Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: evo on cricket

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore md
    Posts
    1



    evo on cricket

    I have a optiums c on cricket so im on the 55 a month plan. I live in a triband area and a local guy said he could put a evo on cricket for me and it will work in the area and just use my optimus phone. My thing is how wil data speeds be? I have a epic on boost an its fast internet but goes in and out with data (i had it remotely done) and i can't use google voicemail on it like. I can on cricket so i use cricket. How much is it to do on here remotely so should i take it to the local guy?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone27 View Post
    I have a optiums c on cricket so im on the 55 a month plan. I live in a triband area and a local guy said he could put a evo on cricket for me and it will work in the area and just use my optimus phone. My thing is how wil data speeds be? I have a epic on boost an its fast internet but goes in and out with data (i had it remotely done) and i can't use google voicemail on it like. I can on cricket so i use cricket. How much is it to do on here remotely so should i take it to the local guy?
    Please don't use a flashed phone in your area, it hurts Cricket and it will come back to hurt you. You will be eventually disconnected for it, as this causes constant roaming on sprint, and ends up costing cricket a small fortune.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Please don't use a flashed phone in your area, it hurts Cricket and it will come back to hurt you. You will be eventually disconnected for it, as this causes constant roaming on sprint, and ends up costing cricket a small fortune.
    Finally I have someone on my side!

    I think it's ripping off Cricket. Then, some people say that Cricket is using Sprint's network in some areas, but from what I've heard, the phone selection will be more limited, and there aren't unlimited plans (at least not yet). So, getting an Evo on the $55 plan that is just going to be roaming on Sprint all the time isn't so nice.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Finally I have someone on my side!

    I think it's ripping off Cricket. Then, some people say that Cricket is using Sprint's network in some areas, but from what I've heard, the phone selection will be more limited, and there aren't unlimited plans (at least not yet). So, getting an Evo on the $55 plan that is just going to be roaming on Sprint all the time isn't so nice.
    They will eventually cut you down to this 4P5 plan, which you cannot change at all, and then after that you're going to be disconnected. I think 1-2 months is the most you'll be able to get away with.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    They will eventually cut you down to this 4P5 plan, which you cannot change at all, and then after that you're going to be disconnected. I think 1-2 months is the most you'll be able to get away with.
    What is that plan exactly? I've never heard about it before.

    What about people using the $45 plan with a smartphone? Have they caught on to that yet?

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    What is that plan exactly? I've never heard about it before.

    What about people using the $45 plan with a smartphone? Have they caught on to that yet?
    To answer your first question it's a plan they stick you on if you abuse the free roaming (over 50% of the time outside of a "home market"). You cannot change rate plans when they put you on this plan.

    For the second question, I don't really think it effects them too much if it's not a Cricket branded phone, of course it's better for them for you on the $55, and they want us to push a $55 plan or higher since they make no profit at all with the lower plans.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    To answer your first question it's a plan they stick you on if you abuse the free roaming (over 50% of the time outside of a "home market"). You cannot change rate plans when they put you on this plan.

    For the second question, I don't really think it effects them too much if it's not a Cricket branded phone, of course it's better for them for you on the $55, and they want us to push a $55 plan or higher since they make no profit at all with the lower plans.
    I have a Cricket branded phone (Huawei Ascend) and I'd like to get the $45 plan but I don't really want to get it if I'm not supposed to. I'll wait until they add more plans on their website.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I have a Cricket branded phone (Huawei Ascend) and I'd like to get the $45 plan but I don't really want to get it if I'm not supposed to. I'll wait until they add more plans on their website.
    Why would you want to do that though?

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Why would you want to do that though?
    I would do it to save $10 each month.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner