Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Angry HTC EVO 4G MMS, Streaming Media Issues ON MIKG2.1

I have the Evo 4G i have had the mms issues since i have owned this phone.. I used the tutorial( http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html ) and still could not get MMS even after redoing the steps other then Using Unrevoked. After fighting this for a few weeks i finally got YouTube and Streaming media I.E. Pandora and stuff like that. I then wanted wanted 2.3 and per users on this forum I was directed to use MiKG So i downloaded MiKG 2.1. Still after fighting settings in QPST and also ESPT i am still unable to get my MMS And Streaming Media.So I am gonna list my settings and attempt to do screen shots to show what i have and hopefully be able to send and revive Pics and videos and also youtube.

Well I have screen shots and they are PNG files but when i try to attach to thread it says invalid file and wont upload... .GRRRRRRRRRRRR I have the worst dam luck. sorry for the language. I will type the settings...

EPST Settings are perbatim of whats in the above links directions.

In Data Profile:

Active Profile:1
    UserName:my10dig number@mycricket.com
    Spi MN:HA: 12c
    spi mn:AAA:2
    Reverse Tunel:Enable
    home IP:0.0.0.0
    Primary Home:68.28.15.12
    Second Home:68.28.31.12
    HA Shared Secret:cricket
    AAA shared cricket:cricket
    DSA:
    https://dsa.spcsdns.net:443/dsa/

DSS Proxy Server IP Address:144.226.247.31
    DSS Proxy Server Port:80

Advanced:

P_REV:IS-200(6)
    SCM:58
    Slot Mode:Enable
    Slot Cycle Index:0
    MCC:310
    MNC:00
    MSID: Specific to phone( I think)
    ACCOLC:2
    Vocoder:Enable
    EVRC-Bisable
    Home Orig:Voice 13k
    Roam Orig:Voice 13k
    LBS PDE IP: No ( Says Leave Blank dont let me leave blank)
    LBS PDE Port: No Same as LBS PDE IP.
    Home Sys Reg:enable
    Foreign SID reg:enable
    Foreign NID Reg: Enable
    DDTM:disable
    Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535
    MMS Server URL:
    http://mms.mycricket.com

With updating to 2.3.3 on MiKG 2.1 gives me a click tab to get into RTSP/HTTP Settings.
    RTSP Proxy IP:0.0.0.0
    RTSP Proxy Port:554
    HTTP Proxy IP:0.0.0.0
    HTTP Proxy Port: 8085

In WiMAX Settings there are some sprint stuff. As follows
    NAI: 9021553BB8AB@sprintpcs.com
    Realm:Sprintpcs.com

I dont Know or think the WiMAX settings have any relevance in the Issues with MMS or streaming Media. I could be wrong ( often Am) lol

Also There is a mention that people on other OS other then 2.2 Froyo Needs to do the extra step

ROMs other than Jiminy (credit goes to timinator94from XDA)

The mms and telephony files are attached below in the Gingerbread fix zip.

1) Using root explorer, go to /system/app and rename mms.apk to mms.apk.bak, then put the included mms.apk into /system/app then open and install it.
    2) Using root explorer rename everything located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ with .bak at the end, then put the telephony.db file provided in that directory.
    3) Reboot
    4) Profit
    *UPDATE*
    If the above method doesn't work try the following in conjunction with the above.
    1) Flash attached cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip
    2) Install autostart from market
    3) Reboot and select yes at the su prompt at startup.
    4) If you're on the 55 dollar Android plan, reboot a few times and then eventually go into Superuser permissions and deny autostart or uninstall it as you won't need it anymore.

For the stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread (prior to Unrevoked coming out with a fix) try:

GO SMS from the Market (remember to disable notifications of messages in the stock app)

Google Maps

You might have to go to the Market and download the newest version of Google Maps for it to work correctly.

I have not peformed this as of yet.o go about it, The reason why is I am a little confused with how to do it. And i would rather ask and know. My assumption is just place this ZIP: file on my SD card and go into recovery on my phone and update via Zip and choose file. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG! I assume I am.

Please someone anybody help get my MMS working>

Also I have a Limited ammount of Google+ invites. I am unsure if you have one or would like one if so let me know and PM your Gmail account and i shall send, For the help with the issue of course lol. T

Thanks for Helping I would be in debt to you if you actually get this issue resolved. Also i do have Screenshots of my settings even though listed here I can send via Email since it will not let me upload here for some unknown reasons

Also Unknown If my Kernel will help but it is2.6.35.10-gc0a661bhtc-kernel@and18-2 #1

If you need any other info PLEASE ask.

Also For QPST i used the Video 100 times to make sure it was right.

Thanks Again and I hope I get some responses this time. The Last time I wasnt lucky enough to get a reply one. Had a bunch of views but no response.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I had alot of trouble myself and I'm not exactly sure about the EPST settings. I have modified them some, but below is what I did to my APN the other night and my MMS started working. Give it a try. Also, note that am on the $55 Android plan.

1- Download APN Backup and Restore from the market. Hit backup apn.
    2-Connect phone to pc as disk drive. Go into the backed up APN folder.
    3- Put this EVO APN TEMPLATE.xml in your APN folder.
    4- Right click on it and edit, place your 10 digit phone number in the places where I have 9's, click File, save, X out of the edit box. Go back into the APN you just modified to verify it saved your changes
    5- unmount disk drive from the PC
    6- go into APN backup and restore on your phone, Restore the new APN (EVO APN TEMPLATE)
    7- Reboot and see if that made a difference
    8- if this does not work for you and/or you want your old APN, go back into APN backup and restore and restore your original APN, Reboot
    Last edited by ksechrest; 07-13-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

I have flashed 20+ phones with the latest MikG without a problem. This is the process I follow when flashing a phone.

