Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Points: 1,344, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    FF2CO4's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg,va
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB



    installing MMS.apk and adb gives error adb:not found??



    anyone know how to get around this so i can finsh this fix?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    I have very little ADB experience, but can't you do this all on the phone? Here's a copy of Root Explorer that allows you to write to /system.Root_Explorer_2123.apk

  4. #3
    Member
    Points: 1,344, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    FF2CO4's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg,va
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    I have very little ADB experience, but can't you do this all on the phone? Here's a copy of Root Explorer that allows you to write to /system.Root_Explorer_2123.apk
    actually i just did and now my app is gone..like for text messaging ..ehhhh wtf! lol

    when someone sends me a text and i go to open it says " sorry..... the application messages {processcom.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again...

  5. #4
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by FF2CO4 View Post
    actually i just did and now my app is gone..like for text messaging ..ehhhh wtf! lol

    when someone sends me a text and i go to open it says " sorry..... the application messages {processcom.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again...
    Don't know the answer for that, but here's a couple mms files you can try if you want. The mms.apk is from my current rom. the others are files I have used in the past trying to setup mms.
    Gingerbread mms fix.zip
    Mms.apk
    cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip

    May need to reboot.

  6. #5
    Member
    Points: 1,344, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    FF2CO4's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg,va
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    Don't know the answer for that, but here's a couple mms files you can try if you want. The mms.apk is from my current rom. the others are files I have used in the past trying to setup mms.
    Gingerbread mms fix.zip
    Mms.apk
    cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip
    dude you rock! i was just about to ask, ill give this a try and let ya know!
    i just installed the apk you gave me, im rebooting now!

  7. #6
    Member
    Points: 1,344, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    FF2CO4's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg,va
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB



    well that didnt work out as well as i would of liked it too, i ended up reflashing my rom...so now im back at the drawing board, i did try to install the gingerbread fix but it gave me some error in recovery that it couldnt find the updated file, so i tried the other zip, which i just tested to see if it worked. thanks so much for your help!

  8. #7
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    one more thing you can try. Go to dialer > ##3282# > edit mode > advanced > scroll down to mms server and make sure it is
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms


    . If you need to change it, after the change, make sure you hit menu and commit modifications. This should reboot. If not, do a manual reboot.

    My mms works sometimes and sometimes not. I rarely use it anyway since I use Google Voice now for talk/text and you can't mms on GV.

    Last edited by ksechrest; 07-23-2011 at 11:25 AM.

  9. #8
    Member
    Points: 1,344, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    FF2CO4's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg,va
    Posts
    150
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    one more thing you can try. Go to dialer > ##3282# > edit mode > advanced > scroll down to mms server and make sure it is
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms


    . If you need to change it, after the change, make sure you hit menu and commit modifications. This should reboot. If not, do a manual reboot.

    My mms works sometimes and sometimes not. I rarely use it anyway since I use Google Voice now for talk/text and you can mms on GV.
    thanks i tried that also ...and nothing..im not really that worried about it being as id hardly use it also..guess i could just use google voice lol..thanks for your help.


 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sms error code 105
    By whitefiretiger in forum Verizon Motorola Droid (a855)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM
  2. Getting Error ( Acct Cant be verified) Need Help
    By twisteddreams in forum Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 08:59 AM
  3. Facebook Syndication Error
    By CU-News in forum Cricket's Facebook Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
  4. Error message 131 or 67 and generic messages
    By bjay in forum Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 07:53 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner