Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Htc Evo 4g MMS settings $40.00 plan (everyting works)

Everything works after being flashed except for mms, but for data/internet to work Wifi must be turned on!!! The method I used to get mms working..
    • HTC Evo 4g
    • Gingerbread 2.3.3 (rooted)
    • Rom: Synergy-Kingdom_RLS_1 (NIGLTLY) HTC sense 3.0
    • Cricket:True South TX Plan ($40.00)
    • PRL:35468
    • 3g (no 4g)

First download the app, "Any Cut," from the Market.

Then make sure your phone’s “Home Screen” has an available app spot (where an app is placed on your home screen – kind of like a shortcut). If no spot is available, “remove” one of those app shortcuts from your homescreen. Once a spot is available, proceed to the next step.

On your phone go to your apps section. Open Any Cut. Click “Activity.” Then scroll all the way down to “Proxy Settings.” Select it. Select, “Ok” to create a new shortcut on you homescreen. On your phone, Press your home button then click Proxy settings on your homescreen (the app shortcut on your homescreen should be there now).

Here are the settings for both of the fields below which you will enter:

Hostname: Wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080

Then click “Save.”

(Dont know if step is relavent)
    Also i dont know if this had anything to help get it working but I also went into my stock messenger app mms connection settings and entered this:

name: cricket
    mmsc:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

mms proxy:
    mms port: 8080
    mms protcol: wap 2.0

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid X

I live in alamo, and i have a fully flash evo 4g running on the $35.00 plan
    and i have working mms and internet running on king's unleashed ultra black r3 rom,
    and 35468 prl.i didn't have to used the any cuts or any of the other stuff like auto start or apn backup. I just made sure the data profiles and advance setting were correct,the only thing different i did was that i got from the market the go sms pro app replacing the rom's text messages app with the go sms pro. The go sms pro has it's own apn profile tab, as long as u input the right info u will get mms working, try it on over 10 evo's and work everytime. Try the go sms pro. Ant questions contact me.oh yeah i'm running also on 3g.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger9371 View Post
    I live in alamo, and i have a fully flash evo 4g running on the $35.00 plan
    and i have working mms and internet running on king's unleashed ultra black r3 rom,
    and 35468 prl.i didn't have to used the any cuts or any of the other stuff like auto start or apn backup. I just made sure the data profiles and advance setting were correct,the only thing different i did was that i got from the market the go sms pro app replacing the rom's text messages app with the go sms pro. The go sms pro has it's own apn profile tab, as long as u input the right info u will get mms working, try it on over 10 evo's and work everytime. Try the go sms pro. Ant questions contact me.oh yeah i'm running also on 3g.

tried that, i can get mms to send but it wont receive. any ideas?

Phone
    Droid X

make sure that ur number is correct in the user profile and u have the right settings on the MMSC profiles. if that don't work i can send u a copy of my all my data and advance profile settings maybe that with help...oh yeah make sure ur not on WiFi when u get a mms

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ranger9371 View Post
    make sure that ur number is correct in the user profile and u have the right settings on the MMSC profiles. if that don't work i can send u a copy of my all my data and advance profile settings maybe that with help...oh yeah make sure ur not on WiFi when u get a mms
    If you could send them that would be great. Also, do you happen to know if the internet plan is needed to send/ receive mms?

May I ask what are the correct MMS settings?

Recognized Dev |Łčĝıť.|

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mylesbrownkc View Post
    May I ask what are the correct MMS settings?

http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

go to your messaging app, then go to settings and mms settings.
    Also go to your dialer and do a ##3282# and enter your spc. go to advance settings and enter this url @mmsc towards the bottom.
    put this url and your golden.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whisper024 View Post
    If you could send them that would be great. Also, do you happen to know if the internet plan is needed to send/ receive mms?
    mms should work on any plan. as long as you have the right setup.

Last edited by oriax123; 10-25-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

with your go mms pro setup , are you sending the MMS via go servers ? or directly through MMS? there is a difference..

I am just using the phone to send a picture mail. It doesn't work. I have tried different roms..everything else works but MMS. It's flashed and rooted.

Phone
    Droid X

Sorry to hear you having problems with sending mms, however i agree with oriax123 goto ##3282# and make sure all the settings are correct, this is very important, it took me a week or so tweak my the right way. It's all trial and error.

Recognized Dev |Łčĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by mylesbrownkc View Post
    I am just using the phone to send a picture mail. It doesn't work. I have tried different roms..everything else works but MMS. It's flashed and rooted.
    What rom are you currently on? Did you use Cdma workshop or qpst to program your phone? Under mip settings (in qpst) make sure its "simple only" for mip and you have 2 users. both the same of course. user and tether #@mycricket.com then make sure the ip adresses are all zero's. Under Ha and AAA secret click on "Enter text string" and put "cricket" . MN Ha 12C ,MN AAA 2. Make sure Rev Tunnel Preffered is enabled. Click ok then go to PPP Config tab. under um/an Username/Tether #@mycricket.com req pass cricket.

Then go to the messaging app (original) go to settings then to mms. change apn name to Production. Next mmsc will be
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

also make sure the resolution on the camera settings is 640x480.

open up voice dialer and say "Open Proxy Settings" proxy is :wap.mycricket.com and port :8080

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

This worked like a charm...Awesome!

My MMS settings in the stock messaging app are all grayed out. What's strange is the MMS come in and I can click download, but it never downloads them, the button just pops back to normal after a few minutes. . . . Any thoughts?

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Watson View Post
    My MMS settings in the stock messaging app are all grayed out. What's strange is the MMS come in and I can click download, but it never downloads them, the button just pops back to normal after a few minutes. . . . Any thoughts?
    as far as the greyed out part, if memory serves me, if you change the APN from (type="mms") to (type="default,mms") then it wont be greyed out. No promises!!

Thread Information