Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thank you for the tutorial. I do have one problem however. When I click on the link to download the prl, it redirects and takes me to,

http://www.cricketusers.com/forum.php

I believe that the tread was removed or the link is just broken.

Could you please provide a new link or an attachment containing the prl?

Also, does the prl you installed and provided the link that is now broken for work for all areas in the us? I have searched the forums and other tutorial videos and have found one recent video that is using prl 45722. I don't think you used prl 45722. Which one should i use?

This is the video,

HOW TO FLASH HTC EVO 4G TO CRICKET (STEP BY STEP) - YouTube

Here is where I downloaded PRL 45722,
    http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...-thread-3.html

Will this prl work in my area? The person I am setting this pone up for lives in Macon Mo, zip 63552.

Also one last question, Can I use any rom? When I go to XDA and check on the Jiminy Cricket rom it says the rom is now obsolete.

Thank you in advance for your help and thank you for the tutorial and tutorial video! Great job!!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

I figured it out thanks to chrisngrod! Thank you for your help Chris!

Overall activity: 0%

I had the same question as Austiego about the PRL except it wasn't answered on this thread so I do not know the solution. Any help please? also i was curious about the answer to the bad esn question asked as well. Thank!

Austiego did the above youtube video that you used completely work out for you? I see on the video that he never mentions rooting the phone , if I follow the video step by step to flash my phone can I root it later to install a rom? or should I root the phone and then flash it? also I updated the phone over wifi to Android 2.3.5, am I going to have any issues flashing or rooting after updating to 2.3.5?

What rom did you decide to try? I also heard that the Jimmy one was way out of date now.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    Austiego did the above youtube video that you used completely work out for you? I see on the video that he never mentions rooting the phone , if I follow the video step by step to flash my phone can I root it later to install a rom? or should I root the phone and then flash it? also I updated the phone over wifi to Android 2.3.5, am I going to have any issues flashing or rooting after updating to 2.3.5?

What rom did you decide to try? I also heard that the Jimmy one was way out of date now.

To root is easy and flast. There are better roms out there.

Try
    MikG v3.0 Rom

or
    Team-Nocturnal Shooter E3D Rom

or another from
    Nocturnal Xplod XE E4G Rom

I just found out tonight that the Evo 4g that I picked up has been OTA updated to firmware 2.3.5 with the new Hboot 2.18 with S-on, I'm I totally screwed now when it comes to rooting and flashing roms? at least flashing them easily?
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 02-07-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Hey guys I just picked up another Evo for one of my kids and I found out it has a bad ESN. Can I still connect it to Cricket? I figure if I flash it that it should not matter but want to double check. Can anyone break it down for me?
    I found out mine had a bad ESN through Sprint after I already bought it. Cricket didn't care, just asked for the ESN and activated it. When I did this several months ago they weren't cross referencing ESN's with Sprint, so unless they started recently, you should be fine.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by flashcash View Post
    I found out mine had a bad ESN through Sprint after I already bought it. Cricket didn't care, just asked for the ESN and activated it. When I did this several months ago they weren't cross referencing ESN's with Sprint, so unless they started recently, you should be fine.
    Sprint and Cricket are different company. Bad esn are for original carrier only. Just like Cricket bad esn is for Cricket network.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by flashcash View Post
    Thanks fellas. It worked liek a charm. Glad they don't care!

I can receive calls, I can send and receive text, and I have web, but I can't make any calls out... any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by mdezy View Post
    I can receive calls, I can send and receive text, and I have web, but I can't make any calls out... any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    When u make a call what does it say. Also, what stock rom do u have. Make sure ur mdn, min, and esn are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    When u make a call what does it say. Also, what stock rom do u have. Make sure ur mdn, min, and esn are correct.

When I try to call there is no dial tone or anything. I get a message that the call was dropped due to immediate lack of signal? I have MikG rom. I will look into the mdn, min, etc... thanks

I don't mean to be a pain but i never had my PRL question answered. How do i get my PRL? I live in Madison, WI (if that matters). Please help! thank you

Overall activity: 1.0%

My phone won't boot into the HBOOT menu...I have tried turning the phone one with both the volume down and power button at the same time. It doesn't do anything? This IS the first step, right? What am I doing wrong?

It is 2.3.3 Gingerbread...
    Last edited by Body4Change; 02-12-2012 at 07:46 PM.

I

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Body4Change View Post
    My phone won't boot into the HBOOT menu...I have tried turning the phone one with both the volume down and power button at the same time. It doesn't do anything? This IS the first step, right? What am I doing wrong?

It is 2.3.3 Gingerbread...
    I had the same problem when I first started:
    1. just power the phone down
    2. take out the battery then put it back in.
    3. hold down power and volume down at the same time and you should not be in the HBOOT menu.
    P.S. SO NOT DO ANY OTA Android updates at all, leave it at 2.3.3 and root the phone and install custom roms. Also after you root the phone look on the Market place for a app called OTA RootKeeper by voodoo, it will make a back-up of your rooted state and if you do accidentally accept a OTA update this app will get your root back without any hassles. (I OTA to 2.3.5 and now I cannot root my phone very easily)

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information