Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Exclamation HTC Evo flashed to Cricket Paygo No MMS

I just flashed my evo to cricket paygo and after I did *228 I got everything to work (market, youtube, maps, etc). I thought I had MMS working , but it seems the test MMS i sent to a friend was an SMS with a compressed picture in it ? (weird, didnt know that was possible?) I saw on other sites to have the MMS server set to
    http

://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

(as opposed to the
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

in the XML) - neither is working for me. or so I thought ? somehow I received one of the many test MMS emails i sent to mynumber##@mms.mycricket.com (possibly while messing with a telephony.db file i found which changed the mms server back to the sprint server.. even more weird)

I really dont think it would make a difference of me being on paygo vs a regular account, except for maybe a setting such as the mms server. Minus the MMS I have a fully flashed / fully functional EVO on Cricket Paygo * $35 / Month (not $45 a month) * plan. Is there any solution that will fix the MMS ??? thx

PS>> shout out to Chris, u r a BIG help to the community !!!

Last edited by nukicks; 05-10-2011 at 01:22 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thanks. Nice to see another person in the local area there. Can you get Market Access on the Paygo without being connected to wifi? I don't know much about Paygo accounts and have avoided them like the plague. They seem to function a little differently.

That's be awesome if you figure it all out.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Yup. I have market access. everything appears to be working. youtube. mobile hotspot. maps. the only thing not working is MMS. I think this is revolutionary because this means people can have a fully working EVO on cricket paying $10 to $20 less than other plans on the same network, and receiving the same unlimited functionality.

I know together with the help of people like yourself and the rest of the community, we can get this problem solved !

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

My outgoing MMS was not working yesterday and a couple others were reporting problems... I sent one this morning. Good work though.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Still no MMS. am receiving them (sometimes) but no outgoing. would like to know how to set the MMS options as shown when (from the main txt msg window) goto Menu > Settings > Connection Settings.

Also, I just realized that I do not have any sort of voice mail indicator icon. is this normal due to the removal of visual voicemail ?

Gold Member

Phone
    PC36100

Quote Originally Posted by nukicks View Post
    Still no MMS. am receiving them (sometimes) but no outgoing. would like to know how to set the MMS options as shown when (from the main txt msg window) goto Menu > Settings > Connection Settings.

Also, I just realized that I do not have any sort of voice mail indicator icon. is this normal due to the removal of visual voicemail ?
    that wierd I can send but recive only once I have Cricket reset my account I recieve one yesterday but it wouldn't open? also Chris just check this out food for thought the mnc that we are entering in cricket.xml might be wrong check this out:
    List of mobile network codes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

I'm using an mcc / mnc of 310 / 00 . I think I might have tried to put 016 but it only allows 2 characters. And I was too lazy to go in and drop the 0 lol. I found that info on the internet when trying to fix my mms issue

Phone
    EVO 4G Project

so which server is the best one to use, from OP - servlets or mycricket...

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

right now im using simply "
    http://mms.mycricket.com

". Still can only receive and no send. i honestly think any of the three mms servers mentioned on here will work.

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

ok so i just tried to use MCC / MNC of 310 / 016 ---- two issues with this.. my evo is only allowing 2 digits, however, no matter what MNC code I put in, it always changes back to "00" -- whats up with that ?

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

nevermind, i got the settings to stick... but 31006 gives me absolutely no data connectivity.. going to retry the 46605 thats in the XML (even though 466 is the MCC for Taiwan...) if not then im gonna go back to 31000 which was working the best for me

Quote Originally Posted by nukicks View Post
    Yup. I have market access. everything appears to be working. youtube. mobile hotspot. maps. the only thing not working is MMS. I think this is revolutionary because this means people can have a fully working EVO on cricket paying $10 to $20 less than other plans on the same network, and receiving the same unlimited functionality.

I know together with the help of people like yourself and the rest of the community, we can get this problem solved !
    I have an evo fully flashed and I am on the Paygo plan as well and cant figure out how to get my internet working, no data works. Any tips on how you got yours working not sure if I missed a step or not. Calls and Texts work just fine.

Fix prepaid mms

Have greenk45 installed plus download and install this alternate mms app like any other apk will give link in a minute!

Thanks, I got it up and running, not sure what i did to fix it. But I'm on the $25 plan unlimited data, with groove ip and google voice. Cant beat that. Voice is breaks up a little because of the slow data, but I still have 300 cricket minutes to use if I am in a bad service area. Im going to try the greenk45 to see if it will help my internet, it didnt work the first time I used it.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Quote Originally Posted by cdiesel2001 View Post
    I have an evo fully flashed and I am on the Paygo plan as well and cant figure out how to get my internet working, no data works. Any tips on how you got yours working not sure if I missed a step or not. Calls and Texts work just fine.
    Out of curiosity, did you already have a PayGo account established with a different phone, then do an ESN swap to your Evo, or did you set up a new PayGo account with the Evo itself?

I'm trying to do the same thing as you did, so any helpful info appreciated. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information