Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 8.0%

3G disappeared - received *228 text

i live in south tx, last night my 3G disappeared.. this morn i received a text telling me to dial *228 for a "REQUIRED" system update. not sure if i should dial it.

just called it.. got activation screen.. said number was incorrect.. and then i got a dialog screen that said i wasnt activated and to dial *228 from somewhere with better coverage.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Try to write the qpst settings again

Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch

Overall activity: 8.0%

anyone who's having a similar issue, where all of a sudden your 3G icon is gone and all you get is 1x. Try this..

I can't get 3G, only 1X. HELP! - CyanogenMod Forum

seems practical, and even though my phone was already set to "automatic", re-setting it to "automatic" seems to have fixed it.
    everything seems back to normal. 3G icon reappeared almost instantly and notifications came in.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

here's the instructions..

I had the same problem today, but looks like I was able to get my 3g working. Ran across
    another thread

where they mentioned going into the DATA settings (##3282#) and changing the EVDO setting from "CDMA" to "Automatic."

On CM7 I first used MSL Reader from the market to get my MSL/password, performed a backup using ClockworkMod, and then restored back to my default Sense image. (##3282# doesn't work from CM7). I then made the EVDO change from CDMA to Automatic, and then restored my CM7 image using ClockworkMod once again.

This time I now get my usual 3g indicator, instead of the 1x indicator I was getting originally.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffft... nevermind.

Thread Information