Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Anyone else have working 4g??

At the moment, I am amazed! My cricket flashed evo 4g has working 4g service. I have the FFC speed test app downloaded and I'm getting close to 8mb download speed and about 3mb upload speed. I didn't think that 4g worked on cricket flashed devices?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'm thinking that your phone was recently taken off of Sprint. Usually it takes longer for them to remove your 4G profile from the system. Unfortunately there's a slim chance that it will continue to work for more than a month.

For those that don't have 4G and want it, as long as you are not blacklisted, you should be able to get service through Clear.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Touch pro2, Evo 4g

Yea. I believe chrisngrod is right, I would enjoy the 4G while it last. I had 4G on my Evo but it was through a mod with Clearwire.

I will def take of advantage of it working lol!

What I find strange about this though, I flashed the phone in july and I've tried several times in the past to connect to 4g and it would never connect, it would say connecting to sprint and then recycle the scanning and would constantly do that. I was really confused as of why it just all of a sudden started working. Awhile back I changed some wimax settings to clearewire-wmx.net in EPST I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Also I would like to give this critical piece of information that I forgot to mention. I originally purchased this phone from ebay that had a bad esn. When I received the phone in the mail I noticed that the usb port had been broken off and someone attempted to resolder it themselves and had ruined the board to a no repair state. I then bought a brand new motherboard and installed it, so basically this phone has never been activated on sprint. Now that I'm looking back I have not tried to connect to 4g with the new board until the other night when I created this post. I was trying to connect while the old board was still in the phone. I would be ecstatic if this 4g service continues to work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Flare106; 09-25-2011 at 05:54 PM.

How did you get yours working. I get "Connected" when turning on my 4G but then when I try and use the internet it won't ping the cricket servers. any idea's

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtech View Post
    How did you get yours working. I get "Connected" when turning on my 4G but then when I try and use the internet it won't ping the cricket servers. any idea's
    ^ it was luck.

ALERT ALERT This just in. We have discovered that Cricket DOES NOT HAVE WiMax networks. Stay tuned for further "broken" news....

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    ^ it was luck.

ALERT ALERT This just in. We have discovered that Cricket DOES NOT HAVE WiMax networks. Stay tuned for further "broken" news....

What does that mean?
    Does mean that Verizon LTE.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    ^ it was luck.

yes I understand this... thanks for the clarification... I must be more clear about what I'm getting at, maybe then you might be able to point me in the correct direction

Sprint and Cricket have there agreement that allows cricket to use the towers. I'm wondering if there is a way that we could re-program the 4G to work with a sub-company or another company that offers only 4G. Not sure what company's there would be out there, I'm still researching that.

If we can get 4G working on another pre-paid service with the cricket internet working, then we would have a huge powerhouse for mobile connectivity. It is also my understanding that Cricket DOSE offer 4G LTE in Texas and Arizona. I have not seen anything on the cricket website under there coverage maps, my guess is that it is still in beta testing at the company.

Please let me know if I'm grabbing at ghost straws or if there maybe a possible way to reach this goal. I currently have the HTC 4G Evo on MikRom 3.11 running Gingerbread rom 2.3.5 with MMS, WAP, GPS, APPS, And everything else in between working. I have the Cricket Unlimited Plan ($45.00).

Thanks in advanced for all your help and keep up the good work.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Sorry about the sarcasm. It just all sounded funny.

IF your MAC address for your WiMax radio hasn't been banned (usually due to theft or unpaid account I believe), you should be able to get a Clear account (
    Wireless Internet — Mobile 4G Wireless Internet Access from CLEAR

) and get 4G.

I'm pressed for time so I hope I covered most of your post.

Yes u have thank you. I just contacted clear and apparently they do not have service in Colorado Springs... U wouldn't know of any other companys would u.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by shadowtech; 04-20-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think Sprint would have blacklisted it. Call and ask Clear if it's good for activation.

My Mac address is showing unknown ... Wonder why... Any ideas

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I thought I remembered something about certain ROMs not having 4G working and other problems. You'll probably have to research that on XDA.

If I remember correctly this from should have 4G working on it ... Ill let u know. I'm going to look in to it further

Okay 4G is working. I got the Mac address but the company is saying that I need to buy one of there devices to connect to there service.

Not sure how I'm going to be able to get around that. Any suggestions are welcome.

I've also asked where they cover and apparently they don't even cover Colorado springs. There trying to get towers here. Do u know of any other providers that would activate the 4G account.??? With out having to buy there "devices"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information