Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

lyrical1278

Can't keep 3G (EVDO)

So I am flashed in Chicago. After some storms yesterday (June 15 2011) I suddenly cannot keep a 3G signal at all and I live on the southside.

I have reflashed, changed radios, changed PRLs, but I cannot keep a 3G signal unless I am in a wide open area outside. It's like my 3G is suddenly acting like a 4G signal. Outside, I can get 2 MAYBE 3 bars of 3G, go inside and I can barely keep a 1X signal.

I have an Evo running MikG BTW. And everything was running fine up until the 15th when it stormed really bad.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

What prl are you using and what plan ate you on? I'm on Mikg but my YouTube is not working. I'm on 45 plan

Send from my HTC EVO on MikG v1.04

lyrical1278

I got PRL 45513 with the $55 plan

Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Is your youtube working?

Overall activity: 0%

im actually on mikg as well and i had the same problem last night 6/17 where i lost my 3g and i restored an old back up of mikg from before i had added anything to it and finally i have my 3g back today but its very weak.. it goes to 1x a lot and now my mms isnt sending, i can receive but not send, also i cant get my youtube to work either.. i really like this rom though..

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    im actually on mikg as well and i had the same problem last night 6/17 where i lost my 3g and i restored an old back up of mikg from before i had added anything to it and finally i have my 3g back today but its very weak.. it goes to 1x a lot and now my mms isnt sending, i can receive but not send, also i cant get my youtube to work either.. i really like this rom though..
    I use MikG v 1.04 and its awesome! Haven't had any issues with it except last night with the 3G outage but now everything is back up. Have you tried updating to the latest PRL? Also I would check your ##Data# settings I know it changed my mms server to sprints so I had to convert it back to crickets

Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mendoza View Post
    I use MikG v 1.04 and its awesome! Haven't had any issues with it except last night with the 3G outage but now everything is back up. Have you tried updating to the latest PRL? Also I would check your ##Data# settings I know it changed my mms server to sprints so I had to convert it back to crickets
    Is your YouTube working?

Send from my HTC EVO on MikG v1.04

Go over the data settings, they may have been reset.

Ok so I'm having what seems to be same symptoms as the outage on friday.. 3g is gone but in phone status it says its connected.. I'm in chattanooga,tn.. tries many different things and can't get my 3g to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    Ok so I'm having what seems to be same symptoms as the outage on friday.. 3g is gone but in phone status it says its connected.. I'm in chattanooga,tn.. tries many different things and can't get my 3g to come back.
    It's probably the same outage many are experiencing: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...6-19-11-a.html

Thread Information