Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

JTAG bricked HTC EVO 4g Question.

anyone think this schematic for a jtag will work jtagging a bricked EVO 4g board? I've seen a few jtag options on the net and just wondering if this old school one would work? Or you think I should use 330 ohm resistor's in place of the 100 ohm or should I use a schematic that uses the 1N914 - 1N4148 diodes?

100_ohm_jtag.jpg
    Ive had some success flashing other devices with such jtags and have a few laying around. Trust me my mobo was bought special just to be able to flash with these things.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Got some time off and been snooping around a bit to see what I could come up with. Finally found my T5 driver to get the thing open and check out the insides of this thing. Been looking at some of the software that's available for jtagging on of these and its all designed special to only work with the authors special jtag and nothing else, cant even see what the softwares about I'll keep looking and see if I can find some other universal software that will work with the chips on the board.

Been thinking though, I know it was a HTC OTA update that killed (bricked) this phone. I think that is just the biggest pile of excrement I've ever heard of, a manufacturer killing their own device just because the end user wanted to modify the device. Micro$oft doesn't even kill the device they just blacklist or ban you. As a matter of fact don't think I've ever had any manufacturer update kill any device until now. Usually at the most the update will just revert the device back to stock and lock you back out but to kill it. Does HTC think this is a way to get people to buy more HTC devices? I can tell you right now I think I will never spend another dime on a HTC device again, putting them right in the pile with brother. Brother because I couldn't figure out where all the ink for my printer was going till I opened up the printer and there was a sponge sucking up all the ink seemed to clean itself every day. If you unplugged the device and soon as you plugged it in, it would dump the ink into the sponge. Took printer apart and saw sponge with my own eye's.

Oh well just some thought's but I'm going to keep digging around for more info since I have some time. Don't know if I wunna pay more for a jtag than I did for the phone. Might just take the $160 - $200 they want for a jtag and put it towards another phone.

Been needing to get my MMS working with my Nexus S 4G on ICS on a linux partition right now might look at the mms.apk a little, who knows.

Did a little looking around and think I'm just going to buy me a new motherboard for this phone, found some from $10 - $30. Going to mess with the jtag and see what I get but I think new mobo will be the easiest solution.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I have to take back my previous statement about not having a OTA update kill a device. There was the whole Black Sunday indecent of January 28, 2001 @ 8:30 pm est. Think I would look stupid with a boot loader strapped to the EVO 4g though.
    Black Sunday didn't kill the IRD though it just looped the CAM and kinda killed the boot loader.
    Last edited by Error420; 07-28-2012 at 10:19 PM.

I offer jtag service threw ebay

Thread Information