Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Flashing roms

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Evo 4g

Flashing roms

I finally got mms working, but am bored with 2.2. I have been looking at Sense and ICS roms, but was wondering if i were to flash any rom, would i end up losing my configuration settings, or would they carry over? Right now im on Jiminy V.

2. Remove this advertisement.

you could try MikG his roms are great i have his latest 3.0, he also has a 3D rom also.

Phone
    EVO 4G

I already did it. I tried to just flash the rom over to a ICS 4.0.3 Rom and it would not work. Just kepts rebooting. I then wiped everything and flashed it and it works fine but I dont know how to get my setting worked to get mms working again. APN backup does not work on 4.0 and I have yet to find a way to put in the setting manually. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

well what i would do is a nandroid backup of you current setup and try the MikG 3.0 again and then put the apn that i provided to you ( dont forget to change yournumber@mycricket.com it is defalted with 999999999@mycricket.com in the apn) then flash the cricket_web_mms_v10.zip that is in the tut that is what i did and it worked for me on the $55 smartphone plan. if it fails you could go back to the nandroid you backed up. also make sure you have the smartphone plan...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by JustDiggs View Post
    I already did it. I tried to just flash the rom over to a ICS 4.0.3 Rom and it would not work. Just kepts rebooting. I then wiped everything and flashed it and it works fine but I dont know how to get my setting worked to get mms working again. APN backup does not work on 4.0 and I have yet to find a way to put in the setting manually. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

APN Shortcut

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    Can you list all the values that i would need to put in there for APN SHORTCUT? Im having a hell of a time getting the mms to work on the MikG 3.0 rom. Or if you guys might know the steps and file i need for the APNBACKUPRESTORE

try this hardcoreerik it is the same one i used. flash with RA Supersonic v2.3 recovery

"This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu."
    from amon RA himself

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=705026

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cruz1383; 01-30-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruz1383 View Post
    well what i would do is a nandroid backup of you current setup and try the MikG 3.0 again and then put the apn that i provided to you ( dont forget to change yournumber@mycricket.com it is defalted with 999999999@mycricket.com in the apn) then flash the cricket_web_mms_v10.zip that is in the tut that is what i did and it worked for me on the $55 smartphone plan. if it fails you could go back to the nandroid you backed up. also make sure you have the smartphone plan...
    So I flashed MikG 3.0 rom. I used Clockwork Mod/Clockwork Mod recovery to install because I didn't want to look for how to install it using Amon Ra recovery. LOL. After it completed I used the APN template and cricket_web_mms_v10.zip that Cruz1383 posted. I used APNbackuprestore App from the Market.

Quote Originally Posted by cruz1383 View Post
    try this hardcoreerik it is the same one i used. flash with RA Supersonic v2.3 recovery

"This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu."
    from amon RA himself

[Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers

I had Amon Ra already installed but installing the ROM via clockwork makes the clockwork recovery run instead of Amon Ra. This is ok. After MikG 3.0 install is completed the Amon Ra becomes your default recovery again. I flashed the cricket_web_mms_v10.zip from Amon Ra. this was AFTER deleteing the old APN's and restoreing the edited template. Reboot phone and everything is prefect.

So to clarify the steps that worked for ME to get MikG 3.0 working on my Cricket Flashed Evo 4g

1)Create a backup before anything. (I used clockwork mod)

2)Download APNbackuprestore from market and make a backup of your current APN before installing ROM.

2)Install MikG 3.0 (download first, install via Clockwork Mod from SD card)

3)After ROM is installed. Download APNbackuprestore again from market. Delete APN and restore using the template provided.
    http://www.cricketusers.com/attachme...3&d=1327782471

4)Restart phone and press the volume down key to get into bootloader and then select recovery. In this case Amon Ra.

5) flash the the cricket_web_mms_v10.zip from inside Amon Ra recovery.
    http://www.cricketusers.com/attachme...0&d=1327967758

6)reboot phone and your are now rocking MikG 3.0 on your cricket flashed Evo 4g. Enjoy MMS and Web.

Last edited by hardcoreerik; 01-31-2012 at 10:42 AM.

just to let you know hardcoreerik if you hold the power button and go to restart it will then ask if you want a normal restart, hotrestart(restarts without powering down),restart into boot menu, or restart into recovery so no longer do you have to restart with holding the volume down and power button stuff.

Thread Information