Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Already flashed activation issue

I'll try and be as specific as I can.

Sprint Evo 4G, rooted with Mikg 2.61 Sense ROM

I don't have a Cricket account yet, but I did manage to flash over to the Cricket network -- it appears that way to me anyway. If I dial *611, I get the "Sorry your phone is not yet activated ... " message. I think it's flashed over because I was getting the Sprint activation message before.

Well, I wound up calling Cricket customer service four times.

The first time I didn't divulge any information other than what the rep asked for which was my ESN. I provided that information and the account setup process continued until the very end when the rep told me that my phone could not be activated and I needed to find a retailer nearby. I figured it was because I didn't tell him upfront that I had a flashed phone. So the second time I called, I flat out told the rep that I was trying to open a new account and activate a flashed Evo 4G. Everything seem to be going well until we got disconnected. The third time I called, I told the rep the same thing ... new account, flashed Evo 4G blah blah blah, only this time the rep told me that it couldn't be activated because they didn't have the technology yet; that was quite baffling to me. I didn't argue with this rep because I already had to repeat myself numerous times. I called a fourth time but no reps were available which led me to creating this post.

I followed the flashing tutorial and checked my settings several times. I entered my directory # as 0000000000 and my NAI as 0000000000@mycricket.com in QPST since I don't have a Cricket phone number yet. Where I think the issue may lie is that I had my Evo on a Sprint family data plan but since I was the only one with a data phone, I dropped it from the plan and replaced it with an LG Rumor2 -- I got tired of paying too much and switched to a lower plan because I still need a phone. If I can get my Evo activated I will gladly drop my phone from Sprint since I only need one phone.

Is the reason I can't activate my phone because I have an active line with Sprint that is the same phone number the Evo used to have? I feel like I'm competent enough to flash this thing myself without needing a retailer to do it and that's the only thing I can come up with. Any ideas?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

You'll need to visit a store. If you activate it over the phone you'll get paygo (unless thats what you want). You have to pay for the first month of service so you'll need to do this at a store. THATS why you cant activate your phone. You dont have an account.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    You'll need to visit a store. If you activate it over the phone you'll get paygo (unless thats what you want). You have to pay for the first month of service so you'll need to do this at a store. THATS why you cant activate your phone. You dont have an account.
    Thank you so much for your quick response. I will do that and report back with an update.

Well after countless searching, I have not been able to find a full-service Cricket store near my area. All I can find are authorized sellers and payment stores -- neither of which do activation's for flashed phones. From the reception coverage Cricket's website claims I'll get it surprises me that there are no full-service stores near me even though I live close to a metro area.

Just in case I'm blind and completely missed something, here's my zipcode: 75115

Also, I don't have any issue with using Paygo, but even then I could not get the phone activated. I've tried through the website, the automated phone help, and customer service.
    Last edited by internalrage37; 01-18-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Phone
    Evo 4g

You can call 611 and activate a new line over the phone, but you need a card to do so. They ask for the first months bill in advance. Customer service wont be much help for you programming your phone. All you need to do is ask them for you phone number and MSID number.
    Once you have confirmed that your service is now active hang up. Dail ##000000# hit edit and type the same number sequence in. Then enter your phone number and Msid in the matching fields, hit menu and commit changers, restart phone and boom you should have talk and text, then just redo qpst and follow http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html
    Last edited by dnc8808; 01-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by internalrage37 View Post
    Well after countless searching, I have not been able to find a full-service Cricket store near my area. All I can find are authorized sellers and payment stores -- neither of which do activation's for flashed phones. From the reception coverage Cricket's website claims I'll get it surprises me that there are no full-service stores near me even though I live close to a metro area.

Just in case I'm blind and completely missed something, here's my zipcode: 75115

Also, I don't have any issue with using Paygo, but even then I could not get the phone activated. I've tried through the website, the automated phone help, and customer service.
    Don't go to a full service location. The Cricket-owned stores usually won't work on flashed phones. (And when they do they screw all sorts of things up because they aren't trained to deal with non-cricket devices.) Call up one of those Authorized dealer's and see if they could help you out. You just need to pay the connection fee and the first month of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    Don't go to a full service location. The Cricket-owned stores usually won't work on flashed phones. (And when they do they screw all sorts of things up because they aren't trained to deal with non-cricket devices.) Call up one of those Authorized dealer's and see if they could help you out. You just need to pay the connection fee and the first month of service.
    Ok, I decided to got this route but I'm not sure if it's the right one.

