Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Just Got EVO 4G Flashed

Am new to this flashing scneario. I got a phone (Evo $g-White)off someone on craigslist.Took it to the cricket shop and they "fully flashed it". Phone is having some issues that some I see have been addressed before like MMS problems...others are:-

1. the phone does not connect to 3G, it had the Icon when I left the cricket shop but lost it driving home and have not figured out how to get it.Am connected on wifi right now at at work.

2. ofcourse the guy who flashed it at the store told me that MMS will not work unless via e-mail. Looking thro the forum seems like some people have found a solution to this.

3. I live in San Diego,CA he told me that the phone would only work in this area only and if I were to go North say to Los Angeles, it would not work.

4. on the banner, the phone still says "sprint", some videos i have seen on youtube have theirs saying "cricket" I dont know if this is anything big or he just did not change the name when flashing.

The last time I used a cell phone was 3 years ago, so am totally out of tune with cell phones and just catching up.any help or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated. I will continue searching the forums see if i can get some answers from ealier post.Thanks for your help.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Am new to this flashing scneario. I got a phone (Evo $g-White)off someone on craigslist.Took it to the cricket shop and they "fully flashed it". Phone is having some issues that some I see have been addressed before like MMS problems...others are:-

1. the phone does not connect to 3G, it had the Icon when I left the cricket shop but lost it driving home and have not figured out how to get it.Am connected on wifi right now at at work.
    Answer:Take it back and tell to reflash a better prl.

2. ofcourse the guy who flashed it at the store told me that MMS will not work unless via e-mail. Looking thro the forum seems like some people have found a solution to this.
    Answer: Apnbackup&restore will work for me but need 3g for it to work.

3. I live in San Diego,CA he told me that the phone would only work in this area only and if I were to go North say to Los Angeles, it would not work.
    Answer: NO Idea but I don't live there so I don't know.

4. on the banner, the phone still says "sprint", some videos i have seen on youtube have theirs saying "cricket" I dont know if this is anything big or he just did not change the name when flashing.
    Answer: Cdma ws or Qpst will change the banner but just to make it look cool or add your name. You need the Msl code for the phone and know they have change not to six zero but to some other #. Cdma ws it will be on nam and Qpst it will be on display. Both say banner.

The last time I used a cell phone was 3 years ago, so am totally out of tune with cell phones and just catching up.any help or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated. I will continue searching the forums see if i can get some answers from ealier post.Thanks for your help.

Thread Information