Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Cricket Won't Activate Flashed Phone

I have flashed a couple of EVO's to Cricket for friends without a problem. I had to call customer service and get an actual rep on the phone, give them an address in GA (apparently flashed phones can't be activated in my area), and then manually program the EVO. Both work with no issues. Well, I tried to do another one recently and I cannot get through to a rep like before. It always says one is not available. When I finally kept hitting buttons and did talk to someone, I was told that flashed phones can only be activated at a store. Is this a recent change in Cricket policy or what? There are no Cricket stores near me at all (12804 zip code) and I know how to do it so there is no sense paying someone else. Can anybody shed some light on this for me as it is quite frustrating. Thanks!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Look like there no home area cricket in your zip code. Its all roaming. Your zip code for activating a phones needs to be in a local cricket area.

Phone
    Droid 3, Droid X2

dont tell them its a flashed phone just say its a ZTE or something lol

I know the home zip code is roaming but I have used a hybrid PRL with success on two different flashed phones and these phones are still in use and working well. When I used to get a hold of Cricket I would give them an address in Savannah, GA so the numbers had a different area code than my home area code but the people I was doing it for didn't care. Now, I can't even get through to a rep. Any other suggestions?

You're right, flashed phones can't be activated in your area. You shouldn't be using an address in another state to get around it. Flashed phones aren't available for a reason.

For now, it's best to get a Cricket phone and use that.

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

It's weird because when I used cricket years ago (when they first came out, again) I could not get any cricket rep in store or over phone to activate a flashed phone on my line.

My friend called cust service the other day and they activated the phone on his line with no problem... well of course for the $15.

I am just at least glad they dont turn you away like they used to.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by bwilde83 View Post
    I know the home zip code is roaming but I have used a hybrid PRL with success on two different flashed phones and these phones are still in use and working well. When I used to get a hold of Cricket I would give them an address in Savannah, GA so the numbers had a different area code than my home area code but the people I was doing it for didn't care. Now, I can't even get through to a rep. Any other suggestions?
    Things have changed. Cricket is a lot more strict about what phones can be activated where. You aren't in a cricket coverage area, youre in a partner area, so they are not going to let you just do whatever.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Vitality

Help my phone

Can u flash my samsung nexus to cricket for 100$?

Quote Originally Posted by DjManny View Post
    Can u flash my samsung nexus to cricket for 100$?
    Cricket Users offers Remote Flashing. Check out the following link for more information: Store

I'm very confused with the flashing policy from Cricket, I bought a working Backberry that was flashed to Cricket, when I called to activate I was told that the phone could not be used in my market (zip code 98272), however the thing was working before, I had to buy a ZTE Chrorus, can't say I'm 100% happy with it, it could be more user wrongdoing than equipment, but this thing changes wallpapers by itself, can not set Google as my home, did not bring a manual to use the music player, etc. I read somewhere else that I had to activate the blackberry as a M900 or 600 model in order to work, the phone rep knew nothing about this. Does anyone know if I can switch my services to the blackberry? and then I'll have a ZTE Chorus with less than a week of use for sale

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by qban33 View Post
    I'm very confused with the flashing policy from Cricket, I bought a working Backberry that was flashed to Cricket, when I called to activate I was told that the phone could not be used in my market (zip code 98272), however the thing was working before, I had to buy a ZTE Chrorus, can't say I'm 100% happy with it, it could be more user wrongdoing than equipment, but this thing changes wallpapers by itself, can not set Google as my home, did not bring a manual to use the music player, etc. I read somewhere else that I had to activate the blackberry as a M900 or 600 model in order to work, the phone rep knew nothing about this. Does anyone know if I can switch my services to the blackberry? and then I'll have a ZTE Chorus with less than a week of use for sale
    Policy is simple. Flashed phones are allowed in Cricket home markets. Youre not in one so no flashed phones.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Policy is simple. Flashed phones are allowed in Cricket home markets. Youre not in one so no flashed phones.
    That's the confusing part, this thing was active in the same market, I used it, tested it, etc. This person had the $55 plan. Thanks for the reply, so far the service has been ok, some of my text messages don't get sent until hours later and at times I have no coverage at my location, other Sprint phones have coverage at the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by qban33 View Post
    That's the confusing part, this thing was active in the same market, I used it, tested it, etc. This person had the $55 plan. Thanks for the reply, so far the service has been ok, some of my text messages don't get sent until hours later and at times I have no coverage at my location, other Sprint phones have coverage at the same spot.
    Flashed phones aren't allowed in some markets (including yours), but they can still work. It's just like if the speed limit is 50 MPH. You "can" go over it, your car will allow it, but it is breaking the law. In this case, it's against Cricket's policy, but it still works.

Hey guys!!

I have a question about getting my evo 4g activated with cricket after I have flashed it to cricket. My question is, If I do not have a cricket account with a phone number (MDN) and MIN what do I put into QPST when I am flashing the phone?

I called cricket and the lady on the phone told me that I would need to give her a MEID for my phone and they would give me a MDN and MIN number.

Do I give them the MEID number from my phone? Will they give me the MDN and MIN number I need after I set up the account?

Has anybody else went through this process?

Thank you for your time everybody!!

Quote Originally Posted by Austiego View Post
    Hey guys!!

I have a question about getting my evo 4g activated with cricket after I have flashed it to cricket. My question is, If I do not have a cricket account with a phone number (MDN) and MIN what do I put into QPST when I am flashing the phone?

I called cricket and the lady on the phone told me that I would need to give her a MEID for my phone and they would give me a MDN and MIN number.

Do I give them the MEID number from my phone? Will they give me the MDN and MIN number I need after I set up the account?

Has anybody else went through this process?

Thank you for your time everybody!!
    I would just activate it with Cricket to get the MDN and MIN, and then finish the process using QPST.

I don't flash phones, so it might be best to wait for another reply, but that is what I would do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information