Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

HTC Evo, Only 3G Works?

I followed the tutorial, And only the 3G works. When I call 611 it says " To make a Collect Call to a Phone, Press 1" I used 45713HybridMyCricketForum.prl - Cricket 45713 and Sprint 60680

I live in New Jersey. I had the phone activated at the Cricket Store earlier today. Any Idea's what to do to fix this? I was surprised that the 3G worked. Oh, and Txt does not work either.

THANKS in Advance!!!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Flashed phones aren't compatible with Cricket's network in New Jersey.

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...t-worries.html

There are a ton of people who use Flash Phones on Crickets Network in New jersey, and people are all over Craigslist Flashing phones for the Cricket network in New jersey. And the 4 workers at the Cricket Store in New Jersey had no problem setting up my Evo, they said they have allot of people using Flashed phones on there network. And come into there store all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by ChazMan View Post
    There are a ton of people who use Flash Phones on Crickets Network in New jersey, and people are all over Craigslist Flashing phones for the Cricket network in New jersey. And the 4 workers at the Cricket Store in New Jersey had no problem setting up my Evo, they said they have allot of people using Flashed phones on there network. And come into there store all the time..
    They should not be flashing phones to Cricket in New Jersey, because the phones are not compatible with Cricket Wireless' network here. If Cricket finds out about those stores, they will probably be shut down. They're risking a lot by flashing phones.

If you'd like to use Cricket Wireless, please purchase a phone from MyCricket.com.

Other Have there HTC EVO working here in New jersey, So does any one know how to fix this? Thanks

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'd check to see if they have the write ESN in their database and that your phone has the correct MIN in it as well.

Avenue pushes Cricket's policy that they are not allowed in triband areas, however the hybrid PRLs do allow for connectivity in most tri band areas.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

How do I check to see if the Phone has the correct MIN in it? Is that Something I put in it?

And What PRL would you recommend?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ChazMan; 12-08-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Other Have there HTC EVO working here in New jersey, So does any one know how to fix this? Thanks
    There might be others using the HTC Evo on Cricket in New Jersey, but that doesn't mean it isn't against company policy.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Avenue pushes Cricket's policy that they are not allowed in triband areas, however the hybrid PRLs do allow for connectivity in most tri band areas.
    I don't think it's fair that people are using flashed phones in AWS markets, when others, such as myself, try to follow the rules and use a Cricket phone. I think Cricket should start enforcing this policy.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    There might be others using the HTC Evo on Cricket in New Jersey, but that doesn't mean it isn't against company policy.

I don't think it's fair that people are using flashed phones in AWS markets, when others, such as myself, try to follow the rules and use a Cricket phone. I think Cricket should start enforcing this policy.
    Cricket does enforce the policy to some extent. If they become talk/data hogs, their account will be migrated to a different plan.

If you use the contact form, I'll get a dealer to give you your MIN. Our tutorial details where it should have been used while programming the phone (QPST).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I used the Contact Form. THANKS for your Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Cricket does enforce the policy to some extent. If they become talk/data hogs, their account will be migrated to a different plan.
    I've heard about that, but I haven't seen anyone switched to it yet.

It's not fair to the dealers either.

If one dealer tries to follow the rules and doesn't accept flashed phones, but the other dealer doesn't care, it will hurt business of the first dealer. Of course everyone would go to the dealer that would allow flashed phones.

I'm hoping Cricket will do something about this and either put everyone on that other plan, or open it up and say flashed phones are allowed on the network everywhere (which I don't see happening).

Well I bought a ZTE Score Phone, And then they moved my account over to the Flashed HTC EVO. And If I like the service coverage, I will activate the ZTE Score for my Wife! So its a WIN WIN for Cricket.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Where do I put the MIN # in at on the QPST Program? I looked at all the TABS and did not see any MIN.

And What PRL File should I use?
    Last edited by ChazMan; 12-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Well I bought a ZTE Score Phone, And then they moved my account over to the Flashed HTC EVO. And If I like the service coverage, I will activate the ZTE Score for my Wife! So its a WIN WIN for Cricket.
    The ZTE Score is operating on a different network than the HTC Evo, so you can't really go by the coverage you're getting to see if the ZTE Score is going to work. Before you switch your wife over to it, you might want to start up the phone and see how the coverage is. Do you plan on getting the Muve Music plan for your wife?

I don't know. I have NEVER used Cricket before. So once I get my EVO up and running. I will see how I like it, And go from there...

It Works Now! YEAH!! It was the MIN setting. THANKS to everyone who Helped me!!

But I have 1 weird thing. When I get a TXT Message from someone, it says it was sent 2 hours ago. So if its 9AM right now, there TXT will say it was sent 7AM.. Weird.. Is it the PRL I am Using? Wrong Time Zone? I am East Coast. So What should I use?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information