Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Hello well heres yet another issue i know lots fun right, i have a flashed 1st gen htc evo got it on the day they came out currently using EVio 3 rom. i have done full settings and everything multiple times everything is in place i have working web and calls but for some reason the text messages go out but they dont come in except for in large clumps if i dial *228 or the like mms well i dont frankly care that much if it works just my text i have no idea whats wrong i have all settings done the way this guide shows as well as many other guides ive tried everything. this rom and these settings where working before i had tried to do an update to the rom and found it wasnt working right so down stepped back to what i knew worked now problems. as a side note the location determination based on network isnt functioning right either. any ideas would be helpful

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

make sure your qpst settings are correct

Overall activity: 11.0%

ive checked them about a dozen times over two days the inbound signal is what appears not to be coming through completely even with all settings correct in qpst ive even double checked them in epst on the phone after doing them everything is right but inbound signal doesnt appear to be working correctly

Overall activity: 0%

This is my 1st post with you guys. My cousin gave me his white htc evo 4g because he's moved on to the new iphone. It was already rooted when I got it so I ended up putting miui on it. Although I can easily flash back to sense. I don't have a cricket account because I'm with virgin mobile right now. But I would like to be able to use my evo so I'm wondering do I need to get a cricket account 1st or is that something I can do thru flashing my phone. What are the steps?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by elisa9047 View Post
    This is my 1st post with you guys. My cousin gave me his white htc evo 4g because he's moved on to the new iphone. It was already rooted when I got it so I ended up putting miui on it. Although I can easily flash back to sense. I don't have a cricket account because I'm with virgin mobile right now. But I would like to be able to use my evo so I'm wondering do I need to get a cricket account 1st or is that something I can do thru flashing my phone. What are the steps?
    Get a Cricket account first and then flash the phone. Unless something changed, you won't be able to get into DIAG mode with MIUI.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

OK thanks. Can I start an account with my EVO without flashing it first?
    Last edited by elisa9047; 03-13-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I like to visit authorized dealers because they seem to allow devices to be added that don't have a Cricket PRL on them already. Basically you just have to tell them that you are going to do the flashing yourself, you won't come back in there claiming that it doesn't work (cause most likely this will be no fault of theirs), and that you know people have started accounts with the phone flashed as well.

I have gone as far as talking to a representative here on the phone so a person could get a new account (they were at a Cricket dealer).

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I like to visit authorized dealers because they seem to allow devices to be added that don't have a Cricket PRL on them already. Basically you just have to tell them that you are going to do the flashing yourself, you won't come back in there claiming that it doesn't work (cause most likely this will be no fault of theirs), and that you know people have started accounts with the phone flashed as well.

I have gone as far as talking to a representative here on the phone so a person could get a new account (they were at a Cricket dealer).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

mms help

Hello everyone, just an FYI the CU forum is by far the best on the net for flashing to cricket ... I have flashed a Droid a855, HTC Incredible, and now an EVO 4G ... I have always had problems with mms and data, bring that I live in Chicago (AWS) ... But finally with the evo4g ... I have full 3g on Crickets network!!! Now the issue I am having, I did the mms fix according to this guide ... changed telephony files messaging all and flashed cricket mms Eris fix ... but every time I try and send a mms message ... I get an error message "phone storage is full!! .... " I wiped the phone to factory and still same problem, and just fyi.on cm7.0.1 rom ... any help would be appreciated thanks!

Once you find a good PRL, is it normal to have problems after it has been working fine? I've had the same PRL for a couple months with no problems, but for the last two days I've had a lot of problems, no service, no internet etc. A restart usually gives me service again but still problems with the internet.

Not sure if this is related, but before this happen, I was in an area with no service at all, my phone was actually roaming. Since then I've had problems even though I'm back home.??

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by mdezy View Post
    Once you find a good PRL, is it normal to have problems after it has been working fine? I've had the same PRL for a couple months with no problems, but for the last two days I've had a lot of problems, no service, no internet etc. A restart usually gives me service again but still problems with the internet.

Not sure if this is related, but before this happen, I was in an area with no service at all, my phone was actually roaming. Since then I've had problems even though I'm back home.??
    You never *228 or *22804 the phone did you? I've had to reboot a phone because it all of a sudden stops being able to make calls (would return a busy signal). Download anything lately?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    You never *228 or *22804 the phone did you? I've had to reboot a phone because it all of a sudden stops being able to make calls (would return a busy signal). Download anything lately?
    What is *228/*22804? Haven't downloaded anything new... I haven't changed anything at all, like I said, it has been working great up until a few days ago. I am going to re program with the same PRL and see if anything changes...

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

*228/*22804 is over the air programming. on a flashed phone it will mess up all your settings.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    *228/*22804 is over the air programming. on a flashed phone it will mess up all your settings.
    At a minimum has a potential to mess things up. I only use it occasionally and only because I know how to reprogram the phone again with confidence if need be. If you know how to go through the whole process again anyways you can try it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    At a minimum has a potential to mess things up. I only use it occasionally and only because I know how to reprogram the phone again with confidence if need be. If you know how to go through the whole process again anyways you can try it.
    I can reprogram confidently from QPST stage... do you think i should try?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yes I do then. If you're not using a hybrid PRL, it should download whatever PRL Cricket wants it to have.

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information