Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    epic 4g touch

Question flashed evo 4g random reboot

I got a evo 4g of eBay that was fully flashed to cricket, tried to switch my service over but The phone would randomly reboot, didn't have much com with the seller. So I looked into fixing the problem myself did as much research as I could and flashed the phone myself, but it still reboots on. Its own I tried resetting the phone to stock,formatting everything before flashing, pretty much every thing I could find but no luck. Call an txt work mms too,but when I go to the android market It reboots or try to go online it reboots and whole charging or diagnostic mode.. The call and text is off on my old phone but i can still tether and use data idk if that might have something to do with it.(its a ascend. With. Cm7) I opened a case against the seller but just wanted to know if there might be some other way to fix this, any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    EVO 3D

I was told today as long as your old phone is set and programmed with your number it will receive data. I find this kind of... unsecure. You would think once they switch the associated MEID it would cut off authorization on your old handset. Here is what could be the cause of the issue; Replication takes time over any amount of servers. It may just take time to replicate from that CSR's local network out to the other servers in the domain. Perhaps giving it time, will stop the data from flowing to the old handset.

As far as the phone I'm to new to say if the rebooting is a hardware issue or a programming issue. I would try and call cricket again and see if they can look into your account, or talk to services here and see if they can look at your account. If I understood you went back to the stock rom?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

It is a hardware issue. I had a phone with the same issue and no matter what I did to it, it would still reboot. I think it has to do something with RAM on the phone.
    Last edited by Dina; 01-03-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    epic 4g touch

Yea, seems to be that way, I ordered a different one that just came in today. Everything was fine untilled I took the SD out and put mine in and bam reboot. City only happens when the phone is booting up not in hboot the SD was new and only had gruesome wipe and fresh rom cuz both phones are 2.3 and wont install jiminy and apnbackup an anycut but that's it. Im done with em sending them back and getting a merc. Just sucks :/

Overall activity: 11.0%

Phone
    curve and evo

sometimes it better to sell a phone and get a nother tomuch time can go in to tring to fix issues in phones when others arnt having a similar experiance.

Thread Information