Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

help please can't make calls out

Hi I have my evo flashed and running the energy rom.a couple weeks ago we had a big windstorm and I lost data a couple times.the next day my data was fine but I couldn't make phone calls out.well two days later when the bill was paid it just started working. Now two days ago we got a lot of snow and same thing happened.lost data for awhile and now no outgoing calls.I went to the corporate store to have them refresh the account,that didn't work.she said it must not have been flashed correctly but that they now flash phones if I wanted to pay them to do it. So if my phones been working fine for 4 months till it loses data what could be the problem?keep in mind nothing was changed either time and yet they say the flash is bad.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by sammy76 View Post
    Hi I have my evo flashed and running the energy rom.a couple weeks ago we had a big windstorm and I lost data a couple times.the next day my data was fine but I couldn't make phone calls out.well two days later when the bill was paid it just started working. Now two days ago we got a lot of snow and same thing happened.lost data for awhile and now no outgoing calls.I went to the corporate store to have them refresh the account,that didn't work.she said it must not have been flashed correctly but that they now flash phones if I wanted to pay them to do it. So if my phones been working fine for 4 months till it loses data what could be the problem?keep in mind nothing was changed either time and yet they say the flash is bad.

I had this SAME EXACT PROBLEM back in October of 2011: I fixed it by "switching" to EVRC "instead" of 13k in QPST.

Here is the post that I posted on different forum. I DON'T know if this fix will work for you, but it did work for me. I hope this might resolve it >>>>>>>>>

I think it's fixed!

I didn't even flash back to a Sprint ROM or reroot. I reflashed in QPST but this time around, I selected "EVRC" INSTEAD of "13 k" as an option.

Evrc is selected in QPST AT>cdma tab> home page, home orig, roam orig (all 3 options put on EVRC)
    "evrc enabled" is NOT checked (in the checkbox)

I did this on a "whim" to see if that would work and it did!

I must mention that when I did the "previous" flashing where the calling was "sporadic"....when it DID work sporadically...calling out would take about 10 seconds to just dial!

When I flashed it above with the home page, home orig, roam orig options all set to EVRC instead of 13k (when the phone booted up) it dialed RIGHT AWAY within a second!

I've made many phone calls out since yesterday evening and it looks like it's working just fine now.

I don't know how/or why EVRC works here on my phone in San Antonio, Texas...instead of "13k" but I just know it works.

San Antonio,TX: Since Cricket outage, I have not been able to make phone calls out. [Archive] - CDMA Gurus

Last edited by erjrsatx; 03-24-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks,I tried that and it worked.however it seems to affect my data speeds.so I decided to just change it back for now.I usually don't use my phone to call out anyway,and I can always use epst to change it.thanks for the quick reply though

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by sammy76 View Post
    Thanks,I tried that and it worked.however it seems to affect my data speeds.so I decided to just change it back for now.I usually don't use my phone to call out anyway,and I can always use epst to change it.thanks for the quick reply though
    Maybe you aren't using the right/best PRL for your area. If I were you, I'd check the PRL thread on here to see if switching to a different PRL might "fix" the data speed issue.

Thread Information