Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Question HTC EVO 4G On Android plan Will not send receive MMS after flashing Via Tutorial

I have been fighting this issue since day one of being a idiot and paying some D-Bag an outrages price to flash my beloved Evo. I then found this God sent forum !

At this time i have re-flashed it 3 times. Verified verbatim on the videos and also the written instructions. I still get the infamous text saying go to ...... and of course if i go to that I cant view the Pictures there neither.

I am also wanting to know if there is anyone who has updated to 2.3 with the EVO 4G and has any advantages/ disadvantages involved with this OS. Possibly thinking that maybe this could fix the issue. And i cant find the thread that was originally posted that had all the info and links needed.

Also YouTube was working but here lately with good signal on 3G it gives the infamous " could not play tap to replay" and you can hit it 10000 times and will never play.

Chris if you see and review this I know we were working on this but i have been busy and have not been on here as much.

To anyone else with some helpful and useful information on getting this phone to receive / Send MMS, I thank you in advance. I look forward to troubleshooting this issue with you all!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddreams View Post
    I have been fighting this issue since day one of being a idiot and paying some D-Bag an outrages price to flash my beloved Evo. I then found this God sent forum !

At this time i have re-flashed it 3 times. Verified verbatim on the videos and also the written instructions. I still get the infamous text saying go to ...... and of course if i go to that I cant view the Pictures there neither.

I am also wanting to know if there is anyone who has updated to 2.3 with the EVO 4G and has any advantages/ disadvantages involved with this OS. Possibly thinking that maybe this could fix the issue. And i cant find the thread that was originally posted that had all the info and links needed.

Also YouTube was working but here lately with good signal on 3G it gives the infamous " could not play tap to replay" and you can hit it 10000 times and will never play.

Chris if you see and review this I know we were working on this but i have been busy and have not been on here as much.

To anyone else with some helpful and useful information on getting this phone to receive / Send MMS, I thank you in advance. I look forward to troubleshooting this issue with you all!
    A few prerequisite please:
    what rom did you flash?
    What plan are you on?
    Are you on the latest kernel for your rom?
    What do your apn's look like?
    And has youtube ever worked for you?
    Thanks

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Use the latest MikG and change the settings on ##3282#. That's all I had to do for everything to work. I didn't even have to use apn backup and restore.

Send from my HTC Evo powered by MikG v2.00

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Try MikG Rom

Send from my HTC Evo powered by MikG v2.00

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    A few prerequisite please:
    what rom did you flash?
    What plan are you on?
    Are you on the latest kernel for your rom?
    What do your apn's look like?
    And has youtube ever worked for you?
    Thanks

ROM is jiminy V
    Kernel 2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc- kernel@and18-2#15
    Prl 42900
    2.2 froyo
    Apn is copied and edited from totorial on flashing HTC evo 4g with froyo 2.2
    I have downloaded that and edited proof read it and deleted all Apn and restored from folder I vreated.
    I had YouTube and everything streaming working. It's just the mms also with through ##3282# several times and it matches what is listed and needs to be. If you email me at James.Leezer@gmail I can send you screen shots.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

ROM is jiminy V
    Prl 42900
    2.2 froyo
    I have downloaded that and edited proof read it and deleted all Apn and restored from folder I vreated.
    I had YouTube and everything streaming working. It's just the mms also with through ##3282# several times and it matches what is listed and needs to be. If you email me at James.Leezer@gmail I can send you screen shots.
    Have you tried what mexiking said like 2 post up?

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    Have you tried what mexiking said like 2 post up?

Negative. Is it still 2.2? And what's the path I will get it tonight.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Negative. Is it still 2.2? And what's the path I will get it tonight.
    Im not sure if it is 2.2 might be a gingerbread type rom... Unless mexiking chimes in on the sure fire the rom i'd google it

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

ROM is jiminy V
    Prl 42900
    2.2 froyo
    Hmm...thats odd...I have Jiminy V on Evo...and its working greatly...Did you do the modifications for youtube...? Hmmm...

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden View Post
    Hmm...thats odd...I have Jiminy V on Evo...and its working greatly...Did you do the modifications for youtube...? Hmmm...

Yup Me and Chrisngod has been fighting with this issue non stop. Its crazy I know i have to either get a speaker replacement or a new EVO cause the loud speaker is blown. :-(

Phone
    HTC EVO

Replacing the part yourself isn't too bad. I got a replacement housing (the red part in the middle that has the speaker, kickstand, camera lens, LEDs, antennas) from ebay for something like $10 shipped.
    The lens ended up having some issues and took fuzzy photos, though you could always swap out the lens from your old housing, or, in your case, move the speaker from the new to the old one.

Just be careful when you buy it, some of them come with NOTHING on the housing, just the plastic piece. Make sure you see a photo of it, and the lens/speaker/LEDs are all present. Your best bet is to look for "used" housings, make sure the photo is not an obviously stock photo, but a photo of the actual item up for sale.

Or, depending on how far you are from Denver, I could probably replace it in about 5 or 10 minutes if you bring the pieces

Phone
    EVO 4G

I have an EVO on a totally stock rom 2.3.3 ota update and have flashed it to cricket and i have tried every tutorial under the sun and I still can't seem to get mms to work everything else dose utube and the likes can someone help???

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Replacing the part yourself isn't too bad. I got a replacement housing (the red part in the middle that has the speaker, kickstand, camera lens, LEDs, antennas) from ebay for something like $10 shipped.
    The lens ended up having some issues and took fuzzy photos, though you could always swap out the lens from your old housing, or, in your case, move the speaker from the new to the old one.

Just be careful when you buy it, some of them come with NOTHING on the housing, just the plastic piece. Make sure you see a photo of it, and the lens/speaker/LEDs are all present. Your best bet is to look for "used" housings, make sure the photo is not an obviously stock photo, but a photo of the actual item up for sale.

Or, depending on how far you are from Denver, I could probably replace it in about 5 or 10 minutes if you bring the pieces

I am in Louisville Kentucky lol thats to far of a drive haha but i will get on Ebay and get the kit. Thanks for the advice. I need to get the phone to make a call first.. mexiking!!!! i got MikG I cant enter EPST

Thread Information