Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    EVO 3D

Question Flashed my EVO 4G and switched to the phone but...

So I bought a EVO 4G off of EBay. I noticed my radioband wasnt supported by revoked3 so I used revolution. I then manually installed super user which went fine. Called cricket CSR's and had them switch my phone. I can now make calls and recieve using the 1040 PRL I got from corolada.com (using 1040 as I read it was universal)

Im located in Lincoln, NE.

Youtube is working, etc, but Im confused on a few things....

First my old phone is still powered on and it seems to be receiving data from my account still this evening. Does it take a while for it to completely merge, or did the CSR do something wrong? (no its not on my wi-fi, my wifie is disabled on the old handset)

I also noticed the network is flaky at times, which always happened on my Windows based Touch Pro that was flashed. Is there a different PRL anyone suggests? Is PRL 1040 the best one for my area?

I do not see a 3G logo in the task bar up top, am I supposed to?

I should mention Im on stock ROM as suggested by a developer.

Thanks, and as soon as I'm done im willing to help anyone who needs help with the is model. Also thank you to all the developers, and pioneers who helped pave the path. Without that major write up tutorial on here (and video on youtube) I would have never got as far as I did.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

In coverage area if there are diagonal lines on ur area then use are in aws or triband. U will need hybrid prl and which plan are u on. Old phone keep getting data because ur old #here@mycricket.com is still in it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 3D

Unless anything has changed I think my area is hybrid, dual and tri-band. Does anyone have a PRL suggestion for my area, or is there anyway to lookup which one to use?

I am still on the $55 plan. I kept my same phone number, its a popular business number for my techshop here in town.

With the old phone, shouldn't the MEID be disassociated with the account excluding permissions for data being received?

I now see 3G Data moving.

PRL suggestions?
    Last edited by cnewman402; 01-02-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Old phone does matter because it will receive data no matter what u do. What prl do have on ur old phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 3D

Good question! Thanks. 45513 which I do not see listed on Corolada. Is it possible to extract the PRL off this old handset? Sorry im a total phreak noob.

Well it looks like the network pushed out a new PRL to the phone when I activated it with *228. Interesting enough the old one has 45513 but the new one has 35513. I kind of wonder what the difference is. I was just celebrating when I got it on the network and didn't watch the messages from the network.

Thanks Avillal87!
    Last edited by cnewman402; 01-02-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Thread Information