Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Cool got it... well then what else could i be doing wrong? it seems as if the phone is not logging in to the network. I recently realized that since im on the android plan i dont need to flash that other v10 file just put in the settings... i thought i had them right but they have different ones in every website could anyone point me out to the right ones? thanks! you guys are awesome also yes i edited my apn already...

2. Remove this advertisement.

This may seem stupid, but what steps should i take before following this tutorial. Should I buy the plan first? Do I need to take the phone into the cricket store for any reason? (I bought my phone from ebay with a good esn)

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by necrosim View Post
    This may seem stupid, but what steps should i take before following this tutorial. Should I buy the plan first? Do I need to take the phone into the cricket store for any reason? (I bought my phone from ebay with a good esn)
    I'd buy the phone. Take it to the Cricket store and give them the ESN. Tell them you need it on a new account and choose the plan you want. 45 or 55 ANDROID (not 5m5). Sometimes you have to be very firm with them and let them know you are aware of the possibilities of x or y not working. I've heard of EVOs working in the Maryland area however it is tri-band. You might try to see if people in your area have had good luck with them.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

est0380

Cricket won't flash phone at store...

I have an HTC EVO flashed to MetroPCS but I just moved to DC and the phone doesn't work at all, so I am looking to flash it to Cricket. The problem is that no stores here will flash it to their network. Can I just buy the cheapest phone and use that number with this phone?

Help!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You shouldn't even have to buy a phone. Just say, "Hey I'm putting this phone on a new Cricket account, and I'll flash it myself." If they give you any hassle let them know you know how to get it working and that you don't care what they think might or might not work in a nice way of course.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Where are you located? Sorry on mobile if you have it in your profile... Did you fix your problem yet?

hey everybody.. im using jiminy cricket V on evo i flashed to cricket 2 weeks ago. for the first week everything was working perfect, i updated my prl and mms didnt work after that for whatever reason so i went back to old prl and it still doesnt work. now ive gone back to stock rom and re-wiped and reset and reinstalled jiminy cricket fresh and put the apn where it needs to go and still no mms and now even after editing the settings for youtube vids to stream they nor pandora will stream!! this is driving me nuts and nobody has replied to any of my posts on xda or my email to deathsled!! any help would be awesome

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

So you've edited the rpst and httpd settings? Did you delete all the APNs before restoring the newly modified one?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    So you've edited the rpst and httpd settings? Did you delete all the APNs before restoring the newly modified one?

yeah man.. first time i flashed it i followed your guide and like everyone else everything worked. then i lost mms and so ive wiped,reflashed back to stocked, wiped twice then reflashed back to jiminy cricket and chenged settings as i did the first time and now pandora wont work or youtube and no mms.. ive been trying for days to figure this out. ive googled everything i can think of, im dumbfounded

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Yea @ zyrtek69. I have been having an MMS and GPS Issue Like the GPS is like accurate withing 10 miles lol so i cant use navigation it constant looks for gps i am stoped and phone is outside. The mms i have been fighting with, Although i got my friends to work,,, Sucks... Lol...

Chris. What should slot cycle index be? and i am trying the second PRL not the 42900 to try and get my mms working
    Last edited by twisteddreams; 05-17-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddreams View Post
    Yea @ zyrtek69. I have been having an MMS and GPS Issue Like the GPS is like accurate withing 10 miles lol so i cant use navigation it constant looks for gps i am stoped and phone is outside. The mms i have been fighting with, Although i got my friends to work,,, Sucks... Lol...

Chris. What should slot cycle index be? and i am trying the second PRL not the 42900 to try and get my mms working
    yeah ive changed the settings in epst to get pandora and youtube working like it did in the beginning and i can get like 3 seconds of a video playing and then it gives me the need to retry error, and pandora plays for about 5 seconds and just skips songs.. like i said i can get mms from verizon customers(which is who ive always had problems with sending/receiving with my last flashed phone) if they forward the message to me it sends with now problem at all but if they just try to send me one it never comes thru.. i love this phone and in the begnning(2 weeks ago) it worked f'n perfectly and i was like wow this is so much bettter than the droid 1 flashed to cricket but now stuff just keeps messing up and i can find nobody to help ;/. i emailed deathsled last week and still no reply so im freakin out of ideas except to try a different rom maybe i dunno.

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    yeah ive changed the settings in epst to get pandora and youtube working like it did in the beginning and i can get like 3 seconds of a video playing and then it gives me the need to retry error, and pandora plays for about 5 seconds and just skips songs.. like i said i can get mms from verizon customers(which is who ive always had problems with sending/receiving with my last flashed phone) if they forward the message to me it sends with now problem at all but if they just try to send me one it never comes thru.. i love this phone and in the begnning(2 weeks ago) it worked f'n perfectly and i was like wow this is so much bettter than the droid 1 flashed to cricket but now stuff just keeps messing up and i can find nobody to help ;/. i emailed deathsled last week and still no reply so im freakin out of ideas except to try a different rom maybe i dunno.

I am trying Pandora as i am writing this. But I know what you mean its frustrating. Yea Pandora is streaming for me perfectly. what PRL you using? My GPS and navigation works now.

I am trying Pandora as i am writing this. But I know what you mean its frustrating. Yea Pandora is streaming for me perfectly. what PRL you using? My GPS and navigation works now.
    well when i first flashed it i had youtube an pandora working flawlessly but its messed up for some reason now.. i was on 42900 and my signal was crappy all the time so i went to 4399 nationwide and my dl speeds are better and service is much stronger. what about you?

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

I am on 42900 i dont see an issue with speeds, I live in a fairly big city Louisville, KY I will push 4399 on my phone see if i can still stream. If so that would rule out the PRL

I am on 42900 i dont see an issue with speeds, I live in a fairly big city Louisville, KY I will push 4399 on my phone see if i can still stream. If so that would rule out the PRL
    ok sounds good.. can you tell me what your epst settings are when you get a chance? please keep updating, i cant find any help and myabe if we work together we can get it working!! i live in chattanooga,tn which is a fairly big city

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information