Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Gingerbread and the HTC Evo on Cricket

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDude View Post

Have You Tried this out yet? I would love gingerbread on mine but I just Got Jimminy Cricket and trying to resolve the still evident MMS youtube, And online video issue. If you have an HTC EVO or someone you know has updated Please post a video of the Features and what it can do I.E. MMS, GPS, YouTube, Text, Talk All that. I would appriciate it not to mention a lot more people.

Thanks In Advance AndroidDude

And For Admins. Thanks for a wonderful Forum. First time i have sighned up for a Forum. So far I love it!

We're glad to have you on board with us.

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddreams View Post
    Have You Tried this out yet? I would love gingerbread on mine but I just Got Jimminy Cricket and trying to resolve the still evident MMS youtube, And online video issue. If you have an HTC EVO or someone you know has updated Please post a video of the Features and what it can do I.E. MMS, GPS, YouTube, Text, Talk All that. I would appriciate it not to mention a lot more people.

Thanks In Advance AndroidDude

And For Admins. Thanks for a wonderful Forum. First time i have sighned up for a Forum. So far I love it!
    Trying to get my roommate to let me test it out on his. Don't know if he's willing to have some downtime.

APNs should resolve MMS and RTSP settings should resolve video. That's where you dial ##data# and edit EPST > advanced settings etc etc.

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by MCF-News View Post
    We're glad to have you on board with us.
    I am glad to Be here! I just wished I would of known about this Forum before I paid Some D-Bag $100.00 To Put a full Flash on my HTC EVO 4G and i personally would consider it a half flash. I asked before hand if my MMS, Internet, GPS and all Features would work. He Assured me they would and little behold they didnt. Then He Placed the Blame on Cricket and said it would be resolved within 24 hours, It didnt.. My buddy has a Moto Droid Flashed over to CriKet and his worked fine so i know it wasnt Cricket. Although I still have some minor issues with MMS, Pandora, Youtube, ETC I know this flash will work its just some Minor bugs that were working out. Thank You for your Reply @MCF-News. Have you had any reviews on the Gingerbread On The EVO 4G have you?

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

i would love to try it out but i'm a scardy-cat, i love how my evo is currently running on jiminy

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddreams View Post
    I am glad to Be here! I just wished I would of known about this Forum before I paid Some D-Bag $100.00 To Put a full Flash on my HTC EVO 4G and i personally would consider it a half flash. I asked before hand if my MMS, Internet, GPS and all Features would work. He Assured me they would and little behold they didnt. Then He Placed the Blame on Cricket and said it would be resolved within 24 hours, It didnt.. My buddy has a Moto Droid Flashed over to CriKet and his worked fine so i know it wasnt Cricket. Although I still have some minor issues with MMS, Pandora, Youtube, ETC I know this flash will work its just some Minor bugs that were working out. Thank You for your Reply @MCF-News. Have you had any reviews on the Gingerbread On The EVO 4G have you?
    Haven't seen anyone do it yet.... I think there are still some items that Gingerbread leaves out for the Evo. If the forum picks up and advertising goals are met, then we can start to purchase some other phones just to test and post progress.

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by MCF-News View Post
    Haven't seen anyone do it yet.... I think there are still some items that Gingerbread leaves out for the Evo. If the forum picks up and advertising goals are met, then we can start to purchase some other phones just to test and post progress.
    I have been trying to get everyone I know with cricket to join. I will keep on trying. I just wished I could get the mms and gps working still... Its driving me crazy lol. I have fully flashed. And followed the directions to the t still no accurate gps, like I cant pull navigation it searches for gps. Everything matches. I need to have you hook in via screen share and make sure its all right.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Contact me via instant messenger or the contact form live chat here. We do need to look into your Evo. Everything should work with no problem.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Contact me via instant messenger or the contact form live chat here. We do need to look into your Evo. Everything should work with no problem.
    You Referring To Me Chris? I get off work 12pm eastern time, Wont be home till 12:30 or so.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    PC36100

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDude View Post
    Actually I tried
    update-cm-7.0.3.1-Supersonic-signed.zip

and it was a little overwhelming but I actually like it the camera feature suck to me that's just my opinion I think Jiminy Pictures are better on the camera but I like once I figure out my mms issues I think I'm going to keep it.

Phone
    HTC EVO

I tried CM7 a week or two ago, and didn't really care for it much. Seemed like a lot was missing from the Sense UI I was used to, a lot of things I read would say "oh, to do that you just flash back to a Sense ROM, do it, then flash back to CM" ...
    At some point I'd like to give a Sense Gingerbread ROM a swing, but not until the brightness issue is resolved. Last I heard the 2 fixes were either:
    1) flash a kernel that made your camera not work
    2) install an app that makes the screen appear darker (but it's still actually full-bright, killing your battery, also can't be controlled by Tasker)

So yeah, that's gunna wait a little longer

Thread Information