Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone
    EVO 4G Project

Flashed EVO 4g in St. Louis (AWS Market) and its working... almost

so we flashed the phone, setup ESN on the account text messaging is working perfectly (not mms yet) we can call 611 and we get welcome to cricket.

3g internet works perfectly

when we place a call however we get a slow busy signal. if we can get this thing working 100% in an AWS market we will happily prove and help support others in AWS markets. anyone have a fix?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by sudogreg View Post
    so we flashed the phone, setup ESN on the account text messaging is working perfectly (not mms yet) we can call 611 and we get welcome to cricket.

3g internet works perfectly

when we place a call however we get a slow busy signal. if we can get this thing working 100% in an AWS market we will happily prove and help support others in AWS markets. anyone have a fix?
    I would not recommend doing that.

The Evo is not compatible with Cricket in AWS markets. It is probably roaming on Sprint, which would basically be ripping Cricket off because you're not using Cricket's native network most of the time, you'd be roaming. It's kind of like using Cricket's $45 plan on an Android phone. It might work, but Cricket is losing money because of it. So, I don't recommend it.

Remember, if you roam too much on Sprint (I think it's more than 50% of your usage) your account can be terminated. I definitely wouldn't recommend selling the phone in an AWS market because if your customers get terminated they might be upset with you, and that could cause a problem.

-Avenue

Phone
    EVO 4G Project

we wont be selling this phone for sure. we are simply doing this for internal project purposes. if we were roaming on sprint, would i not get the cricket messages when doing a 611, or *611, i always get cricket messages (asking because i am not sure) we will NOT be selling phones flashed around here, for exactly your reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sudogreg View Post
    we wont be selling this phone for sure. we are simply doing this for internal project purposes. if we were roaming on sprint, would i not get the cricket messages when doing a 611, or *611, i always get cricket messages (asking because i am not sure) we will NOT be selling phones flashed around here, for exactly your reason.
    I think you would receive Crickets message, even when roaming. It is set up that way so if customers need customer service when roaming it will work. AWS runs on the 1700 and I believe the 2100 bands. I really don't think the Evo has those bands.

In the future, Cricket will be selling service nationwide. When that happens, I don't know if flashed phones will work in AWS markets. We will see.

Phone
    Nexus S 4g

I have a nexus s running in an aws network with everything working.

Quote Originally Posted by bmckinney212 View Post
    I have a nexus s running in an aws network with everything working.
    It might be working now, but from what I've heard after a while Cricket will move you to another plan (which you can't switch from) and you will eventually be disconnected. You really need to use a Cricket phone in your area. If you want to use a Sprint phone you can look into Sprint, or Boost Mobile if they're still allowing Sprint phones to be activated.

Thread Information