I went to my nearest Dollar General and purchased a cheap ... and I mean cheap Cricket phone so I could at least have an account. The phone is activated and I have a number.

Can I use the phone number from that phone for my Evo 4G or should I just leave my number at 0000000000 in QPST and call customer service?

Also the only plans available for this phone were $25 or $35 Paygo.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dnc8808 View Post
    You can call 611 and activate a new line over the phone, but you need a card to do so. They ask for the first months bill in advance. Customer service wont be much help for you programming your phone. All you need to do is ask them for you phone number and MSID number.
    Once you have confirmed that your service is now active hang up. Dail ##000000# hit edit and type the same number sequence in. Then enter your phone number and Msid in the matching fields, hit menu and commit changers, restart phone and boom you should have talk and text, then just redo qpst and follow http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html
    I have been trying the 611 thing with different prl's because sometimes with some I'll get Sprint and with others I'll get a message about my account not being validated, but I still don't know if that's what I'm supposed to hear if I'm on the Cricket network.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Sprint does not use *611 for their customer service call. Try *2. It will either connect you to OTA programming or customer service.

As long as you have a Cricket PRL in the phone, *2 will connect you to Cricket's system and not Sprints....
    Last edited by short6in; 01-19-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Added Clarification about PRL

Phone
    Evo 4g

whenever you hear anything about cricket whether your calling 611 or *2 your on there network either that or you can call from different line to 1800cricket. as long as you anything besides sprint you should be good lol

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I don't where I'm going wrong, but I just can't seem get to this Evo activated for Cricket. I followed all the steps in the tutorial and have tried different prls. I just got off the phone with customer service and they tell it can't be activated because it's old. What the hell does that mean?! It's an Evo 4G like hundreds of others and it works for them; I don't get it.

Now I'm starting to think that the Dallas area isn't for Cricket yet they show the best coverage on their map compared to MetroPCS and Boost.

Where am I going wrong? It's really frustrating me right now.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by internalrage37 View Post
    I don't where I'm going wrong, but I just can't seem get to this Evo activated for Cricket. I followed all the steps in the tutorial and have tried different prls. I just got off the phone with customer service and they tell it can't be activated because it's old. What the hell does that mean?! It's an Evo 4G like hundreds of others and it works for them; I don't get it.

Now I'm starting to think that the Dallas area isn't for Cricket yet they show the best coverage on their map compared to MetroPCS and Boost.

Where am I going wrong? It's really frustrating me right now.
    Sounds like the rep is being lazy! Did you try *2? What did that do? Also, are you trying to have the put on the account you activated for the PayGo phone or trying to open a new account with a new phone number?

Most of the time, most reps will not allow you to put an Android based phone on a PayGo account and they will make up an excuse instead of just saying, "I'm Sorry, unfortunately, I can't put an Android based phone on a PayGo account."

If you could PM me the MEID, I will check to verify it can in fact be activated. However, I cannot actually activate the MEID. Please do NOT include any personal information as I do not need it.

I will PM you the results of my query of Cricket's database
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Customer Since
    12/2009

The same problem, was wondering if you could help....Im in the SAME location.

Im having the same problem as well, I cant access crickets tower or customer service (611)....I too am in dallas, your help is greatly valued and appreciated!

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

I can activate your phones PM me for details

Banned

Customer Since
    Spet 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

internalrage37 do you even have android plan in your market area bcuz i checked out mycricket wit ur zipcode and all u guys get is muve music $45 and $55 plan and mobile plan $25 and $35. and for this phone to work u need the android plan. if im not mistaken cricket will not activate android phones under paygo and will not activate flashed phones under muve msuic.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

GreenK45 will fix you up if your on the $45

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information