Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Lightbulb Might as well upgrade to $55 plan

Hey guys, I'm pretty new here (great site btw). My Evo 4G is completely flashed to Cricket with working talk, text, and web (no MMS but not really a big deal for me, there are ways around it). The thing is, my web is extremely slow 1x or whatever, CDMA-rtt 1x or something like that. It doesn't go to 3G at all and it's annoyingly slow. I am on the $45 plan that claims to give 3G, I don't know why there isn't any. Does anyone have an answer to this? I might as well switch to the $55 Android plan because it seems to be the only way to get REAL 3G for the Evo on Cricket. Am I wrong? Let me know what you guys think. Btw I'm in Houston, TX with a PRL I got from this forum, they said their 3G and 4G works fine but I'm willing to bet they're on the $55 plan.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

On the 45 plan it's still 3G, but you're routing all your traffic through a proxy. Basically it's placing another step in between you receiving your traffic.

55 dollar Android

You ----- Internet

45 dollar plan

You --------- Proxy --------- Internet

Remember traffic goes back and forth so the length of this route has increased a bit. This is simplified and there's a lot more involved.

4G via Wimax can be achieved by getting a Clear account (if the device hasn't been flagged). Some people will have 4G with a disconnected Sprint phone until the mac address has been removed from the system (or perhaps it would be more correct to say Clear's system). This usually occurs after Sprint has disconnected the talk, text, 3G data (1-2 weeks in my experience??).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Good stuff. Yeah my 4G radios still pick up but it doesn't affect anything. The proxy slows the data speed down DRAMATICALLY for those of you thinking about the $45 plan on the HTC Evo 4G. Don't know about other phones

Thread Information