Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 13.0%

HTC Evo 4G Flashed to cricket MMS and 3G isnt working.

Hey everyone, i am new to all this flashing and rooting stuff and i recently bought a HTC EVO 4G off of craigslist that is apparently fully flashed to cricket. The phone is currently activated with cricket, i can use apps, the wifi, texting, and call but cant send or recieve MMS and the 3G doesnt always work... how can i get them to work? when i go into Messages>Settings>Connection Settings> it seems like it is still connected to the sprint picturemail because under the MMSC it says
    sprintpics.com

and everything is greyed out so i cant do anything to the settings and im pretty sure this is the problem... also when i go to 4G it has the same thing pretty much. My phone is currently not rooted and iv tried but i got gingerbread 2.3.5 and also i got .18 so idk how to root it with that... Please help!!

Last edited by Famous; 03-07-2012 at 10:17 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

here's the link for the new OTA update root method
    How to Root Your HTC EVO 4G (with OTA Gingerbread Update)

I hope this works for you

Overall activity: 13.0%

Il look at it and see if it works, thanks.
    Last edited by Famous; 03-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Sounds like you need to change the APNs on it to me, so its safe to say its not fully flashed correctly. You need apn backup and restore from the Market and its a free app, also get APN shortcut to make sure its turned on. I have a proper APN if your on the everything Android plan but the other method with the proxy and all that crap isnt worth the trouble to me for an extra $10 bucks :-). Why dont you just make a backup of that rom and flash Steeldroid custom rom its really easy to get MMS and its the newer android version. do a nandroid backup with Amon Ra Recover first though just to be safe. Its alot better then Clockwork Mod

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Quote Originally Posted by Oli Tinsley View Post
    Sounds like you need to change the APNs on it to me, so its safe to say its not fully flashed correctly. You need apn backup and restore from the Market and its a free app, also get APN shortcut to make sure its turned on. I have a proper APN if your on the everything Android plan but the other method with the proxy and all that crap isnt worth the trouble to me for an extra $10 bucks :-). Why dont you just make a backup of that rom and flash Steeldroid custom rom its really easy to get MMS and its the newer android version. do a nandroid backup with Amon Ra Recover first though just to be safe. Its alot better then Clockwork Mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_oV...e_gdata_player

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Mar 2012

I have similer problem however the 3g works just not browser. Surfing the net on it worked for a while but then stopped working and kept redirecting me to "add tethering for $10/month". Phone was fully flashed and as I said browser worked for a while now saying I have to add tethering to get it to work. Checked and no tethering was selected. Everything is as it should be. Any suggestions?

Wrecked Johnson

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Trahned View Post
    I have similer problem however the 3g works just not browser. Surfing the net on it worked for a while but then stopped working and kept redirecting me to "add tethering for $10/month". Phone was fully flashed and as I said browser worked for a while now saying I have to add tethering to get it to work. Checked and no tethering was selected. Everything is as it should be. Any suggestions?
    James, one must utilize the tools at hand first, one does not simply pose a question on said forums when one has the best tool on the forum (me). JK call me man, ill team view it with you and show you whats wrong.

Phone
    Droid RAZR

im having kinda same issue. phone is on the android plan..has all the settings and for some reason it doesnt show the 3g icon at all?

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

Quote Originally Posted by Trahned View Post
    Make sure you have the settings to mobile. If you use the other cricket thinks yours tethering I had this happen also.

Wrecked Johnson

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Vic not to discredit you but the only phones that need any type of MIP setting are the Motorolas I dont know why this is but in the end the phone reverts to SIP to connect. To the OP if you could post a screen shot of your settings that would help just b.lur or blank your MDN/Phone Number so no one see it. Then we can assess and move forward on fixing.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

I just remember on my 3d I was having this problem and I switched it into mobile view and never got that cricket message again. Worth a try lol

Overall activity: 9.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3

try going on the market and search for "cricket settings" from token419 it worked on my old sprint hero flawlessly

Phone
    Samsung Vatility

You are in a better situation than I am. I bought a HTC EVO 4G with a Bad ESN with Sprint. called Cricket and asked them to activate the flashed phone and they couldn't once I gave them the ESN. I was told that ESN was not eligible for activation. Now I feel that the phone was just wasted. Any news would help me. Has anyone been in this situation?

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    You are in a better situation than I am. I bought a HTC EVO 4G with a Bad ESN with Sprint. called Cricket and asked them to activate the flashed phone and they couldn't once I gave them the ESN. I was told that ESN was not eligible for activation. Now I feel that the phone was just wasted. Any news would help me. Has anyone been in this situation?
    Bad ESN is only for the original carrier. You maybe in a paygo area and that is why u can activate it. You could be give them the wrong info.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 2.0%

Did you ever get your 3G working? Mine hasn't work since its been flashed and im upset. Well after i submitted this it worked for like 1 minute then went away! I want my internet working so badly!
    Last edited by BiznessB; 07-22-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information