Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    I think I broke my service programming :( plz help

    So people who know me in this forum know I have been working hard to get MMS to work on the Evo / PayGo $35 plan. I was messing with some settings in QPST earlier and messed something up !!! at first i couldnt make calls, kept giving busy signal..

    after more QPST tinkering, APN delete / restores, and OTA activation, I got it to work again... but now dialing out takes FOREVER.. im talking about 15 seconds or so just to start ringing...

    anyone know what this could be ?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    nevermind, fixed it :P

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    MMS on $35!? Huh?

  5. #4
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    MMS on $35!? Huh?
    I think I may have a different setup from most of you... I am on the unlimited PayGo plan which includes talk, text, pix, web for $35 a month... its much cheaper than regular cricket plans, and you get the same unlimited service... im not sure if theres a difference in data speed.

    I just cant get the MMS to work properly on my phone... but it seems like im not the only one whos having problems even after numerous APN restores and EPST edits....

    BTW the resolution to the initial reason i posted this thread was that the MIN number wasnt setting properly in QPST, but i rebooted my pc and it worked fine after
    Last edited by nukicks; 07-19-2011 at 10:21 AM.

  6. #5
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by nukicks View Post
    I think I may have a different setup from most of you... I am on the unlimited PayGo plan which includes talk, text, pix, web for $35 a month... its much cheaper than regular cricket plans, and you get the same unlimited service... im not sure if theres a difference in data speed.

    I just cant get the MMS to work properly on my phone... but it seems like im not the only one whos having problems even after numerous APN restores and EPST edits....

    BTW the resolution to the initial reason i posted this thread was that the MIN number wasnt setting properly in QPST, but i rebooted my pc and it worked fine after
    You should run the speedtest app on your Evo. I am curious about what data speeds you get for $35. I'm on the $55 Android plan right now and don't see a whole lot of value in it because I'm on slow throttled internet. If I only spent $35/month I would feel alot better about it. I really don't use MMS that much because I use Google Voice for phone/texting and there is no MMS option with them.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Oh ok, the 35 paygo monthly plan does have mms I forgot about that.. Did you push a modified telephony.db that might work. Some phones don't need apns to be messed with just telephony.db

    Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,403, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    154-4bdu114h's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,031
    Phone
    iPhone 4



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    You should run the speedtest app on your Evo. I am curious about what data speeds you get for $35. I'm on the $55 Android plan right now and don't see a whole lot of value in it because I'm on slow throttled internet. If I only spent $35/month I would feel alot better about it. I really don't use MMS that much because I use Google Voice for phone/texting and there is no MMS option with them.
    He doesn't have wap unless he pays 25 cents a day for it

    Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    He doesn't have wap unless he pays 25 cents a day for it

    Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk
    ok, gotcha. Still comes out to $42.50/month. I may have to check it out.

  10. #9
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    You should run the speedtest app on your Evo. I am curious about what data speeds you get for $35. I'm on the $55 Android plan right now and don't see a whole lot of value in it because I'm on slow throttled internet. If I only spent $35/month I would feel alot better about it. I really don't use MMS that much because I use Google Voice for phone/texting and there is no MMS option with them.
    I hope ur speeds are better cause my speeds suck. not bad for browsing and lo res streaming, but other than that its garbage IMO.

    I just ran one and oddly the download and upload was both 0.51 Mbps. Highest U/L : 0.67 Mbps, Highest D/L: 0.92 Mbps

  11. #10
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Oh ok, the 35 paygo monthly plan does have mms I forgot about that.. Did you push a modified telephony.db that might work. Some phones don't need apns to be messed with just telephony.db

    Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk
    I believe I did. If it was in chris' tutorial then yeah

  12. #11
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by nukicks View Post
    I hope ur speeds are better cause my speeds suck. not bad for browsing and lo res streaming, but other than that its garbage IMO.

    I just ran one and oddly the download and upload was both 0.51 Mbps. Highest U/L : 0.67 Mbps, Highest D/L: 0.92 Mbps
    LOL, you are blasting my throttled speeds right now. Are you sure it's Mbps and not Kpbs? Before throttling, I averaged around .90+Mbps and after throttling I am getting around .08 - .10 Mpbs(80-100Kpbs).

  13. #12
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    He doesn't have wap unless he pays 25 cents a day for it

    Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk
    Incorrect, your talking bout the $1, $2, and $3 a day plans.. mine is the $35 a month PayGo plan... i dont pay anything else but $35 for all of the services i mentioned

  14. #13
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    In Austin I usually get really good speeds. What ROM are you running? Sorry if I didn't catch that from previous posts.... I'm actually moving into Austin at the end of this month.

    EDIT: MyCricket won't show my usage right now. Will only show my other line.

    97ms ping time .46mpbs down, .22mbps up

    I should already be throttled.


    In other news, when I move to Austin, my cable service will be 50mpbs down and 5mpbs up. Woo hoo. Less time waiting for my videos to upload.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-19-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  15. #14
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    LOL, you are blasting my throttled speeds right now. Are you sure it's Mbps and not Kpbs? Before throttling, I averaged around .90+Mbps and after throttling I am getting around .08 - .10 Mpbs(80-100Kpbs).
    Are you serious ??!? and yes im sure its Mbps, thats what I have it set on,,, 525kbps. i dont think paygo throttles

  16. #15
    Member
    Points: 1,158, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    In Austin I usually get really good speeds. What ROM are you running? Sorry if I didn't catch that from previous posts.... I'm actually moving into Austin at the end of this month.
    Im on Jiminy... but thinking about going to MikG.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. No service!
    By FedUp in forum Cricket Network Issues and Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 08:51 PM
  2. TV Service
    By avenue in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
  3. Cell Service thru Wifi
    By newdlz in forum General Discussion / FAQ
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 08:23 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner