Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    I

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I had the same problem when I first started:
    1. just power the phone down
    2. take out the battery then put it back in.
    3. hold down power and volume down at the same time and you should not be in the HBOOT menu.
    P.S. SO NOT DO ANY OTA Android updates at all, leave it at 2.3.3 and root the phone and install custom roms. Also after you root the phone look on the Market place for a app called OTA RootKeeper by voodoo, it will make a back-up of your rooted state and if you do accidentally accept a OTA update this app will get your root back without any hassles. (I OTA to 2.3.5 and now I cannot root my phone very easily)
    That worked! Too bad it wasn't in the tutorial...would have saved me a lot of time lol. Thank you very much

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I NEED SOME HELP!! At this point I am willing to pay for a full flash or whatever... I have already rooted/flashed my phone, I have MikG rom and can receive calls, send/receive text and have mobile web. My problem is I can't make any calls out. When I try to call, there is no dial tone and I get a message that the call was dropped due to an immediate lack of signal. I have tried to troubleshoot, but I'm lost. It took me 3-4 days just to flash it myself originally...

Please, I need my phone for work and I need it working now. I can pay for a full flash if needed... Please help!!!

Hi,

I got an error message when loading the Android Bootloader Interface drivers. I'm running the 2.3.3 OS. Any ideas?

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by mdezy View Post
    I NEED SOME HELP!! At this point I am willing to pay for a full flash or whatever... I have already rooted/flashed my phone, I have MikG rom and can receive calls, send/receive text and have mobile web. My problem is I can't make any calls out. When I try to call, there is no dial tone and I get a message that the call was dropped due to an immediate lack of signal. I have tried to troubleshoot, but I'm lost. It took me 3-4 days just to flash it myself originally...

Please, I need my phone for work and I need it working now. I can pay for a full flash if needed... Please help!!!
    Try installing the Hybrid PRL's and see if it makes a difference. Read and follow these instructions. http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...s-cricket.html
    http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...rl-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by Body4Change View Post
    Hi,

I got an error message when loading the Android Bootloader Interface drivers. I'm running the 2.3.3 OS. Any ideas?

Is there more than one version of this driver? It seemed like this was the only one...

Is there more than one version of this driver? It seemed like this was the only one...
    Nevermind, I tried it again and it worked.

Okay so let me just say that this tutorial is very hard to follow for first-timers evo 4g flashers due to the fact that there are separate methods for froyo and gingerbread. IMO there should be two different threads, one for each OS. I was able to flash my Droid X2 without difficulty. Also, why do all the links for files and other threads just go to the homepage? Doesn't anybody keep these things current? Anyways, enough ranting

I rooted the phone using revolutionary (I have gingerbread.) What do I do next? It says to not install Jiminy Cricket. What is the next step? Do I go straight to the QPST and CDMA steps?
    Last edited by Body4Change; 02-13-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Okay so let me just say that this tutorial is very hard to follow for first-timers due to the fact that there are separate methods for froyo and gingerbread. IMO there should be two different threads, one for each OS. I was able to flash my Droid X2 without difficulty. Also, why do all the links for files and other threads just go to the homepage? Doesn't anybody keep these things current? Anyways, enough ranting

I rooted the phone using revolutionary (I have gingerbread.) What do I do next? It says to not install Jiminy Cricket. What is the next step? Do I go straight to the QPST and CDMA steps?
    CDMA to get your SPC or any other method out there to get your SPC (if you're rooted you can use msl reader from the market). Then go to QPST.

Believe me... Flashing was much harder back when I started.

and sure... anyone but me feel free to keep the tutorials current. Since I spent my time making most of the ones on here in the first place. This is a forum. Not Cricket's personal tech support (like they would ever support flashed phones... they just tell people that certain features might not work). I don't own a store either, and I have never owned an Evo.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    CDMA to get your SPC or any other method out there to get your SPC (if you're rooted you can use msl reader from the market). Then go to QPST.

Believe me... Flashing was much harder back when I started.

and sure... anyone but me feel free to keep the tutorials current. Since I spent my time making most of the ones on here in the first place. This is a forum. Not Cricket's personal tech support (like they would ever support flashed phones... they just tell people that certain features might not work). I don't own a store either, and I have never owned an Evo.

Hey Chris, I decided to take your advice and give back to the forum by starting a thread specifically for the EVO 4G with the 2.3.3 OS. It is here. Please make this thread a "sticky" so everyone can find it easily and feel free to contribute if you can find the time. Thanks

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

got everything working

Does the phone have to be rooted in order to flash it?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by unamedplayer View Post
    Rooting is not mandatory.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by unamedplayer View Post
    No your phone does not have to be rooted to flash.

However if you choose to use a Sense 3.5 rom after you flash your phone you will need root to get mms working easily. Sense 3.5 roms require root to be able to get mms dialed in as you must replace the mms.apk and telephony.apk. Only rooted phone will allow you to write to phone partition.

Do I need to call Cricket at anytime during flashing?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You're going to have to figure out your MIN. This can be found on most phones by going into the settings (of the phone currently on your account).

You're also going to have to get someone to place the phone on your account when you're done. Some Paygo accounts are not eligible for using a flashed device. I also assume that you have a Cricket account already in good standing. Possible choices far placing the ESN on your account are visiting your local Cricket Authorized Dealer, getting the forum to get one of it's dealers to do it (links to activate on the top of every page), or you can call Cricket.

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information