Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

I'm new here and have a question

I have a HTC EVO flashed to cricket and recently I had to discontinue my plan because I moved to new York. I had to change to paygo and by a Cricket brand phone...Is it possible to use my evo with paygo? If so what do I need to do to switch phones. I already have a paygo account and phone number.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    LG Optimus S

I think you can only use cricket branded phones on pay go. There have been a couple of recent threads on the matter.

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

yes its possible because im using my evo on a pay go plan now

Is there an unlimited minute plan in your area?

If there is, you should be able to use a flashed phone, depending on your area.

If there is not an unlimited plan, and instead there is a $25 (300 minute), $35 (1,00 minute), and $55 (1,000 minute Android) plan, you can't use a flashed phone.

Please give us your zip code so we can look into it.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Here is a thread that might be helpful: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...t-worries.html

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

My phone is now on the $25 paygo plan, 12563 is the zip code however I still have a tx number. My talk and text are working, internet and mms is not working. At the very least how do I get my internet running. I was told I can get it working but I live to far from the people that flashed my phone right now to get it reprogrammed. I looked up how to flash my phone again but I found out all I may need is a half flash. I've never flashed a phone before so although I can figure some things out on this site I have no idea where to get started. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by kpeoples83:34551
    My phone is now on the $25 paygo plan, 12563 is the zip code however I still have a tx number. My talk and text are working, internet and mms is not working. At the very least how do I get my internet running. I was told I can get it working but I live to far from the people that flashed my phone right now to get it reprogrammed. I looked up how to flash my phone again but I found out all I may need is a half flash. I've never flashed a phone before so although I can figure some things out on this site I have no idea where to get started. Please help
    If unlimited plans are not available in your area you cannot use a flashed phone.
    If unlimited plans are available, take a look at the thread I posted before to see if you're in an AWS market.

If you can use a flashed phone in your market you can search the forum and post if you have questions or we can flash the phone for you.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I'm using a EVO 4G on paygo $1 per day plan with full working talk, txt, mms, web (3g)

As long as you are not in a awd area you should be good

To get the mms, 3g working you need to set up for proxy tunneling. Best way I found is green k45
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 12-04-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    I'm using a EVO 4G on paygo $1 per day plan with full working talk, txt, mms, web (3g)

To get the mms, 3g working you need to set up for proxy tunneling. Best way I found is green k45

I'm new at this. I do not know what awd means but unlimited plans are not available in my area the highest amount of minutes is 1000. If its really a problem not having unlimited plans why am I able to get talk and text and is there anyway to work around it and get internet at the very least?

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by kpeoples83:34636
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post

I'm new at this. I do not know what awd means but unlimited plans are not available in my area the highest amount of minutes is 1000. If its really a problem not having unlimited plans why am I able to get talk and text and is there anyway to work around it and get internet at the very least?
    Ok well if its on a plan then you should be able to get it to work.

Well if the phone was already fully flashed to cricket then it should already have the correct apn and you should be able to just get an app from the market called greenK45 (was made by a forum member) grab the free version first to try it and see if your web works. If it does then get the full version.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Ok thanks for the reply...I downloaded the app. My device is rooted, the error I get is : error.is the 3g logo visible....?
    The 3g logo is not showing on my phn. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kpeoples83 View Post
    If unlimited plans aren't available in your area, you will need to use a Cricket phone. You can purchase online at MyCricket.com or go to Best Buy to purchase in a store.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by kpeoples83:34684
    Ok thanks for the reply...I downloaded the app. My device is rooted, the error I get is : error.is the 3g logo visible....?
    I can't remember. I had that on my old phone. I got it fixed. Just not sure how

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

The 3G logo visibility is an indicator to whether a data connection is established. No 3G logo == no connectivity, it's that simple. Either you are in an AWS area and need to use a Cricket branded device OR your data settings are not programmed correctly which is why there is no connectivity.

Use QPST to check data settings, use this guide as a reference...

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself:34836
    The 3G logo visibility is an indicator to whether a data connection is established. No 3G logo == no connectivity, it's that simple. Either you are in an AWS area and need to use a Cricket branded device OR your data settings are not programmed correctly which is why there is no connectivity.

Use QPST to check data settings, use this guide as a reference...
    I think on my old phone I had to wright new nv with correct phone number and change my apn

Thread Information