Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

HTC EVO 4G Flashed to Cricket Issues.

I recently paid a guy Flash My HTC EVO 4G to cricket running 2.2, List of issues (Known) is as follows Dreaded MMS Sends a Link when receiving and will never fail nor send outgoing. GPS And Navigation. Will not find satellites, Keeps randomly annoyingly pops up an error about not connecting to PCS service or something, Something From Sprint, Only lets you click ok. YouTube will not play nor will in Browser Videos I.E. Video in a forum will not play. At this time Thats all i can think of with the issues I have ran in to. This is really annoying cause the guy who flashed it says its Crickets Issue, I know that is incorrect considering others I know has Droids and none of these issues happen to them. I am thinking that the flash was not complete or as through as it could be, P.S. I cant get to a computer to download anything. So i need help from what i can recommend to him or going through on my phone and doing it.

Thanks In Advance

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thanks for joining the forum.

The problem stems probably from incorrect settings across the board. I'm almost done with the full flashing tutorial for this site.

What ROM did the person use? Does it look like the Evo is still stock? Many people barely know enough to flash a phone and still sell their services.

The annoying error most likely stems from the mobile ip behavior that was set on it. If you look at the tutorial here:

http://www.cricketusers.com/content/...s-cricket.html

You can see where that is set. For the EVO it should be simple and not simp + mob.

The ROM that we'll be using is meant for Cricket and should work great with your phone.

Youtube might not work because by default this Sprint phone routes media through Sprint's servers. If you dial ##data# I believe on the Evo you will get to the EPST settings. Click edit and then enter the MSL. It will prompt you for a password which is the MSL aka SPC. If the phone is rooted you can get the MSL via MSL Reader from the Market. If he reset the MSL it might be 000000. That is common for people to set it as that since it's easy to remember and Verizon phones are defaulted that way. CDMA workshop is another solution to get this, but like you said you can't download right now.

Once you get past that, go to advanced > RTSP Proxy Address. Make this 0.0.0.0. Also make the HTTP PD Proxy Address 0.0.0.0.

Hopefully some of this will help. If not, just point the person to our tutorial once it's done. Good luck.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 04-21-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Yea Power Up Still sprint all the Sprint Apps Are still there, ETC. Wich i have Pulled up Youtube Videos where Cricket Is loaded on it wich i think what mine needs haha. He Has 2.2 build number is 3.70.651.1 CL294884 Release-Keys software Number 3.70.651.1 PRL version 42600. I dont know if that will help.. But i know I paid 100 For the flash and the guy has another guy from Colorado Flash them Remotely. He of course is Blaming Cricket Towers in Louisville, KY area

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Thanks for joining the forum.

The problem stems probably from incorrect settings across the board. I'm almost done with the full flashing tutorial for this site.

What ROM did the person use? Does it look like the Evo is still stock? Many people barely know enough to flash a phone and still sell their services.

The annoying error most likely stems from the mobile ip behavior that was set on it. If you look at the tutorial here:

http://www.cricketusers.com/content/...s-cricket.html

You can see where that is set. For the EVO it should be simple and not simp + mob.

The ROM that we'll be using is meant for Cricket and should work great with your phone.

Youtube might not work because by default this Sprint phone routes media through Sprint's servers. If you dial ##data# I believe on the Evo you will get to the EPST settings. Click edit and then enter the MSL. If the phone is rooted you can get the MSL via MSL Reader from the Market. If he reset the MSL it might be 000000. That is common for people to set it as that since it's easy to remember and Verizon phones are defaulted that way. CDMA workshop is another solution to get this, but like you said you can't download right now.

Once you get past that, go to advanced > RTSP Proxy Address. Make this 0.0.0.0. Also make the HTTP PD Proxy Address 0.0.0.0.

Hopefully some of this will help. If not, just point the person to our tutorial once it's done. Good luck.

Also When Going to MSL to Edit it prompts for Password.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You can try 000000 if he reset it to that or download MSL reader from the Market. If he rooted the phone you'll be able to get that password.

Even the Jiminy Cricket ROM we use has one Sprint app. It's the hotspot which can still be utilized. Other than that, they're all gone.

We can remotely flash phones, but we still need you to input some things in order for it to get done. You also have to have a PC and high speed Internet connection.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 04-21-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

You can try 000000 if he reset it to that or download MSL reader from the Market. If he rooted the phone you'll be able to get that password.

Even the Jiminy Cricket ROM we use has one Sprint app. It's the hotspot which can still be utilized. Other than that, they're all gone.

We can remotely flash phones, but we still need you to input some things in order for it to get done. You also have to have a PC and high speed Internet connection.
    Got it Thanks! .

I plan on donating some funds your way when i get paid also

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Awesome! Can't wait to publish the full tutorial. I know this one will be popular.

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Yes It will I am waiting for the video of the EVO you just flashed I found one here

YouTube - HTC evo 4g flashed to cricket

Thats something the guy told me couldnt be done.

I know I will be getting my money back..

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

So last Night I had to change the URL MMS Server to crickets also my user name is sprint everything in this damn phone is sprint. I cant wait till you get all the root and Flash info Up! I am anxious lmao

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It's up... Just rendering the last video (which is 2 segments). Then uploading them to Youtube.

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

It's up... Just rendering the last video (which is 2 segments). Then uploading them to Youtube.
    You Sir are Great! I cant wait Like I said I will look out for you and I also will post a Video Of the Final Result from me for others to see

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

This Thread Is Completed and Closed, I have rooted, Installed Jimminy Cricket V and everything seems to be working correctly, Other then MMS, Youtube Pandora or watching Videos on the browser. I am closing this thread Cause the Initial Title does not apply and I am working on these issues in

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html

Also Via PM with Another User of the Forum.

Thanks For Everyone Who Participated in this thread. I appriciate Your alls Help

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

I have got youtube up and Pandora Still issues with MMS

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I can't play any youtube videos at all...and I already did the whole 0.0.0.0. thing...Help

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

What is the error that it gives you, and do you have the newest version of Youtube?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information