Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Speedy

No problems with calls but the other things sound about right

2. Remove this advertisement.

Well I had 1 phone with internet being very very slow and I had only a couple signal bars at most. It used to show 0 signal bars very often and would drop the calls as well. It was a hardware issue but was very easy to fix. It happened because the antenna connectors inside the phone were not properly connecting to the back housing. You will need to unscrew and take off the back housing. You will see about 10 small metallic connectors inside the phone. use a screw driver or your fingers to gently lift all of them a little upwards so that when you put the housing back, they connect properly. That worked perfectly for me.

Phone
    HTC Speedy

Thanks for the reply but I'm thinking its not that. I'm actually averaging between 4-6 signal bars now but the 3g is still terribly slow. I will keep that in mind though if all else fails. I think I'm going to post a new thread for help as well, maybe more people will see it that way and its taking like 5 minutes + just to even load page 53 of this thread.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Ok. Try this but it don't makes sense to me why it would happen to ur phone. *#*#4636#*#* is code for the dialer. Phone info is what u want go down to, I think it signal type or something. Cdma auto is type u want. I had a customers phone move on it own. If have pretty bad 3g then that will be ur solution. Evdo is makes it move faster but if u put evdo only then u won't make any calls. Cdma auto is what u want. Try it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC Speedy

That code didn't do anything for me. Any other ways to get there that you know of?

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

##33284# this one. Debug

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC Speedy

I actually don't see that anywhere on that list, thank you though. Would you happen to know of any good prls for the pittsburgh/greensburg pa areas?

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

everybody is gonna have different results with prls
    because of the location

so the best thing to do is test and test the prls till you find the right one for you

Phone
    HTC Speedy

I'm actually trying to get some more prls to test, I've used all the ones on the official sticky. And I was throttled, but my droid 2 that I used before this phone would have been too and it was still way faster than what I was down too. Now, I have changed some settings that I can't seem to remember right now, but my download speed went from under 80kb, to over 1,000. So would the throttling really make it that bad?

I am not very computer savy however my evo was already flashed to cricket and i ported my number from cricket to t mobile to go to an i phone big mistake ... now i want back to cricket with my evo that was already root and flashed and its not picking up crickets signal... fast forward to the 4 hrs i have been trying to follow this wonderful thread ... i'm sorry but I candy even get the boot loader to stay on the devise manager every time I am in the hoot i try and reboot the phone as you said above boot you phone normally in that screen there is no normal boot ... what am i doing wrong and even tho your videos are awesome your fingers are to fast for me to make sense of it ...HEEELLLLLPPPP ok now when i dial ##3282# it asked for a password its alread 000000 what in the name isworng with this phone. i just can't afford to re root phone it cost me 140 buks the last time .. i changed my data to my#@mycricket.com
    all the ports read right and I have bars plus I keep getting a message that i will get my voice mail when a data is connected is this a cricket thing or is this just me f in it up??

Customer Since
    06/2012
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Help?!?!?

I have flashed my phone over to cricket. I get 3G data on it, but when I dial 611 *228 *22804, it says the signal was lost. Can anyone help? When I was with sprint on this phone, I had no trouble. Not sure where I went wrong here. It is rooted running a stock rom, with all correct settings flashed over to it. It is not however currently attached to my account yet(although the internet is working on it.... strange).

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

yea data will work without it being on your account but calling wont id try a different PRL It should let you dial *228 it just wont program until it is on your account

Customer Since
    06/2012
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

I have tried several different PRLs for the south texas area and none of them are making a difference. Any other ideas?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

In the ##data# menu check to see if DDTM is enabled (if so disable). Also check your voice settings and make sure they are EVRC and not 13k or whatever.

MMS: I'm sorry guys, I don't know why the MMSC Settings doesn't appear in your menu. The person I purchased this device from was one of the first to receive it. I'm going to attach anycut to this post and check if you can add a shortcut (activity) to MMSC settings...

anycut.apk
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-01-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I had this problem when I flashed over to MetroPCS. It always used to say "network busy" while dialing *228. I got it fixed by dialing ##786# and resetting the phone. You can try the same thing. When you hit reset, it will ask you for your SPC (Service Programing code) to reset. Hopefully this will help.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information