Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Yea your only 300 something miles from me hahaha and I am seeing a slight diffrence in my signal maybe a bar. So when you used 42900 it was low signal in areas you should have had more? But all stream apps worked?

EPST----
    DataProfile tab.
    Active Profile 1
    User Name- yournumber@mycricket.com
    SPI_HA12-C
    SPI-AAA-2
    REVERSE TUNNEL- ENABLE
    HOME I.P. 0.0.0.0
    PRIMARY HOME- 68.28.15.12
    SECONDARY HOME- 68.28.31.12
    DSA SERVER-
    https://dsa.spcdns.net:443/dsa/

( Should be the same on yours) ( PER CHRIS LEAVE THIS ALONE!)

Advanced Tab.
    MEID- Specific to phone ( Both Hex and DEC)
    ESN Specific to phone.
    P_REV- IS-2000 (6) sPECIFIC TO PHONE
    SCM- 58
    SLOT MODE ENABLE
    SLOT CYCLE 0
    MCC 310
    MNC-00
    MSID CALL CRICKET TO GET THIS SPECIFIC TO ACCOUNT.
    ACCOLC-2
    VOCODER ENABLE
    EVRC- DISABLE
    HOME ORG- EVRC
    ROAM ORG EVRC
    HOME SYS REG- ENABLE
    FOREIGN SID- ENABLE
    FOREIGN NID- ENABLE
    MN HA SPI- ENABLE
    MN AAA SPI- ENABLE
    HOME SID/NID LEAVE AS IS
    MMS SERVER.
    http://MMS.MYCRICKET.COM/MYCRICKET.MMS.PHP

RTSP PROXY- 554
    RTSP PROXY ADDRE- 0.0.0.0
    HTTP PD PROXY 8085
    ADRESS 0.0.0.0

2. Remove this advertisement.

I am unable to get Jiminy v5 loaded through recovery. I get a scripting error and says I need to use edify scripting to install the Rom. Does anyone know of a Rom that uses edify or a way around this? I got everything to work except incoming mms but my 3g seems like it could be faster. Is there any settings in ##3282# that could be a cause of slow 3g?

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by JDCEVO View Post
    I am unable to get Jiminy v5 loaded through recovery. I get a scripting error and says I need to use edify scripting to install the Rom. Does anyone know of a Rom that uses edify or a way around this? I got everything to work except incoming mms but my 3g seems like it could be faster. Is there any settings in ##3282# that could be a cause of slow 3g?
    Read above is you ##3283# match what I listed above??? It should not give a scripting error. Do you restore with phone unpluged? And restore from SD?

It has been unplugged every time I've tried to restore. I have wiped and cleared all user data through clockwork recovery first but it still fails due to a scripting error. I put Jiminy onto the root and it starts then aborts saying a update to Android changed the scripting. Something with 1.5. All my data fields look to be correct. I'll try again tonight when I'm in front of my computer. Chris recommended to find a older version of clockwork. Not sure if it is in clockwork where the scripting protocol changed.

And yes I restore from SD...

I also read somewhere of a servlet mms link for the mms but u cannot find it anymore. Apn has not worked for me at all either. It has cause more frustration then correction.

So I got Jiminy installed. Had to change in clockwork mod to Alternative Recovery for Amon Ra to take over. Apparently Clockwork is no good!!! Amon Ra ROCKS! Now that I have that working I am onto the mms issues. Just thought I would post that if anyone had this same issue on loading Jiminy Cricket v5! Still confused on how u2nl / autostart works and how to configure if anyone could lay that out a little more clearly that would be appreciated. When I use APN Backup with a modified xml text file I lose all mms capability. Not sure if I am doing it right or what but I have way better luck with doing it manually through ##3282#

Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by JDCEVO View Post
    So I got Jiminy installed. Had to change in clockwork mod to Alternative Recovery for Amon Ra to take over. Apparently Clockwork is no good!!! Amon Ra ROCKS! Now that I have that working I am onto the mms issues. Just thought I would post that if anyone had this same issue on loading Jiminy Cricket v5! Still confused on how u2nl / autostart works and how to configure if anyone could lay that out a little more clearly that would be appreciated. When I use APN Backup with a modified xml text file I lose all mms capability. Not sure if I am doing it right or what but I have way better luck with doing it manually through ##3282#
    so im thinking about dropping down to the 45$ plan if the market and such will still work. my dl speeds seem to be throttled on the evo anyways.. 145kbs down/200up on a good day. and it seems mms is more stable with the u2nl/autostart method. anybody got any input?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I had thought about that too and tried it. My MMS on the Droid 2 with Gingerbread doesn't work on the 45 plan (outgoing), and I can't tether it to my phone while on that.

I really went over this month so my Internet sucks the big one. Market and everything else should work for you still.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I had thought about that too and tried it. My MMS on the Droid 2 with Gingerbread doesn't work on the 45 plan (outgoing), and I can't tether it to my phone while on that.

I really went over this month so my Internet sucks the big one. Market and everything else should work for you still.

damn that sucks.. this is getting ridiculous with crickets mms.. i left jiminycricket for cm7 and now my youtube and pandora work but my data is so freakin slow that youtube takes forever to load.. when i was on my flashed droid 1 i got great speeds so i guess its the stupid evo. anybody gotten mms to work on evo with cm7 flashed?? i recently got my buddies cricket zio and took his apn-conf.xml from /etc directory and put it on my phone and used anycut to look at his apns but he doesnt have any apns so i dunno whats up with that.. i was trying to find his mnc and mcc so i could use those on my phone but couldnt find a file that had em viewable.

ok so i deleted telephony.db and fixed permissions and rebooted and now when i "send" an mms it will actually act like it sends but nobody gets it and if someone sends me one it gives the lil download button to dl it but when i hit it, it just says downloading and never shows anything but my 3g icon does light up both ways so something is happening.. and this is on cm7. im using some tips from the droid 1 mms issue thread at xda that you commented on chris.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I wish I had an EVO for myself laying around so I could troubleshoot the MMS portion. It could be something to do with the mms.apk also. Not sure though. There's a few different things that can be tried and a modified telephony.db is one of them.

Someone in town says they have the Cricket backup and Gingerbread working on an Evo.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Hey Chrisngrod, the instructions you posted look awesome wish I would have seen it before I had someone flash my phone for me, I would like to know if Jiminy IV has issues with the camera settings?? I can't seem to get camera to switch from back to front.. any thoughts?? also my data section of what you posted has none of the information you have listed but everything works internet, mms, text etc... should I just leave it alone or change it? I no nothing about flashing phones, but never afraid to try something new but just not sure if it's needed at this point since it's working. I do get some weird registration error once in a while but he guy that flashed it said he had a reg program to fix so I guess I will get that and see what happens.

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Walter View Post
    also my data section of what you posted has none of the information you have listed but everything works internet, mms, text etc... should I just leave it alone or change it? ... I do get some weird registration error ...
    Can you share what those settings are? I'm having some speed issues with my phone, and am trying every alternative method I can to improve them. If yours work, I'd like to give them a shot

Also, on your registration error, if I had to guess I'd say it's not having Simple set under Mobile IP in QPST. What exactly are the error messages?

Thanks,
    Chris

I have a question. My phone is flashed, and everything works except MMS. I have read and saved from phone using qpst and saved the prl that seems to be working for me. If i root the phone can i just use qpst to load all those settings I have saved from before? Also, will that possibly fix the no MMS problem? If you need any info about my phone pls let me know, I wouldn't know where to begin. Thanks for the help!

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information