Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

EVO only doing 1xRTT, no 3G/EVDO, any ideas?

Ok, let me try to sum up the back story quickly. I have 2 EVOs and a TXTM8 3G...

Old EVO worked for 2 months, then had upload and send/receive call issues. After WAY too much time troubleshooting it I'm 99% sure the transmit part of the radio is going bad, or has some sort of issue/bug I'm unable to fix.

Then I used the TXTM8 for a few weeks just to have a working phone, send/receive calls worked great, the web on it is kinda crummy compared to the EVO, but it worked.

I got another EVO off eBay and switched my account to it yesterday. Send/receive calls is great, but data is slow. Speed test.net's app shows that my network is "1xRTT". (reminder: 3G icon on the EVOs stock ROM is a liar, and will show "3G" always, so I trust the speed test app over it on this)
    My old EVO is able to piggyback on my Cricket account and get data
    (see Chris' guide of doing it with a MiFi: http://www.cricketusers.com/mobile-b...thly-fees.html ... the same, apparently, can be done with an Android phone
    and that old EVO.... while it has upload problems, and sometimes the tests fail... when they are successful, the downs are pretty decent, and the "network" shows as "EvdoA".

PRL? Yes they had different ones, when I do *228 on my new EVO it downloads 35513, old EVO is sporting 45772.
    Used QPST to export 45772 from old, imported it to new, same issue, new still runs at 1x.

Tried comparing settings in QPST of both phones, making sure that they were set the same for all things that might make a difference, still stuck on 1x.

Checked ##data#, made sure both phones were the same in there (most/all of these settings can be done via QPST anyways I think, but I checked anyways)

Tried *228 again just a few min ago, and still getting PRL 35513, which seems kind of odd... because according to my notes, when I was troubleshooting the old EVO back in May, *228 downloaded PRL 45513... so not sure about that...

But 2 phones, same network, and when using the same PRL, different speeds... any ideas?

Something to be aware of; my new EVO is not rooted. It came with the latest hboot which has not been broken yet. I do not believe this in-it-self could cause my 1x issue, BUT, it limits what I can do to work on it (no flashing PRI/radios/ROMs, can't muck with the Android OS files, and so on).

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Try 45513. 35513 is definitely from like later half of last year.

2.3.3 is definitely not causing your 1x problems. I'm on a 3D with 3g. I'd even go for the hybrid 45513. Which app is this? Just the normal Speed Test app?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris!

Loaded "45513hybridMyCricketForumDotCom.prl", got weaker signal strength (3-4 bars vs 5-6), higher ping, lower speeds, app says I'm on 1xRTT

yes, using good old speedtest.net app. Tried the FCC speed test app as well, it also gives me the awful pings (500+) and awful speeds (mid 100 up/down), but it does not say if you're on 1x or EVDO, just "cell".

I think it's weird Cricket is pushing the older PRL to me now, but not sure how that is decided upon, and not sure anything in my account could really be "wrong" with the other phone successfully running EVDO

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quick update, did a factory reset on the phone, still running at 1xRTT :/

Phone
    HTC EVO

Woot!

aaaannd it's fixed!

Not sure why I didn't do this sooner, but I took a backup using QPST of my old EVO, and loaded that on to the new one, and I'm getting pings under 100, downs around 1000 kbps, ups around 500 kbps.
    Now THIS is living!

I just... have no idea what in QPST was causing the problem. I eyeballed the two to make sure both were set the same, but oh well, don't matter, I'm up and running!!!

Now if only someone could root the latest hboot... but that's another topic
    Last edited by piercedgeek; 07-18-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: fixed typo

So I see it happened to you too, please help me because Im in the same boat as you

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    aaaannd it's fixed!

Not sure why I didn't do this sooner, but I took a backup using QPST of my old EVO, and loaded that on to the new one, and I'm getting pings under 100, downs around 1000 kbps, ups around 500 kbps.
    Now THIS is living!

I just... have no idea what in QPST was causing the problem. I eyeballed the two to make sure both were set the same, but oh well, don't matter, I'm up and running!!!

Now if only someone could root the latest hboot... but that's another topic
    I am having the same problem, can you upload your qpst file for us?

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

I am also having same issue, so please sure your QPST!

Phone
    Samsung Epic

Bro you have got to share that prl. It is no where on the web and my phone is definitely dialing up to the web on prl 35513.

Maybe someone can help me as well. I can only receive talk and text on my Evo but thats it. Not to mention my 3G icon flashes for a hot second then goes away and it just keeps doin that. What exactly am I doing wrong here?? I did the #228 and all that but nothing!

I had the same problem with the 3g just flashing and what i did was got on qpst and redid everything also i didnt have my min number the first time i did it wich luckly worked but only for talk and text...i would suggest just go back to qpst and bouble check everything pr; and min mainly.

Thread Information