Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Unhappy I can't sign in into my market

Hello, I have a full flash Evo on Cricket and I can sign in to everything else except my market...why is that...?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    HTC EVO

In order to use the market you need to use a google account. What does it say?

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I do have a google account...and i can sign on to everything but that...its odd...it tells me that "it cant establish a reliable data connection to the server". But its odd cuz i have internet...and everything else works...slowly but it works...

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden View Post
    I do have a google account...and i can sign on to everything but that...its odd...it tells me that "it cant establish a reliable data connection to the server". But its odd cuz i have internet...and everything else works...slowly but it works...
    what cricket plan are you on?

Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    what cricket plan are you on?

From the previous posts I believe he/she is on the $50 dollar plan that they couldn't put it on the android plan maybe thats why the market isn't working. You have to be on the android plan.

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Im on the all in $50 plan...which I didn't ask to be put here...they just put me on here...and i asked if they can change it once I realized what plan i was on and they said they couldn't...also for the fact they for some reason they put me on a non android device...and pcd something...aka txtm8...after telling them that I have an android...now they don't want to change it...

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Im on the all in $50 plan...which I didn't ask to be put here...they just put me on here...and i asked if they can change it once I realized what plan i was on and they said they couldn't...also for the fact they for some reason they put me on a non android device...and pcd something...aka txtm8...after telling them that I have an android...now they don't want to change it...
    Are you saying here as in this site? Or a cricket store put you on the 50 plan...?
    Other than that to get your market going have you followed the steps to get market going for the $45 plans? which involves the u2nl and auto start?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I don't know who flashed the device (sorry haven't been tracking the thread and don't know if you posted it), but they might have used a simple method to get Internet. That would be changing the Proxy Settings in the device to wap.mycricket.com port 8080. This will get you Internet, but a lot of programs will have issues using other ports.

u2nl and autostart are better solutions for anyone not on the Android plan. We have a great developer that is going to release an APK that does this for you automatically. I've tested it, and it rocks! He's actually the reason fro the forum theme change so if you like it, applaud him for it. If you don't... well... I dunno haha.

I looked at your account this morning and change the device to CPE Android so you should be able to contact Cricket and have them change the plan now. Good luck!

NOTE: If you're getting Internet on the 50 plan then they must have set something up. I'd install Anycut onto the device, make a new shortcut to the activity Proxy Settings.

Make sure you clear it out when you're on the Android Plan.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I don't know who flashed the device (sorry haven't been tracking the thread and don't know if you posted it), but they might have used a simple method to get Internet. That would be changing the Proxy Settings in the device to wap.mycricket.com port 8080. This will get you Internet, but a lot of programs will have issues using other ports.

u2nl and autostart are better solutions for anyone not on the Android plan. We have a great developer that is going to release an APK that does this for you automatically. I've tested it, and it rocks! He's actually the reason fro the forum theme change so if you like it, applaud him for it. If you don't... well... I dunno haha.

I looked at your account this morning and change the device to CPE Android so you should be able to contact Cricket and have them change the plan now. Good luck!

NOTE: If you're getting Internet on the 50 plan then they must have set something up. I'd install Anycut onto the device, make a new shortcut to the activity Proxy Settings.

Make sure you clear it out when you're on the Android Plan.
    Sweet...how much will the .apk be? can't wait to try it....just for sh** & giggles

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It'll be freaking free! Amazing, yes. Hopefully he stays on board with us for a long time. Worked on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy tablet I flashed to Cricket and my Droid 2 when I had to reset it.

I noticed that you post a good bit here. When you get home, can you check out the new theme for me from a PC? Changing the default theme in Vbulletin is kind of weird sometimes. Thanks!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    It'll be freaking free! Amazing, yes. Hopefully he stays on board with us for a long time. Worked on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy tablet I flashed to Cricket and my Droid 2 when I had to reset it.

I noticed that you post a good bit here. When you get home, can you check out the new theme for me from a PC? Changing the default theme in Vbulletin is kind of weird sometimes. Thanks!
    Yeah well when I read your previous post about the apk file and the site redone I checked it out on my phone.. And that when I noticed the typo but I'll check it on my pc for sure

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I do have the internet but its slow and thanks bout changing my phone...i aprreciate it...Gotta go to a cricket store to get my plan changed...

I do have the internet but its slow and thanks bout changing my phone...i aprreciate it...Gotta go to a cricket store to get my plan changed...
    If you become a supporting member, you can do it here! http://www.cricketusers.com/payments.php

You also get other benefits for becoming a supporting member, such as:

• -Unlimited ESN changes (up to three per month).
    • -Unlimited Add a Lines (up to three per month).
    • -Free Phone Number Changes (up to two per year).
    • -Bigger avatars.
    • -Better signatures.
    • -5000 Private Messages.

and more!

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Have you tried the app called cricket settings? Its in the market..is your phone rooted?

And yes what avenue said

Last edited by valentinoh; 06-13-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Yes my phone is rooted with unrevoked and I cant access any apps...Im not able to access my market, for the reason being that Im not able to sign in into my google account therefor my market...i'm gna have to change my plan tom... hopefully this would help...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information