMS working to no avail. Time spent trying to find the right PRL, get flashed, test it out, etc. Bluetooth use is aggravating at best. Flashing phones just isn't for me. It's hard to depend on this phone. With the Huawei Mercury out and only $230, no reason for me to keep fighting with this slow, pain-in-the-ass EVO.

I really appreciate all the help from this forum, you guys totally rock!
    Actually this is my honest opinion here. Mercury is great for those who don't want to hassle with anything BUT to me it's only as good as a DINC (Droid Incredible). Just reminds me of the same form factor and everything. The EVO is one of the best phones for Cricket (price point and all). If you're not in a tri band area, I don't see why one would have so many problems with it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Actually this is my honest opinion here. Mercury is great for those who don't want to hassle with anything BUT to me it's only as good as a DINC (Droid Incredible). Just reminds me of the same form factor and everything. The EVO is one of the best phones for Cricket (price point and all). If you're not in a tri band area, I don't see why one would have so many problems with it.
    I got curious by kr8zeivan's post so I checked out the ROM's he was referring to. My own ignorance-I thought I was stuck with the Jimney Cricket ROM until someone updated the OP with a new HTC EVO Cricket ROM. I didn't realize I could put any other ROM on this phone and get it working! So I wiped the phone completely through Clockwork Recovery and installed the Energy ROM.

WOW. What a HUGE difference that makes. Instead of a year old interface with bugs and freezing problems (even after several wipes and reloads of the JC ROM) it's now a like-new top of the line Droid. This thing hauls, the interface is gorgeous and bright, I love it. It's amazing. It's like my EVO just became a brand new phone. Been running it two days now and it's pretty damn smooth. Happy to say I'm holding onto the EVO and excited about trying different ROM's from here on out. I was wondering why the hell anyone would bother with modding their phones before, now I know why.

One snag I did hit-used My Backup Pro to back up all my apps, well restoring them on the Energy ROM caused never ending force closes. Would like a quick method to get back up and running with all my apps moving forward, is this a common problem restoring apps from a different previous ROM?

Greetings, I'm new to forums and have found these forums to be especially helpful but I've come across a situation. After I followed these steps and procedures 3 times over I still cannot seem to get WEB/MMS to work. Everything is fine, TXT, WI-FI, Calls, except mobile data or picture msgs. I'm on the $55 plan and still no 3G icon or anything! Im using an EVO 4G running Revolutionary with MikG Sense 2.1 using 45513HybridMyCricketForumDotCom.PRL. I've just about racked my brain, tried all I know (APN edit, ##DATA# edits, Proxy Setting Edit, *229 PRL get) and thinking about giving up and using the remote flashing you guys got. Any ideas? Let me know if there is some info that's needed that I haven't already given. Thank You!

Phone
    Evo 4g

nevermind sorry for the empty reply
    Last edited by dnc8808; 01-22-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

I have done the full flash of a HTC EVO shift and everything is working except being able to make calls. Does anyone have any ideas?

Phone
    3VO

I have the same problem with customers phone but it a Evo 4g. It should be esn, mdn, or min.

I dont want to sound like a complete idiot.......but I'm just starting to learn to flash my Evo 4G and I'm holding down power and volume down and it's just staying a black screen????? why isn't the bootloader screen coming up?

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    I dont want to sound like a complete idiot.......but I'm just starting to learn to flash my Evo 4G and I'm holding down power and volume down and it's just staying a black screen????? why isn't the bootloader screen coming up?
    Pull the battery and try again

Yes that worked, thanks.

I just wanted to send a thank you to everyone who has helped me out during this frustrating process lol. I learned a lot so now if my wife or someone needs help with this I am educated in the arts lol. I got everything working on my phone and all is goo. nandroid backuped everything lol. thanks again for your patience with me and every other new cricket flasher.

In the items needed list item D reads "D. PRL (http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...rl-thread.html)" I admit i'm a nOOb to this but that doesn't help me at all, it just took me to the forums homepage. What exactly does it want me to do for D? Thanks a lot. Sorry if this is a dumb question..

Overall activity: 4.0%

Hey guys I just picked up another Evo for one of my kids and I found out it has a bad ESN. Can I still connect it to Cricket? I figure if I flash it that it should not matter but want to double check. Can anyone break it down for me?

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information