Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Cool HTC EVO4G no VM notification (Jimminy Cricket V)

I have rooted, Installed Jimminy Cricket ROM. And I would first like to Thank mycricket Forum for the oppertunity to be involved with such a great forum.

Also Have to Think chrisngrod For all the help and assistance he has Given me. He is a great guy make it as simple and dumbed down as possible.

But the issues regarding The VM notification, Do i need to change settings in the phones files to resolve this? Or do I need to Install an app of sort?

Thanks In Advance
    Best Regars
    TwIsTeDdReAmS

Also If anyone is Running The Gingerbread Let me know what you think. Or any issues with or without it, I am considering Installing.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

i am wondering the same thing ! i know i wont get visual voicemail but i would at least like a VM icon

Phone
    HTC EVO

I asked the same thing but for a different rom

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D (ICS)

I had the same problem- my solution was to switch to Google Voice for my VM, which is a huge improvement anyway. I now get notifications in the status bar AND it attempts to transcribe them for me so I can read them.

You'll have to follow the manual instructions to get it working with Cricket, but it's not hard at all.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by Screamer4 View Post
    I had the same problem- my solution was to switch to Google Voice for my VM, which is a huge improvement anyway. I now get notifications in the status bar AND it attempts to transcribe them for me so I can read them.

You'll have to follow the manual instructions to get it working with Cricket, but it's not hard at all.

So if i am doing this right I would open Google Voice. Where it speaks of Google and Sprint partnered. I skip to do regular Google Voice setup. The Sign In Your Email address will show or you have the option to choose another account. Then you choose if you want to make calls using this, Me personally I dont and wont make any calls using the service, So I click " Do Not Use Google Voice To Make Any Calls" Then select next. Then it says to set up Google Voice. select next Then it goes to a screen where I am unsure. It says to Dial *283175604393 when i do this Cricket can not complete the call. so i select Configure, It then ask to select " Voicemail Service( My Carrier) Or ( Google Voice) If you choose my Carrier then it asks you to dial the *283175604393 number again, Which it wont let me. So i am stuck If i choose Google Voice then i dont get the notification. If i choose the carrier then it asks me to dial the *283175604393 whic its the Cricket guy saying "can not make call" any help?!?!
    Last edited by twisteddreams; 06-21-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Phone
    HTC EVO

mine was *74 then the vm number that was provided

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by twisteddreams View Post
    I have rooted, Installed Jimminy Cricket ROM. And I would first like to Thank mycricket Forum for the oppertunity to be involved with such a great forum.

Also Have to Think chrisngrod For all the help and assistance he has Given me. He is a great guy make it as simple and dumbed down as possible.

But the issues regarding The VM notification, Do i need to change settings in the phones files to resolve this? Or do I need to Install an app of sort?

Thanks In Advance
    Best Regars
    TwIsTeDdReAmS

Also If anyone is Running The Gingerbread Let me know what you think. Or any issues with or without it, I am considering Installing.
    Man I'm sorry I overlooked this post. I use to use Voicemail Notifier by eXtorian (available on the Market). This was because the Samsung Epic had the same problem...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D (ICS)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mendoza View Post
    mine was *74 then the vm number that was provided

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    Ditto with mine.

Angry HTC EVO 4g flashed to CRICKET VM Icon missing from taskbar

I have a flashed CRICKET HTC EVO 4g, I noticed sometime last week that I wasn't receiving my voicemail notifications anymore on my taskbar.

What did I do? Heck, I dont know. It just gets frustrating that I have to check my voicemail alot manually. I just want my notification back on the taskbar - you know the icon that looks like eyeglasses or the two circles together. You know, your voicemail icon.

I know the reason why voicemail does not work is that Cricket does not use visual voicemail as sprint does. ITS A FLASHED PHONE.
    Since the delivery method is different, currently my evo is not showing the notifications.

So, I am having to check my messages manually every hour. I was told that my phone DOES NOT need to be reflashed.

Someone sent me this file to download
    uk.co.extorian.VOICEMAILNOTIFIER-1.APK
    he/she sent it to my email
    (This is what he suggested)
    Attached is the file.
    Please make sure unknown sources are enabled (Menu-settings-applications-unknown sources).
    Download this file to your phone's SD card (via the computer).
    Now access the market on the EVO and download Astro file manager.
    Install and run. When Astro opens your SD card, find the app you just downloaded and install it.
    That's it

Ummm, suggestions? I am not all tech savvy when it comes to downloading things on my ph such as unknown apps.
    I would like some input, I really just want my VOICEMAIL notification bar back.

Thanks, Stephanie

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

They gave you a great solution. Another would be using our Google Voice tutorial and using that for Voicemail.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thread Information