Get Msl from CDMA workshop

Go to qpst and load my qpst file with my cricket settings. I enter the MIN number and phone number. Reboot.

Dial ##3282# and change the settings there to get streaming working.

Go into messaging app settings>mms settings>connection settings and enter cricket settings.

After this I reboot and make sure everything is working. I have not used apn backup and restore. Everything works after this.

My qspt settings are different from the ones in the tutorial here. They work great. If you want my qspt file I can share it. Good luck.

Send from my HTC EVO powered by MikG v2.2

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Yea I would love to see your setings @ Mexiking713. and also crickets settings in the messaging app what i have in there at this point is
    Name: Cricket
    MMSChttp://mms.mycricket.com
    MMS proxy not set
    MMS Port not set
    MMS proto: WAP 2.0

Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    I had alot of trouble myself and I'm not exactly sure about the EPST settings. I have modified them some, but below is what I did to my APN the other night and my MMS started working. Give it a try. Also, note that am on the $55 Android plan.

1- Download APN Backup and Restore from the market. Hit backup apn.
    2-Connect phone to pc as disk drive. Go into the backed up APN folder.
    3- Put this EVO APN TEMPLATE.xml in your APN folder.
    4- Right click on it and edit, place your 10 digit phone number in the places where I have 9's, click File, save, X out of the edit box. Go back into the APN you just modified to verify it saved your changes
    5- unmount disk drive from the PC
    6- go into APN backup and restore on your phone, Restore the new APN (EVO APN TEMPLATE)
    7- Reboot and see if that made a difference
    8- if this does not work for you and/or you want your old APN, go back into APN backup and restore and restore your original APN, Reboot
    APN Failed I did it and still unresolved. I think I will need the settings From Mexiking713 That and my youtube and all isnt working so i think issue lies in ESPT settings.. I do get all web and services GPS and all which makes me want to pull <y Hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEXIKING Hope you respond soon buddy
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-17-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    I have flashed 20+ phones with the latest MikG without a problem. This is the process I follow when flashing a phone.

Go to qpst and load my qpst file with my cricket settings. I enter the MIN number and phone number. Reboot.

Go into messaging app settings>mms settings>connection settings and enter cricket settings.

After this I reboot and make sure everything is working. I have not used apn backup and restore. Everything works after this.

My qspt settings are different from the ones in the tutorial here. They work great. If you want my qspt file I can share it. Good luck.

omgosh.can.u.share.those.setting.with.me...im.runn ing.the.mikgv2.3...and.the.outgoing.mms.will.not.s end...and.streaming.doesnt.work...I.would.really.a ppreciate.ur.help...

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddreams View Post
    APN Failed I did it and still unresolved. I think I will need the settings From Mexiking713 That and my youtube and all isnt working so i think issue lies in ESPT settings.. I do get all web and services GPS and all which makes me want to pull <y Hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEXIKING Hope you respond soon buddy
    Backup the APN, hit delete APNs, then restore the Cricket APN you modified. Reboot if necessary.

The settings you put into the messaging app aren't correct. I never usually mess with those, but the MMS url is mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms. Hopefully when you restore the correct APN that will just change by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden View Post
    omgosh.can.u.share.those.setting.with.me...im.runn ing.the.mikgv2.3...and.the.outgoing.mms.will.not.s end...and.streaming.doesnt.work...I.would.really.a ppreciate.ur.help...
    Remember that EPST settings are RTSP server 0.0.0.0 port 0 and HTTP PD 0.0.0.0 port 0. This is in the ##data# advanced menu.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post

fix mine too while your at it replace the lcd glass that i cracked last weekend getting off the engine.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by FF2CO4 View Post
    fix mine too while your at it replace the lcd glass that i cracked last weekend getting off the engine.
    Otterbox... Seidio... come on now.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Otterbox... Seidio... come on now.
    odd enough..i have that installed on my phone, its been there since the day i got it... didnt do sh*t to save it...

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Backup the APN, hit delete APNs, then restore the Cricket APN you modified. Reboot if necessary.

The settings you put into the messaging app aren't correct. I never usually mess with those, but the MMS url is mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms. Hopefully when you restore the correct APN that will just change by itself.

Remember that EPST settings are RTSP server 0.0.0.0 port 0 and HTTP PD 0.0.0.0 port 0. This is in the ##data# advanced menu.
    I.did.the.above.and.no.outgoing.mms...more.worried .about.that.then.the.youtube...any.other.suggestio ns...?
    OH...when.i.did.the.whole.apn.thing.for.some.reaso n..it.showed.up.blank...as.if.nothing.was.put.in.. .it.messed.up.my.stock.sms/mms.app...grr.going..nuts
    Last edited by Forbidden; 07-17-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden View Post
    I.did.the.above.and.no.outgoing.mms...more.worried .about.that.then.the.youtube...any.other.suggestio ns...?
    OH...when.i.did.the.whole.apn.thing.for.some.reaso n..it.showed.up.blank...as.if.nothing.was.put.in.. .it.messed.up.my.stock.sms/mms.app...grr.going..nuts
    Maybe if you had a keyboard that works it would help.

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Maybe if you had a keyboard that works it would help.
    this.is.the.keyboard.from.my.comp...?
    what.does.that.have.anything.to.do.with.it.though? o_O

Thread Information