Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    i try to open the xml file under notepad but it simply wont it opens up as a web document
    right click and then hit edit. You do not even need to edit it. On evo, it just takes the mmsc part anyways. So just download, delete old apns and restore the new one.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I bought a flashed evo that had everything working and aafter i hard reset it to get my gmail on there my internet and mms dont work ive tryed all the suggestions and tops given so far and have had no luck.. would be willing to pay someone 10-20 bucks to help me with this

help anyone :(

I tried everything up there and I still cant get it to work :/ I rooted it using unrevoked then did all the steps then when I try to call,it says "your account could not be validated please contact customer services.. Message 5 switch 702"anyone please help ?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I bought a flashed evo that had everything working and aafter i hard reset it to get my gmail on there my internet and mms dont work ive tryed all the suggestions and tops given so far and have had no luck.. would be willing to pay someone 10-20 bucks to help me with this
    Which plan are you on? Android, 45, or other? MMS won't work without data.

Quote Originally Posted by kaoticreaver View Post
    I tried everything up there and I still cant get it to work :/ I rooted it using unrevoked then did all the steps then when I try to call,it says "your account could not be validated please contact customer services.. Message 5 switch 702"anyone please help ?
    Have you placed this phone on your account? Just placing the MDN/MIN on the phone with a correct PRL doesn't make it the active phone on your account.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I had to upgrade to the 55plan for my net to work.. my mms was werkn but jus didn't have internet

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Shit ill help u.. kedkaedee@gmail. Get at me

Overall activity: 2.0%

Hello I hope you guys are still here on this thread. I see nothing but 2011 dates. Any how here goes.. I am following the instructions. I downloaded Revolutionary but it doesnt have my HBOOT they have 2.15 and 2.16 i have 2.18 ,

Another issue is when at the very beginning you say "Install HBOOT drivers onto your computer." are those in the thread. If so i probably did that already.

The last thing I am having a problem with is, when "
    Open Device Manager.

• Click Start, then right click on Computer, then click Properties, then click Device Manager.

Under Other devices, you should now see the Android 1.0 device, similar to the picture below. "

I do not show anything as Other devices and no Android 1.0 device

Please help me

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Rooting is not critical to flashing the device over to Cricket.

It's been talked about. There are other methods for rooting the newer firmwares. Your best bet for that though is probably XDA.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by chillah1980 View Post
    Hello I hope you guys are still here on this thread. I see nothing but 2011 dates. Any how here goes.. I am following the instructions. I downloaded Revolutionary but it doesnt have my HBOOT they have 2.15 and 2.16 i have 2.18 ,

Another issue is when at the very beginning you say "Install HBOOT drivers onto your computer." are those in the thread. If so i probably did that already.

Open Device Manager.

• Click Start, then right click on Computer, then click Properties, then click Device Manager.

Under Other devices, you should now see the Android 1.0 device, similar to the picture below. "

Please help me
    You have unlock ur bootloader. If ur want to root your evo. I made tutorial for unlocking the bootloader for 2.18. Next install new HTC sync and once HTC sync finishes installing the driver uninstall HTC sync. You can get into adb, diag, and others with those drivers. Just to HTC and look for your phone. Under download

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 2.0%

Open Device Manager.

Please help me

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Dont know how i reposted the same thing again. Sorry was bout to post. Thank you and i am going to try that right now. I will let you know my progress. And thanks for the super timely responce

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by chillah1980 View Post

Open Device Manager.

Please help me
    Its a little more work to s-off but has been solved try this:

HTC Evo 4G - How To Root with HBOOT 2.18.0001 and gain S-OFF

Good luck!

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Its a little more work to s-off but has been solved try this:

HTC Evo 4G - How To Root with HBOOT 2.18.0001 and gain S-OFF

Good luck!
    It the same as mine and there new way of doing it. I like cement touch that RA. Up to you.

Phone
    HTC Speedy

I recently got an EVO 4G on 2.3.5 gingerbread. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted but no s-off, then flashed it over to cricket and have it activated but my data seems extremely slow, I've flashed many phones and this is the slowest I've seen. I've tried all the prls on the prl thread and *228 with no luck. I'm currently on mikg, but I've used stock and a few other roms, no difference. I'm in greensburg, pa which is close to Pittsburgh. Any ideas on what I should do? I was thinking about downgrading the bootloader and achieving s-off but idk if doing that would help at all. I'll take any suggestions at this point. Thank you ahead of time to anyone that reads this long post and offers any assistance whether it helps or not.

Phone
    3VO

*228 does work. Try in qpst, under cdma, evrc enable check, roaming home, evrc.

Phone
    HTC Speedy

What I meant by *228 with no luck was that none of them helped my data speed at all. But thank you for your reply and I will check what you said but I'm pretty sure I did that.

How many bars do you see on the signal bar? Does your signal drop very often? Do you have problems with calls dropping randomly? Does your phone automatically goes to roaming mode due to low reception? Asking these questions because this happened to me and I might have a fix if thats the case.

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information